This Dysmenorrhea Treatment market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Dysmenorrhea Treatment market.
Dysmenorrhea is a medical terminology used for menstrual pains in which the female encounters severe cramps in her lower abdomen which may extend to the lower legs and back. Most women begin having dysmenorrhea during adolescence, usually within four to five years of first menstrual period. Prostaglandins are chemicals that are formed in the lining of the uterus during menstruation. These prostaglandins cause muscle contractions in the uterus, which cause pain and decrease blood flow and oxygen to the uterus. A wide variety of underlying condition can contribute to menstrual disorders. To pinpoint the cause, physician generally rely on the patient’s medical history, physical examination, and laboratory test. This determines the exact cause of menstrual disorder and helps the physician to plan appropriate treatment. This has grabbed the attention of dysmenorrhea drug manufacturers to develop and commercialize more effective medicines to treat dysmenorrhea.
Dysmenorrhea Treatment Market: Drivers and Restraints
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Dysmenorrhea Treatment Market: Segmentation
The global dysmenorrhea treatment market is segmented based type of disease, and therapeutic class.
Dysmenorrhea Treatment Market: Overview
By non-hormonal medical treatment, NSAID’s such as Ibuprofen and Naproxen, are most commonly used drugs for the treatment of dysmenorrhea and hold prominent share owing to its lower cost and easy availability. COX-2 inhibitors have also proven effective in relieving pain, and would gain prominence in developed countries. Physicians also prescribe hormonal medicine treatment such as contraceptive pills to regularize the menstrual bleeding will gain good market share in emerging countries.
Dysmenorrhea Treatment Market: Region-wise Outlook
Geographically, the North America accounts for the largest market share followed by Europe, in terms revenues and research activities. In addition. APEI market is also expected to grow significantly in the coming years owing to support of government and non-profit organizations in awareness campaigns, growing number of patients suffering with dysmenorrhea, and high disposable income.
Dysmenorrhea Treatment Market: Key Players
Key companies operational in dysmenorrhea treatment market are Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation, Merck, Inc., Bayer Schering Pharma AG, Vanita Therapeutics, Alvogen, Pfizer, Inc., Roche Laboratories, Taj Pharmaceuticals, Ltd., Sanofi, Terramedic, Inc., and others.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
NOTE - All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Future Market Insights.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Dysmenorrhea Treatment Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Based type of diseases, the global dysmenorrhea market is segmented into the following:
- Primary dysmenorrhea
- Secondary dysmenorrhea
- Uterine myomas
- Endometrial polyps
- Cervical stenosis
- Obstructive malformations of genital tract
Based on therapeutic class, the global dysmenorrhea treatment market is segmented into the following:
- Non-hormonal medical treatment
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs)
- Non-selective NSAIDs
- COX-2 inhibitors
- Transdermal glyceryl trinitrate
- Over-the-counter (OTC) medications
- Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs)
- Hormonal medicine treatment
- Combined oral contraceptive
- Progestin regimens
- Levonorgestrel intrauterine system (LN-IUS)
- Surgical options
- Presacral neurectomy
- Laparoscopic uterosacral nerve ablation (LUNA)
- Intrauterine device (IUD)
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, U.K, Spain, France, Nordic countries, BENELUX)
- Eastern Europe (Russia, Poland, Rest Of Eastern Europe)
- Asia Pacific Excluding Japan (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, S. Africa, N. Africa, Rest Of MEA)
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Dysmenorrhea Treatment Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Dysmenorrhea Treatment Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Dysmenorrhea Treatment Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Dysmenorrhea Treatment Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)