This Anthrax Treatment market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Anthrax Treatment market.
Anthrax is a harmful disease that affects humans as well as animals such as sheep, goats, horses and cattle. It is a life-threatening infection caused by a bacteria called Bacillus anthracis. Bacillus anthracis is a gram-positive and rod-shaped bacterium generally transmitted from animals. Anthrax spreads through three main routes: digestive route, aerial route and contact through skin. Over the past few years, anthrax has gained great popularity due to its use in bioterrorism. The spores of anthrax have been used for mass infection and in biological warfare. Anthrax is not a communicable disease and anthrax skin infection is the most common amongst all infections. It develops an ulcer with a black center called as eschar. Ingestion of anthrax can cause seriously fatal diseases. The most lethal type is inhalation anthrax. Inhalation anthrax progresses rapidly with high fever, rapid breathing, and shortness of breath, blood vomits, sweating, and chest pains that lead to heart attacks. Common symptoms of anthrax in human beings for respiratory infection include pneumonia and severe respiratory collapse. Diagnosis of anthrax infection is mostly done through a CT scan and an X-ray of lungs, a blood test for anthrax antigens and a biopsy skin test. Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay (ELISA) and Chemiluminescence based kits are available for the diagnosis of anthrax.
According to CDC, anthrax is classified as a Category A agent with serious bioterrorism potential. BioThrax (manufactured by Emergent BioSolutions, Inc.) is the only FDA-approved vaccine provided as a pre-exposure protection from anthrax infections.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Anthrax Treatment Market: Drivers and Restraints
The need for more appropriate methods for anthrax treatment is high, which is expected to be the prime factor driving the growth of the global anthrax treatment market. Increasing healthcare investments in emerging economies, growing awareness about the availability of treatments and rise in research funding are anticipated to drive the growth of the global anthrax treatment market. Increasing public-private partnerships in order to facilitate novel developments for the innovative and effective treatment of anthrax are some other factors expected to further drive revenue generation in the anthrax treatment market. However, the high cost associated with diagnostic treatment is restraining the growth of the global anthrax treatment market.
Anthrax Treatment Market: Overview
Anthrax infects people when spores get into the body. The disease is treatable in the early stages of the infection. The skin infection can be treated with common antibiotics such as erythromycin, ciprofloxacin, penicillin and tetracycline. Based on anthrax type, the global anthrax treatment market can be segmented into cutaneous anthrax, inhalation anthrax, gastrointestinal anthrax and injection anthrax. Amongst all, inhalation anthrax is considered to be the most lethal type of anthrax.
According to CDC, anthrax is generally found in agricultural regions of Sub-Saharan Africa, Central and South America, Southern and Eastern Europe, Central and Southwestern Asia and the Caribbean. Anthrax is rare in the U.S. and very common in developing countries.
Anthrax Treatment Market: Regional Outlook
Geographically, the global anthrax treatment market can be classified into eight regions viz. North America, Latin America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Asia-Pacific excluding China and Japan, China, Japan, Middle East and Africa. Europe is expected to dominate the global anthrax treatment market due to prevalence of anthrax in this region. North America is expected to be the second largest market for anthrax treatment. The Asia Pacific market is slated to experience delayed growth due to a lack of awareness towards anthrax treatment and diagnosis and low disposable income. The treatment for gastrointestinal and inhalational anthrax is expensive. Moreover, the market for anthrax treatment is focused on countries that face a threat of terrorist attacks.
Anthrax Treatment Market: Key Players
Some of the players identified in the global anthrax treatment market include Glaxo SmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd., Elusys Therapeutics, Inc., Emergent BioSolutions, Inc., PharmAthene, Inc.,Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., Novartis AG, Bayer AG and others.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, U.K., Spain, France, Nordic countries, BENELUX)
- Eastern Europe (Russia, Poland, Rest Of Eastern Europe)
- Asia Pacific Excluding Japan and China (India, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, South Africa, Rest Of MEA)
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Anthrax Treatment Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Anthrax Treatment Market: Segmentation
Tentatively, the global anthrax treatment market can be segmented on the basis of anthrax type, drug class, distribution channel and geography.
On the basis of anthrax type, the global anthrax treatment market can be segmented as:
- Cutaneous Anthrax
- Inhalation Anthrax
- Gastrointestinal Anthrax
- Injection Anthrax
On the basis of drug class, the global anthrax treatment market can be segmented as:
On the basis of distribution channel, the global anthrax treatment market can be segmented as:
- Hospitals Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Drug Stores
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Anthrax Treatment Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Anthrax Treatment Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Anthrax Treatment Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Anthrax Treatment Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)