Destination Weddings Market
A Detailed Analysis of the Destination Wedding Market on the Basis of Beach Wedding, Mountain Wedding, Vineyard Wedding, Castle Wedding, City Wedding, Island Wedding, Cultural Wedding Types
Whisked Away by Love- What is Motivating Couples to Tie the Knot in Popular Locations across Japan, Korea, the USA, Germany, the United Kingdom, and 30+ Countries? Find Out with FMI!
Destination Wedding Market Outlook (2023 to 2033)
Future Market Insights (FMI) reveals that the global destination wedding market is likely to propel at 13.1% CAGR over the forecast period 2023 to 2033. The market value is poised to skyrocket from US$ 30,259.5 million in 2023 to US$ 103,497.1 million by 2033. The destination wedding industry was valued at US$ 26,754.73 million in 2022.
The market is poised to soar rapidly during the forecast period this is due to a range of factors. It includes the increasing interconnectedness as well as surging demand for destination wedding. Couples are increasingly using social media platforms to share their wedding planning process and experiences.
Several trends have influenced the market, including the integration of technology, as with today's digital age, brides and grooms find it easy than ever to make plans remotely. This includes planning events through online invitation creation and RSVP tracking to real-time updates via email or text message. Technology plays a vital role in keeping everyone informed and engaged.
Incorporating cutting-edge tech features such as photo booths, drone footage capturing panoramas of the event has become increasingly common. Virtual wedding planners open new doors for creativity that help in the growth of destination weddings.
Couples often choose destination weddings to create unique and unforgettable experiences for themselves and their guests. Exotic locations, picturesque landscapes, and culturally rich destinations offer a sense of adventure and create lasting memories.
Destination weddings can sometimes be more cost-effective than traditional weddings, especially in expensive regions or cities. Couples might opt for destinations with favorable exchange rates, low venue costs, and package deals offered by resorts or wedding planners.
Couples prefer small, more intimate gatherings rather than large, traditional weddings. Destination weddings provide an opportunity to have a more exclusive guest list, leading to a more personal and connected experience.
Partnerships and collaboration in destination weddings have driven the demand for destination weddings. Collaborations of hotels and resorts with wedding planners, teaming up with renowned wedding service providers. Partnerships and collaborations help to expand the reach of wedding services and provide users with a wide range of options and expertise. These factors are driving the growth of the global destination wedding industry.
Key Drivers Driving Demand in the Destination Wedding Market Growth:
- Destination wedding venues and planners offer customizable packages, allowing couples to tailor their wedding to their preferences and style.
- Resorts and hotels offer wedding planning services or work with professional wedding planners to make plans viable for businesses and the consumers alike.
- As the world becomes more interconnected, international and cross-cultural marriages are becoming more common, increasing the need for convenient and easy access locations for the involved families to gather together.
- Social media platforms, particularly Instagram and Pinterest, have influenced wedding trends significantly.
|Destination Wedding Market Size (2022)||~US$ 26,754.73 Million|
|Projected Market Value (2023)||~US$ 30,259.6 Million|
|Forecast Market Size (2033)||~US$ 103,497.1 Million|
|Value-based CAGR (2023 to 2033)||~13.1%|
Don't pay for what you don't need
Customize your report by selecting specific countries or regions and save 30%!
2018 to 2022 Destination Wedding Market Sales Outlook Compared to Demand Forecast from 2023 to 2033
The global demand for destination weddings is poised to expand at 13.1% CAGR over the forecast period from 2023 to 2033. During the historical period 2018 and 2022, sales escalated at 12.9% CAGR. The market stood at a sum of US$ 26,754.73 million in 2022.
The business environment for this specific service is highly positive and competitive in nature. Coupled with continued growth and opportunities on the horizon, destination wedding has been steadily growing in popularity throughout the globe over recent years years.
As per Group Travel Organization report, a destination wedding accounts for one out of every four weddings. By far, a host of the expensive destination weddings are in New York City. With hotel prices ranging from US$ 300 to US$ 400, it's no surprise that the typical wedding costs more than US$ 70,000. Florida, California, and Nevada are the other highly popular spots for destination weddings in the United States.
