Locomotive Lighting Batteries Market: Introduction
A train locomotive has several batteries used for different purposes. The locomotive lighting batteries provide power which is required to start the engine and to operate the electronics in the locomotive.
When the engine is switched off and the alternator is not running the electrical power for the lights comes from a locomotive lighting batteries just like any other automobile.
In the quest to save energy and conserve fuels efforts are being made to develop completely battery powered locomotives, leading to the development of advanced locomotive lighting batteries and an upgraded battery management system.
The safety of railway network also depends on the effective operation of locomotive lighting batteries. Hence batteries play vital role in the locomotive lighting as well as running.
Lead acid batteries generally used in electric locomotives are used for the working of control circuit, indication lamps protective relays etc. along with the operation of baby compressor. Heavy duty industrial batteries are used in diesel railway locomotives for starting and operation of a variety of on-board equipment.
The batteries used in locomotive operate under severe environmental conditions such as vibrations, humid atmospheres, high and low temperatures etc. Periodical maintenance is mandatory to ensure reliable operations for longer times.
Locomotive Lighting Batteries Market: Dynamics
Railways form an integral part of the transportation system and are seen as part of the critical infrastructure in many countries. The rail industry faces challenge to maintain high performance under pressure with the growth in freight and passenger traffic.
With the rise in demand for energy efficient transport system, the locomotive lighting batteries market is anticipated to witness substantial growth in the coming years.
In emerging economies, high expenditure on rail infrastructure such as high speed metro network is subsequently adding to the locomotive lighting batteries market.The emergence of engineless trains is anticipated to adversely impact the locomotive lighting batteries market.
For example, Indian railways launched a self-propulsion type module sans locomotive capable of running at a very high speed.The trend of greener transportation forms globally, is making space for battery powered locomotives.
Hence manufacturers are building batteries which are robust and designed to meet the demanding performance requirement of the railways.
Locomotive Lighting Batteries Market: Regional Outlook
China, India and South Korea are the prominent countries in the implementation of high speed railway network in Asia Pacific, making it one of the most significant region for locomotive lighting batteries market growth.
Emerging economies and ongoing investments in railway infrastructure in Middle East and Africa is setting the way for locomotive lighting batteries market. North America is expected to witness growth in the locomotive lighting batteries market owing to growth in new high speed trains and metro.
Whereas Latin America is expected to show uptick growth in the market. Japan being one of the major countries in high speed rail network is projected to create opportunities for the locomotive lighting batteries market.
Western Europe is expected to have fair share in the locomotive lighting batteries market growth.
Locomotive Lighting Batteries Market: Key Participant
Some of the market participants in the global locomotive lighting batteries market, identified across the value chain include:
- EXIDE INDUSTRIES LTD
- Hunan YUTONG mining equipment Co. Ltd
- Microtex Energy Private Limited
- Storage Battery Systems, LLC
- Amara Raja Batteries Ltd.
- Toshiba Corporation
- Hitachi Chemical Co., Ltd.
- HOPPECKE Batterien GmbH & Co. KG
- Saft Groupe S.A.
The research report on the Locomotive Lighting Batteries market presents a comprehensive assessment, and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data.
The Locomotive Lighting Batteries market report also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geography, aircraft type, and sales channel.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Locomotive Lighting Batteries Market Segments
- Locomotive Lighting Batteries Market Dynamics
- Locomotive Lighting Batteries Market Size
- New Sales of Locomotive Lighting Batteries
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges in the Locomotive Lighting Batteries Market
- Competition & Companies Involved in Locomotive Lighting Batteries
- New Technology for Locomotive Lighting Batteries
- Value Chain of the Locomotive Lighting Batteries Market
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, S. Africa, Northern Africa)
The global Locomotive Lighting Batteries market report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, and inputs from industry experts across the value chain.
The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators, and governing factors, along with market attractiveness as per segment.
The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the Locomotive Lighting Batteries market
- In-depth Locomotive Lighting Batteries market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected Locomotive Lighting Batteries market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments in the global Locomotive Lighting Batteries market
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered in the global Locomotive Lighting Batteries market
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on Locomotive Lighting Batteries market performance
- Must-have information for market players in Locomotive Lighting Batteries market to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Locomotive Lighting Batteries Market: Segmentation
The global locomotive lighting batteries market can be segmented on the basis of locomotive type, battery type and sales channel.
Basis of Locomotive Type:
- Diesel Locomotive
- Electric Locomotive
- DMU (Diesel Multiple Unit)
- EMU (Electric Multiple Unit)
- Hybrid Locomotive
- Battery Operated Locomotive
Basis of Battery Type:
- Lead-acid Battery
- Lithium ion
- Nickel Cadmium
Basis of Sales Channel:
- First Fit
Market Research Methodology - Perfected through Years of Diligence
A key factor for our unrivaled market research accuracy is our expert- and data-driven research methodologies. We combine an eclectic mix of experience, analytics, machine learning, and data science to develop research methodologies that result in a multi-dimensional, yet realistic analysis of a market.