This Glycerol Esters market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Glycerol Esters market.
The chemical compounds derived from an acid, which contains at least an alkyl group (–O) replacing the hydroxyl group (–OH) are known as esters. Glycerol esters are one of the prominent classes of lipids. Glycerol esters, also known as glycerides, or acylglycerols have three hydroxyl groups. These functional hydroxyl groups can be esterified with either one, two, or three fatty acid groups in order to form monoglycerides, diglycerides, and triglycerides respectively. Glycerol esters of fatty acids are esters of fatty acids and glycerol and their derivatives. These are, usually, colourless to brown powders, waxy solids or liquids and are composed of fatty acid chains which offer a lipophilic part and ester functional group which yields a hydrophilic end. Some of the glycerol esters of fatty acids include glycerol acetic acid fatty acid ester, glycerol lactic acid fatty acid ester and glycerol succinic acid fatty acid ester, among the others.
Triglycerides are mostly present in animal fats and vegetable oils that can be broken down by lipases into its mono and diglycerides form. Reaction between the glycerides and sodium hydroxide results in the formation of soaps which contain fatty acids that emulsify the oils in dirt in turn enable the removal of dirt. Glycerol esters commonly find application as surfactants which act as emulsifiers, especially in personal care and cosmetics industry.
Glycerol Esters Market:Dynamics
Esters are added as substitutes for petroleum products in cosmetics products. Growing demand for glycerol esters as effective alternatives to conventional petroleum based products from cosmetics & personal care industry is expected to be one of the key factors that fuelling the growth of global glycerol esters market. Furthermore, increasing demand for glycerol esters from lubricant industry which in turn is related to growing automotive industry is expected to set positive outlook for the global glycerol esters market over the forecast period. With the growing consumption of glycerol esters in antifogging agents as well as textile chemicals are the other factors driving the growth of global glycerol esters market. However, relatively more complex production process coupled with corresponding relatively higher production cost is expected to be one of the major restraining factors for the growth of global glycerol esters market over the forecast period.
Glycerol Esters Market:Segmentation
Global glycerol esters market can be segmented based on end-use industry and region. On the basis of end-use industry, global glycerol esters market can be segmented as cosmetic & personal care, lubricant & greases, metal working, plastics & polymers, textile, and other miscellaneous industries. On the basis of region, global glycerol esters market can be segmented as North America, Latin America, Middle East & Africa, Asia Pacific, Western Europe, and Eastern Europe.
Glycerol Esters Market:Region-wise Outlook
Asia pacific is expected to be the dominant market due to large population opting for the cosmetic and personnel care products and anticipated to show a significant growth over the forecast period. North America and Western Europe are considered to be the developed markets. Together, these two regions account for a major share in global glycerol esters market. However, growth in consumption of glycerol esters in these regions is expected to be relatively slower vis-à-vis Asia Pacific. Also, Middle East & Africa and Latin America, accounting for a relatively smaller share in overall global glycerol esters market, are expected to register steady growth in glycerol esters consumption over the forecast period.
Glycerol Esters Market:Market Participants
Global glycerol esters market is highly fragmented with a large number of small scale participants in developing countries. Examples of some of the market participants in the global glycerol esters market include Oleon NV, Stepan Company, BASF SE, Croda International Plc., ABITEC, A&A Fratelli Parodi Spa, and Zhejiang Wumei Chemical Product Co., Ltd., among the others
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, application, and end-use industry.
The report covers exhaust analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, S. Africa, Northern Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Glycerol Esters Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Glycerol Esters Market
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Glycerol Esters Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Glycerol Esters Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Glycerol Esters Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Glycerol Esters Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.