This Intra Abdominal Infection Treatment market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Intra Abdominal Infection Treatment market.
Intra-abdominal infection are group of infections occurring within the abdominal cavity and vary from appendicitis, peritonitis, diverticulitis, cholecystitis, cholangitis, to pancreatitis characterized by high risk of complication resulting in high mortality despite treatment. According to the Infectious Diseases Society of America (IDSA), Intra-abdominal infection generally extends beyond the organ of origin into the abdominal cavity and is associated with an abscess. Intra-abdominal infections are associated with symptoms such as epigastric pain radiating to the back, vomiting, posterior penetrating ulcer, nausea, decreased appetite and others.
Intra-Abdominal Infection Treatment Market: Drivers and Restraints
The high prevalence of intra-abdominal infection coupled with the high mortality rates generate a large inelastic demand for the intra-abdominal infection treatment market. Appendicitis is the most common cause of Intra-abdominal infection resulting in more than 300,000 cases each year and over 1 million hospital days. In 2016 about 12.3 million cases of appendicitis were recorded in the U.S. resulting in more than 340,000 surgeries and about 54,870 deaths. Globally about 7.5% of people have appendicitis at some point in their life. Mortality rates associated with intra-abdominal infections vary from 3.5% with early infection to more than 60% with well-established infection with multiple organ failure. The high mortality rate of intra-abdominal infections is exemplified by peritonitis which have a mortality rate of about 10% when treated properly. Growing geriatric population is another driver of the intra-abdominal infection treatment market as risk of developing intra-abdominal infection and mortality increases with age. The mortality rate for intra-abdominal infection rises to about 40 % in the elderly.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
The increasing exposure to bacteria such as staphylococci, Pseudomonas, Candida and Enterococci owing to rising pollution, urbanization is another driver of the intra-abdominal infection treatment market. Rowing resistance to antimicrobials such as penicillin and related beta-lactam antibiotics is another driver of the intra-abdominal infection treatment market value as this necessitates use of expensive antibiotics such as piperacillin, imipenem, ticarcillin, or ciprofloxacin. Diverticulosis affects more than 10% to 25% of the elderly and is the second leading cause of infection-related mortality in the intensive care units. The growing menace of hospital and surgical acquired infections is a strong driver of the intra-abdominal infection treatment market. Almost 157,500 cases of surgical acquired infections were recorded in the United States per year resulting in approximately 8,205 deaths according to the center for disease control and prevention. Surgical acquired infections account for 11% of all deaths in intensive care units in the U.S. and account for a whopping $3.2 billion in attributable cost per year according to the center for disease control and prevention 2018 surgical acquired infections updates.
However, the increasing fragmentation of the market owing to penetration of generics is exerting a pricing pressure on the intra-abdominal infection treatment market. The excessive production capacity of antimicrobials is another cause expected to hamper the intra-abdominal infection treatment market.
Intra-Abdominal Infection Treatment Market: Overview
The global market for intra-abdominal infection treatment is expected to expand owing to growing incidence and the owing to growing stringency of regulations. For example, the Hospital Readmissions Reduction Program (HRRP) established under the Affordable Care Act, penalize hospitals with higher-than-expected readmissions. Under the HRRP, hospitals can incur a penalty of up to 3% of their Medicare payments. The intra-abdominal infection treatment market trends include a definite shift in favor of developing regions of Asia Pacific, such as India and China.
Intra-Abdominal Infection Treatment Market: Regional Wise Outlook
The global intra-abdominal infection treatment market can be classified into the following region: North America, Latin America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Asia-Pacific, Japan, Middle East and Africa. North America, led by the U.S., is expected to account for the largest share in the global intra-abdominal infection treatment market, owing to the large demand, large healthcare expenditure, and large per capita income in the region.
The Asia Pacific intra-abdominal infection treatment market excluding Japan is projected to expand and dominate the scene in the near future, owing to the growing healthcare and healthcare expenditure. China and India are anticipated to account for the major share of the Asia Pacific intra-abdominal infection treatment market growth. Germany, France and the U.K., are projected to be the largest drivers of the Europe intra-abdominal infection treatment market. The Middle East and Africa intra-abdominal infection treatment market is anticipated to be dominated by the gulf economies of Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, UAE and Qatar.
Intra-Abdominal Infection Treatment Market: Market Participants
Some of the major vendors operating in the global intra-abdominal infection treatment market are Mylan Pharmaceuticals Inc., Sun Pharmaceutical Industries, Inc., Teva Pharmaceuticals USA, Inc., Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories, Merck & Co., Roche Holding AG, GlaxoSmithKline plc, Pfizer Inc., Johnson & Johnson., Sanofi SA., Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH, Eli Lilly and Company and others.
The global intra-abdominal infection treatment report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
The intra-abdominal infection treatment report covers exhaustive analysis on,
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes,
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, U.K., Spain, France, Nordic countries, BENELUX)
- Eastern Europe (Russia, Poland, Rest of Eastern Europe)
- Asia Pacific Excluding Japan (China, India, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, S. Africa, Rest Of MEA)
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Intra Abdominal Infection Treatment Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Intra-Abdominal Infection Treatment Market: Segmentation
To gain a bird’s eye view of the global intra-abdominal infection treatment market, the report is segmented on the basis of drugs, pathogens, infection type, distribution channel, end users and region.
Based on the drugs, the global intra-abdominal infection treatment market can be segmented as,
Based on the pathogens, the global intra-abdominal infection treatment market can be segmented as,
Based on the infection type, the global intra-abdominal infection treatment market can be segmented as,
- Healthcare associated
Based on the distribution channel, the global intra-abdominal infection treatment market can be segmented as,
- Institutional Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
Based on the end users, the global intra-abdominal infection treatment market can be segmented as,
- Home Settings
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Intra Abdominal Infection Treatment Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Intra Abdominal Infection Treatment Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Intra Abdominal Infection Treatment Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Intra Abdominal Infection Treatment Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)