Gross booking varies on the basis of service type, booking channel, target market, guest capacity, season & organization of stay aligning with the evolving preferences of consumers increasing demand for destination weddings in the market.
As destination wedding industry as a whole has experienced a transformation after the pandemic as it prompted a shift towards luxurious weddings, with couples opting for smaller, more intimate ceremonies far from home and focusing on flawless celebrations across multiple days.
Destination weddings often double up as a honeymoon, allowing couples to begin their married life in the same location where they exchanged vows. Destination weddings often come with wedding packages that include planning and coordination services, reducing the stress and workload on the couple and their families.
Choosing a destination with a predictable and pleasant climate can be appealing for couples seeking to avoid weather-related uncertainties. These factors are likely to fuel demand in the global market during the forecast period.
Comparative View of Adjacent Destination Wedding Market
The peer or tangential markets in the sector are expected to have an influence on the destination wedding insudtry. This encompasses the market in Europe. Market insights from these linked sectors have revealed valuable information that will prove useful in establishing distinct differentiated strategies for looking for development and opportunity.
Europe Destination Wedding Market:
|Attributes||Europe Destination Wedding Market|
|CAGR (2023 to 2033)||10.4%|
|Market Value (2023)||US$ 7,652.4 Million|
|Growth Factor||Increasing in customized destination weddings.|
|Key Trend||The growing popularity of online trends, new destination wedding concepts, rising adoption of eco-friendly wedding trends, easy accessibility on portals, and increasing awareness of destination weddings are the key trends in the market.|
Key Dynamics in the Market
- Growing Focus on Experience-driven Consumption Increasing Market Demand
The focus on experience-driven consumption among modern consumers has revolutionized the way individuals consume goods and services. It includes how they plan and execute their weddings.
The time spent with loved ones is no longer limited by distance or duration. Celebratory vacations have become exceedingly popular for close relatives and friends seeking quality moments amidst otherwise hectic schedules.
Destination weddings are turning into multi-day festivals featuring multiple pre-post-event escapades. It is designed to entertain visitors with myriad activities tailored to suit diverse interests.
- Evolving Socioeconomic Landscape Fuelling the Growth of the Market
This phenomenon amplifies in countries creating middle classes keen on indulgent spending practices. Such choices also reflect the trend seen in developed markets where parents consider impressive destination weddings as a way to demonstrate their financial prowess.
Accordingly, high-spending millennials are likely to continue contributing significantly to the industry's expansion, propelled by improving living standards globally.
As a result, service providers of destination weddings are anticipated to continue seeing increased demand and growth in the market.
- Convenience and Accessibility of Services Surging Destination Weddings
The recent surge in interest towards destination weddings has captured the attention of couples seeking unique experiences abroad, rather than traditional domestic ceremonies. However, convenience and personal connection continue to serve as significant motivating forces for those planning destination weddings.
Novel trends such as digital age influence and merging travel plans have been witnessed. To attract large groups to destination weddings, travel agencies offer special discounts, promotions, and loyalty programs.
Specialized services frequently combine competitive prices, free nights, upgraded hotel rooms, special restaurant menus, spa treatments, and access to exclusive facilities for wedding parties.
|Jan to Jun (H1), 2021 (A)||12.8%|
|Jul to Dec (H2), 2021 (A)||13.0%|
|Jan to Jun (H1), 2022 Projected (P)||12.9%|
|Jan to Jun (H1), 2022 Outlook (O)||14.2%|
|Jul to Dec (H2), 2022 Outlook (O)||14.4%|
|Jul to Dec (H2), 2022 Projected (P)||13.1%|
|Jan to Jun (H1), 2023 Projected (P)||13.1%|
|BPS Change: H1, 2022 (O) to H1, 2022 (P)||(+) 129|
|BPS Change: H1, 2021 (O) to H1, 2022 (A)||(-) 142|
|BPS Change: H2, 2022 (O) to H2, 2022 (P)||(+) 131|
|BPS Change: H2, 2021 (O) to H2, 2022 (P)||(-) 144|
Is Mexico a Significant Market for Destination Weddings?
