This Corneal Edema Treatment market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Corneal Edema Treatment market.
Corneal edema is refer to a cornea that is excessively hydrated than the normal 78% water content. Excess hydration of cornea causes to loss transparency of cornea and leads to impaired vision and eye pain. The corneal edema treatment choice is depends on the specific cause and related symptoms of an individual patient. Elimination of the underlying aetiology must be targeted in the case of secondary edema (inflammation, infection, trauma, glaucoma). Topical corticosteroids and hypertonic agent are considered to be primary treatment therapies. Topical corticosteroids reduces anterior segment inflammation and consequently corneal edema. Other complications is increase in intraocular pressure, which can be treated using hypertonic agent, carbonic anhydrase inhibitors. Antibiotic therapies can be preferred in case of infection based corneal edema. For management of primary corneal edema, hypertonic agent in the form of topical drops and ointment can be prefer to treat mild edema which draw out excessive corneal fluid. In addition, bandage contact lens on cornea can be used as an auxiliary treatments to provide relief from discomfort of edema when surgical intervention is not recommended or is delayed. In case of high-risk chronic corneal edema, surgical corneal transplantation treatment can be performed to improve vision of the patient.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Corneal Edema Treatment Market: Drivers and Restraints
Corneal edema treatment market is expected to witness high growth owing to increasing aging population and rise in eye disease prevalence. From patient perspective, increasing clinical research and subsequent new product launch is expected to fuel the corneal edema treatment market. Increasing number of corneal trauma from cataract surgeries and accidents is a major driving factor of corneal edema treatment market. However, low healthcare expenditure are expected to hamper the future corneal edema treatment market in developing economies. Also, less awareness among the patient about the treatment option may deter the progress of corneal edema treatment market.
Corneal Edema Treatment Market: Overview
The global corneal edema treatment market is estimated to grow steady growth over forecast years owing to global rise in aging populations, increasing number of surgical procedures associated with eye disease epidemic. According to WHO, glaucoma is second leading cause of blindness globally which needs corneal edema prone surgical procedures. In corneal treatment market, topical corticosteroids and hypertonic agents therapies are expected to grow with high rate owing to their use in first-line treatment in acute as well chronic conditions of corneal edema. Recently, DEXTENZA, a dexamethasone corticosteroid containing advanced delivery ophthalmic insert manufactured by Ocular Therapeutics is approved by US FDA. However, corneal devices and transplantations associated post use/surgery risk is hampering their preference in treatment options.
Corneal Edema Treatment Market: Regional Outlook
The global corneal edema treatment market is expected to be dominated by North America due to higher product research and development activities with existing product availability. Europe is expected to be the second most growing region in the global corneal edema treatment market owing to advancements in early diagnosis and treatment. Latin America is emerging region for corneal edema treatment market and is estimated to show exponential growth owing to high product availability. East-Asia corneal edema treatment market is expected to show significant growth as high prevalence. Middle East & Africa is expected to be the least lucrative region in the corneal edema treatment market due to least product adoption and standard diagnosis and treatment seeking rate.
Corneal Edema Treatment Market: Key Players
The key players operating in the global corneal edema treatment market are: Pfizer Inc., Abbvie Inc, Novartis, Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd., Allergan, Bayer AG, Bausch & Lomb Incorporated, Johnson & Johnson, Teva Pharmaceuticals, Sun Pharmaceutical and others.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, application, and industry.
The report covers exhaust analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Pipeline Assessment
- Parent Market Analysis
- Value Chain
- List of FDA Approved Products
- Treatment Cost Analysis
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil)
- Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain, Russia)
- East Asia (China, Japan, South Korea)
- South Asia (India, Indonesia, Thailand, Malaysia)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, South Africa, Turkey, Northern Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Corneal Edema Treatment Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Corneal Edema Treatment Market: Segmentation
The global corneal edema treatment market is segmented on the basis of drug class, indication, distribution channel, and region.
Based on the drug class, the global corneal edema treatment market is segmented as:
- Anti-inflammatory Agents
- Hypertonic Agents
Based on indication, the global corneal edema treatment market is segmented as:
- Acute Corneal Edema
- Chronic Corneal Edema
Based on form, the global corneal edema treatment market is segmented as:
- Conventional Form
- Advanced Form
- Ocular Inserts
- Nano Hydrogels
Based on the distribution channel, the global corneal edema treatment market is segmented as:
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Drug Stores
- Online Pharmacies
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Corneal Edema Treatment Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Corneal Edema Treatment Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Corneal Edema Treatment Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Corneal Edema Treatment Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)