This Gas Insulated Switchgears Gls market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Gas Insulated Switchgears Gls market.
Electricity is a green source of power, which has gained significant importance in the modern life. Most of the home appliances, industrial machineries, trains and many other systems rely on electrical supply. Certainly, electricity is a boon to the modern life, however, it can turn into a threat if not handled properly. In a distribution system, all possible measures have to be taken in order to ensure minimum power loss and maximum safety. For this, switchgears are used for switching and protecting devices such as switches, fuses, circuit breakers and relays. The main purpose of switchgears is to ensure safety of the distribution system by disconnecting in case of any short-circuit.
The switchgears are mainly of two types- oil filled and air/gas insulated. The oil filled switchgear systems are very rarely used as compared to the air or gas insulated switchgear. The gas insulated switchgears are generally composed of sulphur hexafluoride (SF6) gas filled circuit breakers. The gas insulated switchgears are highly effective as compared to other types of circuit breakers as it contain sulphur hexafluoride (SF6) gas, which is highly electronegative and has a strong tendency to absorb free electrons. The gas insulated switchgears are mostly used in high or ultra-high voltage transmission lines. In gas insulated medium voltage switchgear, vacuum technology is used for circuit breaking while sulphur hexafluoride (SF6) gas is used for insulation. As vacuum technology is limited to low voltage applications, for applications above 72.5 KV, only SF6 is used both for interruption medium and insulation in the GIS or gas insulated switchgear system. Unlike other circuit breakers, the gas insulated switchgear should be able to perform switching and circuit breaking very efficiently by cooling electric arc in fraction of a second.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
The switchgear has become the backbone of electric transmission lines spread across the country and in cross border distribution. Over the last decade, a significant surge in electric power consumption has been observed and is estimated to grow further owing to numerous electrification projects in several developing countries. Also, growing power consumption rate or per capita power consumption across the developed countries is also a major driver for the growth of global gas insulated switchgears market. Moreover, increasing adoption of electricity based gadgets, equipment, appliances, vehicles and others is projected to increase the power demand and dense electricity distribution network. Furthermore, several countries are engaged in cross border power transmission to their neighbouring countries, which involve a thousand miles of transmission lines and hundreds of distribution stations and sub-stations. Technological advancements in both power generation as well as distribution systems are estimated to be the main drivers of the gas insulated switchgears market.
Owing to the increasing demand for gas insulated switchgears, various key manufacturers are engaged in developing more advanced and sophisticated gas insulated switchgears. The manufacturers are striving to increase the reliability and efficiency of the gas insulated switchgears by employing automation and high quality materials.
Gas Insulated Switchgears (GIS) Market: Segmentation
The gas insulated switchgears are widely used at various locations throughout the transmission system. Also, they are used in separated power grids and electricity house for various manufacturing and oil and gas industries, refineries, etc. The global gas insulated switchgears market can be segmented on the basis of operating voltage range and on the basis of end-use industry. On the basis of operating voltage, global gas insulated switchgears market is segmented as medium voltage (< 220 kV), high voltage (220 kV – 550 kV) and ultra-high voltage (> 550 kV). While on the basis of end-users, the market is segmented into, power generation grids, distribution substations, railway & urban transportation, industrial grids and others.
Gas Insulated Switchgears (GIS) Market: Region-Wise Outlook
Asia Pacific holds significant position in the global gas insulated switchgears market and is expected to remain dominant over the next decade. North America and Western Europe are the other major segments, which are estimated to create substantial demand through respective power upgradation projects. In APAC, China is estimated to be a noteworthy country that holds significant share in the market. Also, other developing countries of Asia and Africa are estimated to grow at high rates due to the rising electrification in the countries.
Gas Insulated Switchgears (GIS) Market: Market Participants
The Gas Insulated Switchgears (GIS) market is dominated by major electrical technology giants catering their advanced technology products in the global market. Examples of some of the players in the market are ABB Group, Siemens AG, Hyosung Corporation, CG Power and Industrial Solutions Limited (Avantha Group), Fuji Electric Co. Ltd., Hitachi Ltd., Tenaga Switchgear Sdn. Bhd., Mitsubishi Electric Corporation, Schneider Electric Se and Toshiba Corporation, among others.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, application, and industry.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies
NOTE - All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Future Market Insights.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Gas Insulated Switchgears Gls Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil and Rest of Latin America)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg and Rest of Western Europe)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia and Rest of Eastern Europe)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, S. Africa, and Rest of MEA)
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint.
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Gas Insulated Switchgears Gls Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Gas Insulated Switchgears Gls Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Gas Insulated Switchgears Gls Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Gas Insulated Switchgears Gls Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.