This Cavitated Films market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Cavitated Films market.
Cavitated Films Market: Overview
Cavitated films meant for packaging purposes offer enormous growth opportunities. Cavitated films find application in the food industry for the packaging of ice creams, chocolates, and other snacks. The main feature of cavitated films is micro cavitation. Cavitated films are poised to witness increasing demand from the packaging industry due to their all-purpose conversion characteristics. Cavitated BOPP films have superior machinability, which makes them an ideal choice for VFFS and HFFS packaging applications.
Growth in Consumption of Convenience Foods
There has been a year-on-year increase in the demand for convenience food, especially in emerging economies such as India, China, and ASEAN countries. Convenience foods such as snacks, and confectionary items available at restaurants have witnessed an increase in consumption across the world. This is expected to positively impact the growth of regional cavitated films markets.
One the main factors driving the cavitated films market is the low density offered as compared to their alternatives. This enables cavitated films to be more cost-effective than their alternatives, which, in turn, is projected to escalate the cavitated films market during the forecast period. In addition, the growing demand for the enhanced shelf life of food products such as ice creams and chocolates has created demand for micro cavitated films. Increase in the preference for flexible packaging solutions is accredited to the growing desire for convenience packaging. Since countries such as Thailand and Vietnam are witnessing a change in consumer acuities regarding food consumption, a substantial amount of consumers give emphasis on nutritious food with convenience packaging solutions, which enhance product life. Rising consumer awareness towards packaging, coupled with a shift in preference for flexible packaging solutions, is expected to drive the growth of the cavitated films market.
Fierce Competition from Alternative Plastic Materials for High Barrier Packaging
Increase in the demand for flexible packaging solutions has led to the increasing demand for high and ultra-high barrier films. Nowadays, various materials such as EVOH, PVdC, and PA are being used as barrier materials, which has intensified the competition. All these factors might hamper the cavitated films market in the coming years.
Cavitated Films Market: Regional Outlook
Regions such as Europe and North America represent developed markets for cavitated films. However, cavitated films have been witnessing strong demand in developing economies such as China and India, catapulted by expansion of the flexible packaging industry in these countries. Moreover, other Asian countries such as Myanmar and Vietnam have been experiencing strong growth in their flexible packaging industries. This is expected to facilitate the growth of the Asia Pacific cavitated films for packaging market during the forecast period.
Cavitated Films Market: Key Players
Some of the key players in the cavitated films market are as follows:
- Jindal Poly Films Limited
- Cosmo Films Ltd
- Mitsui Chemicals Tohcello, Inc
- Vacmet India Ltd
- Oben Group
- KristaFilms, S.A. de C.V.
- Polinas Plastics of America
- Innovia Films
Mergers and Acquisitions - Strategy Adopted to Sustain in the Market
The cavitated films industry has witnessed a number of mergers and acquisitions between the top players in the market.
- For instance, Jindal Poly Films Ltd., which is an India-based manufacturer of polyester-based packaging films, acquired the global BOPP business of Exxon Mobil Chemical. The deal provided Jindal Poly Films Ltd. with five BOPP production units located across the U.S. and Europe. Jindal Poly Films Ltd. is in talks to acquire the European business segment of DuPont Teijin Films.
Therefore, large companies are focusing on consolidation to expand into untapped markets and enhance their production capacities of cavitated films.
The report on cavitated films market is a compilation of first-hand information, and qualitative & quantitative assessment by industry analysts, as well as inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides an in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators, and governing factors, along with market attractiveness as per segment. Cavitated films market also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Cavitated Films Market: Regional Analysis Includes –
- North America
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa (MEA)
- East Asia
- South Asia
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Cavitated Films Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Cavitated Films Market: Segmentation
On the basis of thickness, cavitated films can be segmented as:
- Below 20 Microns
- 20 - 40 Microns
- 41 - 70 Microns
- Above 70 Microns
On the basis of material, cavitated films can be segmented as:
- Baxially-oriented Polypropylene (BOPP)
- Polyethylene Terephthalate (PET)
On the basis of end use, cavitated films can be segmented as:
- Ice Creams
- Biscuits & Breads
- Other Snacks
- Personal Care
- Others (Shower Gels, etc.)
Cavitated Films Market: Report Highlights
- Detailed overview of the parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth segmentation of the global cavitated films market
- Historical, current, and projected size of the global cavitated films market, regarding volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape in the global cavitated films market strategies for key players operating in the protective fabrics and products offered by them
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on performance of the global cavitated films market
- Must-have information for global cavitated films market to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Cavitated Films Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Cavitated Films Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Cavitated Films Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Cavitated Films Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)