This Chloroacetophenone market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Chloroacetophenone market.
Chloroacetophenone Market: Introduction
Chloroacetophenone is also known as phenacyl chloride and was discovered by German scientists in 1870. However, the compound was not developed to be put into scientific uses until 1877. The United States was the first nation which passed a resolution in 1923 to make use of the compound for law enforcement across the country. Chloroacetophenone is a substituted acetophenone and an important building block in organic chemistry. Chloroacetophenone is synthesized by the Friedel-Crafts acylation of benzene by using chloroacetyl chloride in the presence of aluminum chloride as a catalyst. Chloroacetophenone usually exists in the solid form but has the ability to be converted into an aerosol agent. The compound in its purest form exists as a solid crystalline material which is white in color. The compound resembles sugar and salt in appearance. The usage of chloroacetophenone is either in the form of fine dust or in the form of an aerosol.
The primary use of chloroacetophenone is in the manufacture of tearing agents, pepper sprays and smoking agents (such as smoke bombs). Chloroacetophenone is known to be an irritant and accidental contact with the compound without protective gear can result in irritation of the eyes, skin or respiratory tract. Ingestion of the compound can also result in pain and discomfort in the abdominal region. Inhalation of chloroacetophenone can lead to lung infection, tightness of the chest, vomiting, nausea, etc.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Chloroacetophenone Market: Market Dynamics
Chloroacetophenone finds widespread application in the riot control segment which falls under the ambit of regional security. Smoke bombs and tear gas are commonly used to control riot outbreaks and make groups to disperse. The high incidence of riot outbreaks happening across the globe has been responsible for sustained demand and consumption of the chloroacetophenone market.
The major factor which is deterring the growth of the chloroacetophenone market is the highly hazardous nature of the compound. Chloroacetophenone, when bought in contact with the atmosphere, may, in certain conditions, chemically react with the atmospheric gases and produce hydrogen which is highly inflammable. Further, the ill effects of chloroacetophenone on human well-being are also inhibiting the growth of the chloroacetophenone market.
Chloroacetophenone Market: Regional Outlook
On the regional front, Chloroacetophenone has been widely used in the gulf countries as well as in South-East Asia. The use of tear gas has also been quite evident in riot prone areas of African nations. Chloroacetophenone has also found its share of application in pesticides in agrarian countries in South East Asia. Hence, chloroacetophenone is expected to find a major share of its consumption in regions of Asia, Africa and Latin America. However, countries such as the US, UK and Canada have passed resolutions recently to prevent the use of tear gas and other anti-riot chemicals due to the harmful effects of chloroacetophenone on human health as well as the environment which will adversely impact the market for chloroacetophenone in the region.
Chloroacetophenone Market: Key Market Participants
Some of the key market participants in the global Chloroacetophenone market are:
- Merck KGaA (formerly Sigma-Aldrich)
- Santa Cruz Biotechnology, Inc.
- Lianyungang Guangda Chemical Co. Ltd.
- Taj Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
- Tokyo Chemical Industry Co. Ltd.
- Val Organics Pvt. Ltd.
- SDI Group
- Capot Chemical Co. Ltd.
- Clarion Drug Ltd.
- Neuchatel Chemie Specialities
The Chloroacetophenone market research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the Chloroacetophenone market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The Chloroacetophenone market research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, end use operation, packaging type, and dispersion methods.
The Chloroacetophenone market report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Chloroacetophenone Market Segments
- Chloroacetophenone Market Dynamics
- Chloroacetophenone Market Size
- Chloroacetophenone Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Chloroacetophenone Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Peru)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K., Spain, BENELUX, Nordics)
- Eastern Europe (Russia, Poland, CIS)
- Asia-Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, South Korea)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, South Africa, Turkey, Iran, Israel)
The Chloroacetophenone market report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The Chloroacetophenone market report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Chloroacetophenone Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Chloroacetophenone Market: Market Segmentation
The global Chloroacetophenone market can be segmented on the basis of packaging type, dispersion form, and, end users.
On the basis of packaging type, the global Chloroacetophenone market is segmented into:
- Polyethylene Sealed Sachets & Bags
- Liquid Containers (Cans, Shells, and Canisters)
On the basis of dispersion form, the global Chloroacetophenone market is segmented into:
On the basis of end users, the global Chloroacetophenone market is segmented into:
- Army & Security Forces
- Personal Care Industry (Self-Defense)
- Others (Pharmaceutical Industry, Pesticides)
- Detailed overview of chloroacetophenone market
- Changing market dynamics in the chloroacetophenone market
- In-depth market segmentation of the chloroacetophenone market
- Historical, current and projected chloroacetophenone market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint