This Mining Locomotive market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Mining Locomotive market.
Mining Locomotive Market: Market Outlook
Mining locomotives are used to transfer the materials and personnel in and out of mines. Materials transported typically include coal, ore and over-burden (also called variously slack, spoils waste, culm, tilings to name a few).
In early 1930s, locomotives were introduced for under-ground operation in coal mines. Following nationalization of the coal industry in 1947 the use of locomotives spread rapidly, doubling in the first year and after ten years the numbers in use had increased drastically. In the initial years, locomotives were be used on existing transport roadways. After nationalisation, reconstruction and construction often involved the newly approved horizon mining principle gradients in favour of the load. Since then the use of locomotives has been gradually extended to other parts of the mining.
Mining Locomotive Market: Driver
New discovery of the underground mines is one of the key factors which are driving the growth of the mining locomotive market in developing countries. Furthermore, rise in demand for natural resources (such as coal, metals) will likely to spur the demand of the underground mines that in turn increase the demand for mining locomotive market. Also, high loading capacity of these locomotive would drive the demand for mining locomotive market
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Mining Locomotive Market: Restraint
However, stringent emission norms related with increase in pollutions would restraint the demand for diesel mining locomotive market. For instance, the U.S. MSHA (Mine Safety and Health Administration) broadcast rules setting compliance standards for both underground metal / nonmetal and coal workers. As industry works to achieve compliance with these standards, mine operators are looking for feasible methods for reducing DPM (Diesel Particulate Matter) concentrations in their mines.
Moreover, nowadays vehicle based mining equipment are able to perform more efficiently and could go beyond to the difficult areas where earlier it was not possible for them to reach. As these equipment are able to crush and simultaneously processed the material inside the site therefore, it will in near future will substitute the demand for mining locomotive market.
Mining Locomotive Market: Trend
Now a days, unmanned electric locomotives is a trending opportunity for the manufacturers. As safety has become a major issues related with underground mining workers. Most of the underground mining sites are adopting this technology to sustain their market share for mining locomotive market. For instance (in February 2017), China ENFI signed a contract with NFCA Mining for the Chambishi Main & West Ore Body 500m Unmanned Electric Locomotive Transportation Project in Zambia. These locomotives are applicable to all underground mines, especially those with such special conditions as flooding, high rock-burst and high altitude. Moreover, unmanned locomotive transportation electronic control system is applicable to such complex working conditions as multi-column marshalling, single or dual-locomotive traction and bends & turnout.
Mining Locomotive Market: Regional Outlook
In terms of commodity, large tonnage hard rock mines (mainly gold, nickel, copper) and mines of coal dominate the use of underground rail in mining; with Central and South America, Canada, China and South Africa probably the major regions applying rail solutions. The Europe region will also register rapid growth due to the discoveries of new deposits & minerals in the region. Also, MEA is also projected to witness a steady growth rate over the forecast period.
Mining Locomotive Market: Market Participants
Examples of some of the market participants/vendors identified in the Mining Locomotive Market across the globe are: Irwin Car and Equipment, CSR Corporation (China), Alstom SA (France), Siemens AG (Germany), Xiangtan Electric Locomotive Factory, Baoji China Railway Construction Machinery, Brookville, Trident, Mining Equipment Ltd. (MEL), AEG Power Solutions (Germany), Hitachi Ltd. (Japan), Bombardier Transportation (Canada), Jining Enwei Intelligent Technology Co. Ltd.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, application, and industry.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments of Mining Locomotive
- Market Dynamics of Mining Locomotive
- Market Size of Mining Locomotive
- Supply & Demand of Mining Locomotive
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges of Mining Locomotive
- Competition & Companies involved of Mining Locomotive
- Technology of Mining Locomotive
- Value Chain of Mining Locomotive
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, S. Africa, Northern Africa)
The Mining Locomotive report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The Mining Locomotive provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The Mining Locomotive also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Mining Locomotive Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Mining Locomotive Market: Segmentation
On the basis of application, the Mining Locomotive Market can be segmented into:
- Underground Mining
- Open-Cast Mining
On the basis of gauge type, the Mining Locomotive Market can be segmented into:
- Narrow Gauge
- Standard Gauge
On the basis of locomotive type, the Mining Locomotive Market can be segmented into:
- Steam Mining Locomotive
- Electric Mining Locomotive
- Diesel Mining Locomotive
On the basis of material, the Mining Locomotive Market can be segmented into:
On the basis of capacity, the Mining Locomotive Market can be segmented into:
- Less than 20 tons
- 20 tons to 40 tons
- More than 40 tons
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Mining Locomotive Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Mining Locomotive Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Mining Locomotive Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Mining Locomotive Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.