This Cardiovascular Surgical Devices market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Cardiovascular Surgical Devices market.
A World Health Organization factsheet states that 17.5 million people the world over die every year because of cardiovascular diseases. This amounts to nearly 31% of the total yearly deaths. A large number of these deaths occur in low or middle-income countries and are primarily caused by strokes or a heart attack. Such ominous statistics are the primary reason driving the growth of the global cardiovascular surgical devices market. Cardiovascular surgery is performed to cure heart tissue defects by replacing heart valves if they are blocked, or grafting or replacing the heart tissue in case of damage. The two main types of heart surgeries are open heart surgery and closed heart surgery.
The global cardiovascular surgical devices market comprises beating heart surgery systems, cardiac aberration devices, cardiopulmonary bypass equipment, and perfusion disposables. The device to be used depends upon the type and the purpose of the surgery. Going forward, the cardiovascular surgical devices market is expected to play an important role in improving the quality of life of the aged population, along with those individuals who may suffer from some kind of heart disease.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
According to the American Medical Association (AMA), more than 80 million people in the country suffer from some kind of heart disease. An increasingly fast-paced life has given rise to a number of lifestyle-related ailments such as stress, diabetes and cardiovascular diseases. This affects not only the geriatric population that is at the greatest risk but has also begun to trouble individuals in their 30’s and even 20’s. While cardiovascular surgery has long been performed, recent innovations including ‘beating heart’ surgeries, minimally invasive procedures, Cardiac Rhythm Management (CRM) and other improvements are anticipated to be a major driver of the global cardiovascular surgical devices market. These technological advancements cause fewer side effects and allow patients to spend less time in post-surgical recovery. A growing pool of elderly people in North America, the European Union, China and Japan is also likely to be a key factor benefitting the cardiovascular surgical devices market. They are predicted to ensure that the market grows in double digits throughout the forecast period. In addition to this, rising stress levels, poor nutrition causing obesity and other health issues that are the bane of a modern lifestyle can potentially lead to cardiovascular diseases.
Today, insurance agencies and companies have begun providing plans specifically targeting chronic diseases such as cancer and cardiovascular diseases. People have become much more aware of how debilitating these diseases can be and they have begun to show greater concern for their health, following the mantra of prevention being better than cure. Government and private insurance company encouragement in creating awareness should definitely benefit the cardiovascular surgical devices market.
There are a few challenges that can stifle the growth of the cardiovascular surgical devices market. Alternative technologies are growing at a much faster rate than conventional surgical technology – examples include ablation techniques that are minimally invasive or percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI). Developing countries face a dearth of skilled medical professionals and the high cost of such treatments can be a major deterrent, especially for those unfortunate individuals who are afflicted with a heart disease but cannot afford an insurance cover.
Cardiovascular Surgical Devices Market: Key Regions
North America, led by the U.S., is the largest cardiovascular surgical devices market as the region has maximum employment in the tertiary sector leading to a stressful, sedentary lifestyle; easy availability of junk and fast food causing obesity; and a population that is rapidly ageing. Europe is the second largest cardiovascular surgical devices market due to the same reasons as North America, while China is expected to become an increasingly important contributor to the global cardiovascular surgical devices market in the days ahead.
Cardiovascular Surgical Devices Market: Key Players
Some of the leading players in the cardiovascular surgical devices market are Abbott Cardiovascular, Biosensors International, Bioventrix Inc, Cordis Corp and Terumo Cardiovascular Systems.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, types and applications.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
NOTE - All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Future Market Insights.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Cardiovascular Surgical Devices Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, S. Africa, N. Africa)
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Cardiovascular Surgical Devices Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Cardiovascular Surgical Devices Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Cardiovascular Surgical Devices Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Cardiovascular Surgical Devices Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)