This Influenza Antiviral market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Influenza Antiviral market.
Influenza is a viral disease having the same symptoms as most of the flus, such as fever, chills, cough, pain, sore throat, etc. Influenza antiviral drugs make the most effective and safe treatment option for this flu and are available in the form of pills, inhalers, oral suspension and injectable. These drugs are sold only with a prescription and are not available over the counter. Influenza antiviral drugs make flu symptoms milder and reduce the duration of illness. However, they do not eliminate the risk of complications, which include bacterial infections, pneumonia, organ system abnormalities, etc. Oseltamivir, Zanamivir and Peramivir are the most preferred drugs, which are effective against both influenza A and B viruses. These commercially approved influenza antiviral drugs also have several side effects, such as nausea, vomiting, diarrhoea and certain behavioural changes. The drugs are available to be used for children, adults as well as old people.
Influenza outbreaks usually happen every year and may reach epidemic levels during some seasons. Influenza antiviral drugs create a huge healthcare burden globally each year. According to CDC, there have been between 9.2 million and 35.6 million cases, between 140,000 and 710,000 hospitalization cases and between 12,000 and 56,000 deaths annually, since 2010, in the U.S.
Influenza Antiviral Market: Drivers & Restraints
Ongoing R&D, increasing demand for government stockpiling and strong R&D focus will fuel the growth of the influenza antiviral drugs market. Launching of generic versions of branded products will also promote the growth of the influenza antiviral market. For instance, the generic version of Tamiflu antiviral drug was released in 2016 and has affected the Influenza Antiviral Market positively. Adoption of influenza vaccination is also a restraint to the growth of the influenza antiviral market. Unmet medical needs in certain global regions will also limit the market growth of the influenza antiviral market.
Influenza Antiviral Market: Overview
Mergers and collaborations among the market players for R&D, product manufacturing and marketing will play an important role in the growth of the Influenza Antiviral Market. Influenza is a seasonal outbreak and thus, the market for its drugs is also expected to grow during the outbreaks. Currently marketed influenza antiviral medications are approximately 70% to 90% effective in preventing influenza. Several studies for the available drugs have also proved their efficacy in children as well as adults. According to CDC, there are currently no major market shortages of influenza antiviral medications. Resistance associated with the currently marketed drugs might generate the need for the development of novel medications. Also, there exists variations in the working of antiviral drugs, depending on the influenza strain of influenza. Several new findings are still going on to develop safe and effective influenza antiviral drugs. New drugs are anticipated to get approved and marketed in the next few years, which will provide physicians with more options for the treatment and prevention of the disease.
Influenza Antiviral Market: Region-wise Outlook
Geographically, North America holds the largest share in the influenza antiviral market owing to the high prevalence of influenza in the region and the favorable reimbursement scenario in the region. North America is followed by the Western Europe market due to easy access to healthcare facilities and governmental support for the control on the spread of contagious diseases. The Asia-Pacific market is also anticipated to expand at a significant growth rate over the forecast period due to the improving healthcare facilities and increasing accessibility to disease diagnosis. China and India are the countries with highest growth rate in the region. Latin America followed by MEA represents the lowest market share due to inaccessibility to healthcare facilities in the region. However, various kinds of governmental and non-governmental support is available in the region, which will drive the growth of the market.
Influenza Antiviral Market: Key Players
Some of the market participants identified across the value chain of the Influenza Antiviral market are F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd., Cipla Limited, NATCO Pharma Limited, Seqirus USA Inc., GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd, Endo Pharmaceuticals, Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., Adamas Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., Novartis AG and others.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, application, and industry.
The report covers exhaust analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, S. Africa, Northern Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Influenza Antiviral Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Influenza Antiviral Market: Segmentation
The Influenza Antiviral Market can be segmented on the basis of drug type, dosage form and distribution channel.
Segmentation of Influenza Antiviral Marketby Drug Type
Segmentation of Influenza Antiviral Marketby Dosage Form
Segmentation of Influenza Antiviral Marketby Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Drug Stores
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Influenza Antiviral Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Influenza Antiviral Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Influenza Antiviral Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Influenza Antiviral Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)