This Engineered Wood market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Engineered Wood market.
Engineered wood is also known as man-made wood or composite wood, and these are quite popular in recent times due to their cost effective and ecofriendly properties. These woods are formed of composite materials manufactured by binding the strands, fibers and particles all together with the help of suitable adhesives. These engineered woods can be made by utilizing wastes such as sawmill waste, rice straw, sugarcane bagasse, wheat straw and other wood wastes thus making them cost effective and environment friendly. Engineered wood is mainly used as a substitute to hardwood and concrete. In many construction building projects, the products of engineered wood are used as an alternative of steel in beams. One of the advantage offered by engineered wood products is that it can be designed as per the demand and custom specifications of the end user. The main users of engineered wood products are construction developers, architects, designers etc. Promotion of green life and regulations concerning deforestation has led the global engineered wood market to expand with a decent pace.
Engineered Wood Market: Dynamics
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Although the global engineered wood market has potential opportunities in the future still the manufacturers of engineered wood products face some challenges regarding durability and fire resistant properties of engineered wood products. There are certain adhesives like Urea-formaldehyde used in the manufacturing of engineered wood products which are quite toxic. Also some products such as particle boards may not be suitable for outdoor use as they are more prone to humidity.
The ongoing developments regarding advanced grading and better material selection techniques is expected to result in improved definition of timber quality and efficient performance of the products.
Engineered Wood Market: Segment
Global Engineered wood market can be segmented by product type and by application type
Engineered Wood Market: Regional Outlook
The ecofriendly features of the engineered wood products will force the global market to grow at a rapid pace during the forecast period. Increase in the construction of large buildings structures leads to the increased demand of cross laminated timber. North America have a significant usage of plywood and oriented strand boards resulting in the growth of engineered wood market. Similarly European countries have high usage of glued laminated timber and I-beams. Growing industrialization and urbanization in developing regions such as Latin America and Japan has witnessed a significant growth in the engineered wood market and is expected to continue during the forecast period. In the Regions of Asia Pacific, countries like India and China having high population, dominates in the residential segment of the market. Middle East and Africa has high production rate in raw materials hence the market is expected to move at a higher pace and is anticipated to have a significant growth at the global level.
Engineered Wood Market: Key Participants
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to categories such as market segments, geographies, type of product and applications.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
NOTE - All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Future Market Insights.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Engineered Wood Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
By product type the global engineered wood market can be segmented as
- Laminated veneer
- Oriented strand boards
- Cross laminated Timber
By application type the global engineered wood market can be segmented as
- Residential - for home construction
- Non-residential – for commercial construction and industrial use
Examples of some of the market participants identified across the value chain of the global Engineered Wood Market include:
- Celulosa Arauco Y Constitución S.A.
- Louisiana Pacific Corporation
- SCM Group
- Boise Cascade Company
- Roseburg Forest Product Company
- Huber Engineered Wood LLC
- Cefla Finishing Group
- Georgia Pacific Wood Products, LLC,
- Patrick industries, Inc.
- Weyerhaeuser Company
The report covers exhaust analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
The regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia-Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- The Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, S. Africa, Northern Africa)
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint.
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Engineered Wood Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Engineered Wood Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Engineered Wood Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Engineered Wood Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.