Cytotoxicity assays are used mainly to determine effects of hazardous substances or physiological changes in health of cell types. Cytotoxicity assays are predominant tool to quantify the exposure of cells to a cytotoxic stimulus. Additionally, cytotoxicity assay can also help to determine the metabolic activity, cell growth inhibition or division. Cytotoxicity assay also help analysts and clinicians to measure the toxicity level of a particular medication or drugs to be used in the market.
Cytotoxicity Assays: Market Dynamics
The cytotoxicity assay is one of the most important indicators used in the biological evaluation system. With progress in modern cell biology, many experimental methods to evaluate cell cytotoxicity are being continuously developed and modernized. However, one of the major drawback is the non-availability of nay uniform cytotoxicity test methods. Besides the existing methods don’t have any standardized protocol for performing cytotoxicity assays. However, some manufacturers have developed real-time as well as dynamic methods in cytotoxicity assays for quantifying cell morphology, proliferation and differentiation. Besides, other players are also trying to introduce new real-time cell analysis system technologies into cytotoxicity tests of medical devices in vitro, to meet the objective of various tests and also for evaluating the cytotoxicity assays accuracy of medical devices in vitro.
To succeed in such competitive environment, the manufacturers have already started focusing on expanding their product portfolio and regional footprint, besides develop innovative products, and invest in R&D researches, and improving brand recognition of various products in cytotoxicity assays market. In addition, several major manufacturers of cytotoxicity assays are floating investments to acquire small and local companies.
Cytotoxicity Assays Market: Overview
The cytotoxicity assays are one of the screening assays for biological evaluation of cell types. Besides, cytotoxicity assays can also be used to evaluate efficacy of tissue cells in vitro by observing the cell growth, reproduction and morphological effects by the medical devices used for conducting cytotoxicity studies. Cytotoxicity assays also play a significant role for biological evaluation as they offer series of advantages.
Cytotoxicity Assays Market: Region-wise Outlook
On the basis of geography, global cytotoxicity assays market is segmented into key regions viz. North America, Latin America, Europe, South Asia, East Asia, Oceania and Middle East & Africa. North America is anticipated to register one of the largest share in the global cytotoxicity assays market in the forecasted period. The drivers for the region include increase in hematology and cell proliferation studies, oncology studies and various other cell based studies. Europe is expected to be the second dominating region in global cytotoxicity assays market worldwide. The Asia countries, majorly India and China, are anticipated to grow at an exponential rate during the cytotoxicity assays forecast period. Factors such as substantial increase in import of these assay kits from leading global manufacturers and presence of local manufacturers with R&D setup in the region will fuel the growth of the cytotoxicity assays market in the region. Japan, with its high R&D investment in medical devices and presence of established healthcare infrastructure, will pave the way for driving the market growth of cytotoxicity assays in the country.
Cytotoxicity Assays Market: Key Players
Some of the key players present in global Cytotoxicity Assays market include
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc
- Danaher Corporation
- Sakura Finetechnical Co., Ltd
- Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings Merck KGaA
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
The regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg, Russia)
- South Aasia (India, Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, Rest of South Asia)
- East Asia (China, Japan & South Korea)
- Oceania (Australia and New Zealand)
- The Middle East and Africa (GCC, S. Africa, N. Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Cytotoxicity Assays Market: Segmentation
Segmentation by Product Type:
- Cytotoxicity Assay Based Kits
- Colorimetric Cytotoxicity Based Assays Kits
- Fluorometric Cytotoxicity Based Assays Kits
- Elisa Cytotoxicity Assay Kits
- Crystal Violet Cytotoxicity Assay Kits
- Minimal Inhibitory Concentration Cytotoxicity Assay Kits
Segmentation by Application:
- Cardio toxicity
- Cell Proliferation
- Reporter Genes
- Transfection Efficacy
Segmentation by End User Type:
- Diagnostic Centres
- Academic & Research Laboratories
- Pharma & Biotech Companies
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
Market Research Methodology - Perfected through Years of Diligence
A key factor for our unrivaled market research accuracy is our expert- and data-driven research methodologies. We combine an eclectic mix of experience, analytics, machine learning, and data science to develop research methodologies that result in a multi-dimensional, yet realistic analysis of a market.