This Ethylene Carbonate market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Ethylene Carbonate market.
Ethylene carbonate is a cyclic organic compound obtained by reaction between ethylene oxide and carbon dioxide in presence of a catalyst. This carbonate ester of ethylene glycol and carbonic acid is a colorless, compound which finds a variety of applications across a diverse set of industries. It is characterized by relatively higher polarity, better solubility, higher boiling point as compared to that of some of the other conventionally used solvents, low toxicity, and is odorless. These characteristics render it an ideal solvent. Ethylene carbonate is used as an electrolytic solvent for lithium-ion batteries, as solvent for coatings, dyes, cross-linking agent for super-absorbent polymers, plastics production, as a plasticizer and as an intermediate in production of polycarbonate diols, among other applications. These application are further gaining traction in numerous number of end user industries such as automotive, oil & gas, medical and more.
In modern scenario numerous industries are questing their way towards alternate sources of energy. Lithium ion batteries are gaining traction in numerous number of industries such as Automotive, consumer electronics due to their positive attributes. These batteries are more efficient than conventional lead batteries, requires less amount of charging time and, lighter than lead acid batteries and many more. With these attributes the demand for lead acid kept on increasing day by day which in turn increases the demand for electrolytes with better efficacy.
Also consumer preference towards the synthetic lubricants drives the demand for ethylene carbonate. Synthetic lubricants are gaining adoption in industries like Oil & Gas, Automotive, industrial and many more. Its properties like better thermal resistance, high viscosity index, ensure better operating properties for wide range of temperature and many more gives the synthetic lubricants an edge over conventional lubricants.
There are some industry challenges associated with ethylene oxide which may dents its growth in near future such as scarcity of raw material and regulations imposed by the regional government. But unavailability of substitutes for ethylene carbonate may mold regulation authorities to make flexible regulations for the usage of ethylene carbonate in long term.
Reasons for Covering this Title
The market behavior for the ethylene carbonate is remain positive as it showed firm growth in 2017 in terms of value and the same trend is expected to be followed in the near future. The growth can be attributed by the increased consumption of ethylene carbonate in numerous end user industries. There is a need of energy density and high power coupled with increasing demand for electrical vehicles which further increases the consumption of lithium ion batteries across the globe. Also strict government instructions for fuel economy, attraction towards smart electronics, and recent development in Lithium ion batteries creates the opportunity for ethylene carbonate.
As automotive production is kept on rising the demand is generated for effective surface coating solutions which can provide low levels of Volatile organic compound emission and durability & resistance against chemicals, water and harsh weather conditions. These coating solutions are often synthesize through ethylene carbonate as a base material. Likewise, the resurgence of oil & gas upstream operation has been witnessed across the globe. In order to increase the field production and throughput the major players are using effective lubrication solutions in their upstream operations.
Opportunity-Growing Adoption of Novel Technologies in Lithium ion Batteries
As consumer behavior is shifting towards the usage of Electric vehicle. The demand for Lithium Ion batteries are sky rocketed in last few years which in turn the demand lithium ion electrolytes. But there are some factors such as overheating, big size, and inadequate charging structure may restrain the Lithium Ion batteries market. In order to address these industry challenges lithium ion manufacturers are intensifying their R&D infrastructure and adopting new technologies which further provides inevitable opportunities for ethylene carbonate manufacturers
Regional Market Outlook:
The ethylene carbonate market is segmented into the following regions -- North America, Latin America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, South East Asia-Pacific, China, Japan, India and the Middle East and Africa. With growing population and economic conditions China and India are one of the fastest growing region across the globe. Countries in South East Asia such as Taiwan, South Korea and ASEAN also showing firm growth as increase in number of coating manufacturers. Western Europe and Japan with increased number of Electric vehicle production enables growing consumption of ethylene carbonate. Rising consumer awareness for the usage of synthetic fibers drives the demand for Ethylene carbonate in North America Region.
Global Ethylene carbonate Market: Key Players
Examples of some of the key players operating in the global Cathodic Protection market Empower Materials, Mitsubishi Chemicals, BASF SE, Merck KgaA, Thermo Fisher Scientific, Asahi Kasei, Huntsman, Oriental Union Chemical Corporation ,Toagosei Co., Ltd., New Japan Chemical Co., Ltd, TCI Chemicals, Panax-Etec, Shandong Shida Shenghua Chemicals, Dongguan Kaixin Battery Materials ,Shandong Senjie Chemical, among others.
Key Development across the Industries
- In December 2017, Ube industries and Mitsubishi industries collaboratively set up two electrolyte production plant with an annual capacity of 15,000 tons in China. Mitsubishi Chemicals, In particular decided to expand its ethylene carbonate production capacity in Japan
Brief Approach to Research
FMI will follow a modelling-based approach and triangulation methodology to estimate data covered in this report. A detailed market understanding and assessment of the nature, product type and end uses of the product segments covered in the study is followed by carrying out a demand-side approach to estimate the sales of target product segments, which is then cross-referenced with a supply-side assessment of value generated over a pre-defined period. The statistics and data are collected at a regional level and consolidated and synthesized at a global level to estimate the overall market sizes.
Key Data Points Covered in the Report
Some of the key data points covered in our report include:
- An overview of the Cathodic Protection market, including background and evolution
- Macroeconomic factors affecting the Cathodic Protection market and its potential
- Market dynamics, such as drivers, challenges and trends
- Detailed value chain analysis of the Cathodic Protection market
- Cost structure of the products and segments covered in the global Cathodic Protection market
- In-depth pricing analysis, by key product segments, regions and by major Cathodic Protection market participants
- Analysis of supply and demand, such as top product producing and consuming geographies, product imports/exports, exchange of services and overall trade scenario in the global Cathodic Protection market
- Analysis of the global Cathodic Protection market structure, including a tier-wise categorization of key Cathodic Protection market participants
- Competitive landscape of the market, including detailed profiles of the top players in the Cathodic Protection market
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, application, and industry.
The report covers exhaust analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, S. Africa, Northern Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Ethylene Carbonate Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Global Ethylene Carbonate Protection: Market Segmentation
On the basis of Form the global ethylene carbonate market has been segmented as:
On the basis of application, the global Ethylene Carbonate market has been segmented as:
- Chemical Intermediate
- Lithium-ion batteries
On the basis of end use industry, the global ethylene carbonate market has been segmented as:
- Oil& Gas
- Personal Care
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Ethylene Carbonate Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Ethylene Carbonate Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Ethylene Carbonate Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Ethylene Carbonate Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.