Increase in International Tourist Arrivals in Mexico Driving Market Growth
Mexico has consistently been one of the most visited countries globally, with a steady increase in international tourist arrivals. As destination weddings have been growing in popularity in recent years, as couples seek a unique and memorable experience for their special day.
Mexico is a popular destination for destination weddings due to its beautiful beaches, stunning scenery, and vibrant culture. Mexico destination wedding industry increased with a CAGR of 21.1% from 2018 to 2022.
The growing popularity of destination weddings has led to an increase in the frequency of destination wedding planning services available. These services can help couples with everything from finding the perfect venue to coordinating transportation and accommodations. It has been driving the growth of destination weddings in Mexico’s market.
How is the Destination Wedding Industry Faring in the United Kingdom?
Presence of Cultural and Heritage Locations in the United Kingdom Pushing Sales
The demand forecast for destination weddings in the United Kingdom has been generally strong for the forecast period. The United Kingdom has a high rate of destination weddings in Europe. It accounted for more than 50% of the market share in 2022.
The vagaries of heritage or local culture have gained prominence in the United Kingdom, and few might even opt to incorporate that tradition into their wedding. Couples who desire to marry in cultural and heritage sites are likely to be key contributors to the country's growth.
Will India Lead the Demand for Destination Weddings?
Increasing Urbanization and Rising Leisure Spending Fueling Market Growth in India
Another country where the destination wedding industry is thriving is India. Northern Indian destinations, such as Rajasthan and Mussoorie, rely largely on wedding tourism to attract couples and families from all over the world.
Popular traditional wedding sites such as Jodhpur, Jaipur, and Udaipur, along with popular tourism destinations such as Mussoorie, the Andaman & Nicobar Islands, are on the cutting edge of international wedding possibilities.
It represents a fantastic potential for destination wedding industry operators in India. Companies focused on enticing outbound travellers to organise destination weddings in these regions.
Get the data you need at a Fraction of the cost
Personalize your report by choosing insights you need
and save 40%!
Which Wedding Type is Highly Popular in the Destination Wedding Industry?
Castle Wedding Segment to Remain Popular amongst Consumers Globally
The castle wedding segment is anticipated to propel at 13.6% CAGR during the projection period in the destination wedding market. Beach wedding is an emerging segment in the market and registered the high revenue share in the year 2022.
Several renowned players are entering the destination wedding industry as there is a need for change in the markets driving the market growth.
Which Service Type is Commonly Preferred by the Consumers?
Consumers Prefer Wedding Planning Segment in Service Type
In the service type segment, wedding planning is preferred by consumer’s segment. This is because it helps couples with everything from finding the perfect venue to coordinating transportation and accommodations. The segment had almost 34.0% of demand in the market in 2022.
The wedding planning segment accounts for full-service in weddings and manages all the events of a big day, from start to end, which makes it convenient for the couple.
Planners typically handle tasks ranging from creating floor plans and negotiating vendor contracts, to securing accommodations for guests. These are the some of the key factors propelling the growth of the destination wedding market.
How Does the Guest Capacity Influence Destination Weddings?
Destination Weddings are Generally Celebrated With Close Relatives & Friends
In the guest capacity, the below 100 segment is more preferred as guest capacity in the global market. Customers want intimate ceremonies and to celebrate with close relatives & friends, and that rarely exceeds 100 guests. Highly affluent couples desire upscale, grandiose nuptial events, often hosting upwards of 50+ guests. They prioritize opulence, exclusivity, privacy, and impeccable service.
These trends help the below 100 segment of guest capacity have more demand in the market. This segment had a market share of 65.3% in the year 2022.
Key companies are investing in collaboration and partnership activities to establish partnerships to attract more consumers and provide users with a wider range of options and expertise. They are also expanding their destination offerings to cater to a broad range of preference and budgets. They are also exploring new and exotic locations that were previously less popular for wedding. By tapping into niche market and providing more choices to couples.
- In March 2023, The Little Nell deployed the INTELITY platform, and also GEMS®, INTELITY's suite of staff-facing capabilities, via smart-room tablets, providing the property's tourists with a more digital, premium experience.
- In May 2023, Sandals Resorts International (SRI) celebrated the opening of its new destination, an all-new 260-room Sandals Dunn's River, with an event befitting of its legendary status in Jamaican tourist history.
Scope of Report
|Forecast Period||2023 to 2033|
|Historical Data Available for||2018 to 2022|
|Market Analysis||US$ Million/Billion for Value|
|Key Regions Covered||
|Key Countries Covered||
|Key Segments Covered||
|Key Companies Profiled||
|Report Coverage||Market Forecast, Company Share Analysis, Competition Intelligence, DROT Analysis, Market Dynamics and Challenges, and Strategic Growth Initiatives|
Global Destination Wedding Market by Category
By Wedding Type:
- Beach Wedding
- Mountain Wedding
- Vineyard Wedding
- Castle Wedding
- City Wedding
- Island Wedding
- Cultural Wedding
By Service Type:
- Wedding Planning
- Venue Selection
By Target Market:
- Small Wedding
- Luxurious Wedding
- Themed Wedding
- High Season
- Low Season
- Mid-Peak Season
By Organization of Stay:
- Non Package
By Guest Capacity:
- Above 100
- Below 100
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Destination Weddings market size in 2023?
The market in 2023 is valued at US$ 26,754.73 million.
What was the historical CAGR of the market?
A 12.9% CAGR was recorded from 2018 to 2022 for the market.
What are key trends in the Destination Weddings market?
Social media trends and economic growth are key trends in the market.
What segment leads the market by wedding type?
Castle weddings will lead the market until 2033.
Which countries dominate the Destination Wedding market?
Mexico, the United Kingdom and India are expected to dominate the market.
Table of Content
1. Executive Summary 1.1. Global Market Outlook 1.1.1. Who Is Travelling? 1.1.2. Travel Gross Bookings 1.1.3. Travel Gross Revenue 1.1.4. How Much Do They Spend? 1.2. Evolution Analysis 1.3. FMI Analysis and Recommendations 2. Growth Parameters in 2.1. Emphasis On Personalized Experiences 2.2. Convenience and Accessibility Authentic Local Fusion Food Experiences 2.3. Social Media Influence 2.4. Better Group Travel Incentives 3. Supply to Demand: Todays Travel Distribution Network 3.1. Direct v/s Indirect Distribution 3.2. Travel Gross Revenues, by Channel, 2022 3.2.1. Supplier Direct 3.2.2. TMC 3.2.3. Tour Operator 3.2.4. OTA 4. Wedding Type in 4.1. Total Supplier Market, Share by Segment (%), 2022 4.1.1. Beach Wedding 4.1.2. Mountain Wedding 4.1.3. Vineyard Wedding 4.1.4. Castel Wedding 4.1.5. City Wedding 4.1.6. Island Wedding 4.1.7. Cultural Wedding 5. Service Type in Destination Wedding 5.1. Wedding Planning 5.2. Venue Selection 5.3. Catering 5.4. Photography 5.5. Decor 5.6. Entertainment 5.7. Transportation 6. Target Market in Destination Wedding, 2022 6.1. By Season 6.1.1. High Season 6.1.2. Mid-Season 6.1.3. Low Season 6.1.4. Mid-Peak Season 6.2. By Organization of Stay 6.2.1. Package 6.2.2. Non Package 6.3. By Guest Capacity 6.3.1. Above 100 6.3.2. Below 100 7. Country Shift, Key Countries in Focus, 2022 7.1. US 7.1.1. By Wedding Type 7.1.2. By Service Type 7.1.3. By Target Market 7.1.4. By Season 7.1.5. By Organization of Stay 7.1.6. By Guest Capacity 7.2. Canada 7.2.1. By Wedding Type 7.2.2. By Service Type 7.2.3. By Target Market 7.2.4. By Season 7.2.5. By Organization of Stay 7.2.6. By Guest Capacity 7.3. Europe 7.3.1. By Wedding Type 7.3.2. By Service Type 7.3.3. By Target Market 7.3.4. By Season 7.3.5. By Organization of Stay 7.3.6. By Guest Capacity 7.4. Mexico 7.4.1. By Wedding Type 7.4.2. By Service Type 7.4.3. By Target Market 7.4.4. By Season 7.4.5. By Organization of Stay 7.4.6. By Guest Capacity 7.5. Germany 7.5.1. By Wedding Type 7.5.2. By Service Type 7.5.3. By Target Market 7.5.4. By Season 7.5.5. By Organization of Stay 7.5.6. By Guest Capacity 7.6. India 7.6.1. By Wedding Type 7.6.2. By Service Type 7.6.3. By Target Market 7.6.4. By Season 7.6.5. By Organization of Stay 7.6.6. By Guest Capacity 7.7. Rest of the World 7.7.1. By Wedding Type 7.7.2. By Service Type 7.7.3. By Target Market 7.7.4. By Season 7.7.5. By Organization of Stay 7.7.6. By Guest Capacity 8. Gross Revenue 8.1. Gross Revenue (US$ Million) and Forecast (2023 to 2033) 8.2. Target Market and Forecast (2023 to 2033) 8.3. Total Spending Y-o-Y Growth Projections (2023 to 2033) 8.4. Number of Tourists Y-o-Y Growth Projections 9. Challenges & Looking Forward 9.1. Success Stories: Case Studies 9.2. FMI Recommendations 10. Market Stakeholders Landscape – Key Direct Suppliers 10.1. Wedding Planning 10.1.1. Top Players 10.1.2. Market Concentration 10.1.3. Market Share 10.2. Venue Selection 10.2.1. Top Players 10.2.2. Market Concentration 10.2.3. Market Share 10.3. Catering 10.3.1. Top Players 10.3.2. Market Concentration 10.3.3. Market Share 10.4. Photography 10.4.1. Top Players 10.4.2. Market Concentration 10.4.3. Market Share 10.5. Decor 10.5.1. Top Players 10.5.2. Market Concentration 10.5.3. Market Share 10.6. Entertainment 10.6.1. Top Players 10.6.2. Market Concentration 10.6.3. Market Share 10.7. Transportation 10.7.1. Top Players 10.7.2. Market Concentration 10.7.3. Market Share 11. Social Media Sentimental Analysis 11.1. Travel Influencers: A new Phenomenon in the world of Tourism 11.2. Social Media Platforms Preferred 11.3. Trending #Hashtags 11.4. Social Media Platform Mentions (% of Total Mentions) 11.5. Trending Subject Titles 12. Assumptions and Acronyms Used 13. Research Methodology
Don't pay for what you don't need
Customize your report by selecting specific countries or regions and save 30%!
List of Tables
Table 01: Capital Investment in by Country (US$ Million) Table 02: Total Tourist Arrivals (Million), 2022 Table 03: Total Spending (US$ Million) and Forecast (2018 to 2033) Table 04: Number of Tourists (Million) and Forecast (2018 to 2033) Table 05: Spending per Traveller (US$ Million) and Forecast (2018 to 2033)
List of Charts
Figure 01: Total Spending (US$ Million) and Forecast (2023 to 2033) Figure 02: Total Spending Y-o-Y Growth Projections (2018 to 2033) Figure 03: Number of Tourists (Million) and Forecast (2023 to 2033) Figure 04: Number of Tourists Y-o-Y Growth Projections (2018 to 2033) Figure 05: Spending per Traveller (US$ Million) and Forecast (2023 to 2033) Figure 06: Spending per Traveller Y-o-Y Growth Projections (2018 to 2033) Figure 07: Current Market Analysis (% of demand), By Wedding Type, 2022 Figure 08: Current Market Analysis (% of demand), By Service Type, 2022 Figure 09: Current Market Analysis (% of demand), By Target Market, 2022 Figure 10: Current Market Analysis (% of demand), By Season, 2022 Figure 11: Current Market Analysis (% of demand), By Organization of Stay, 2022 Figure 12: Current Market Analysis (% of demand), By Guest Capacity, 2022