This Lycopene market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Lycopene market.
Lycopene Market Outlook
Lycopene is a red colored carotenoid pigment which is present in high amounts in tomatoes and other red fruits. Lycopene is a potent antioxidant, and thus, has application in various industries such as food, beverage, dietary supplement, functional foods, animal nutrition, cosmetics, and pharmaceutical. Lycopene is non-toxic and has a strong colour, and is therefore used as a food colouring agent. As the demand for organic products is increasing, the manufacturers in various industries are trying to develop organic products that are aligned with the consumer requirements. Thus, some manufacturers have developed organic lycopene which can be further utilized by the other industries in the formation of organic products.
Rising Consumer Inclination towards the Use of Natural Products Creates a Positive Impact on Lycopene Market
The rise in the prevalence of prostate cancer is anticipated to serve as one of the major drivers for the increase in the demand for lycopene. According to the data provided by the World Cancer Research Fund International, the second most common cancer in men all across the world is prostate cancer. In 2018, 1.3 million new prostate cancer cases were recorded. Some studies have shown that lycopene has anticancer properties. Lycopene can induce apoptosis and can inhibit the proliferation of cancer cells. Thus, the anticancer property of the lycopene helps in the prevention and treatment of prostate cancer. Therefore, the increasing frequency of prostate cancer is estimated to drive the lycopene market. Lycopene also supports cardiovascular health. The increase in the occurrence of cardiovascular diseases is anticipated to increase the demand for ingredients that support heart health. Therefore, the use of lycopene is anticipated to increase in the pharmaceutical and dietary supplement industry to prevent and cure heart diseases and prostate cancer.
The increasing demand for natural cosmetic products is expected to increase the sales of lycopene. In recent years, the consumer inclination towards the use of natural personal care products is rising due to an increase in the awareness about the side-effects of the chemicals used in cosmetics. Thus, lycopene serves as an excellent natural ingredient in the development of natural cosmetic products. Lycopene has antioxidant properties that protect the skin from damage, it aids in better skin moisturization, and improves skin texture and elasticity. Therefore, the increasing consumer inclination towards natural products is estimated to boost the lycopene market. Also, the rise in the demand for sunscreen products is estimated to propel the lycopene market. Lycopene is an effective pigment that protects the skin from the damage by the U.V. rays. Thus, manufacturers can develop sunscreen products using lycopene.
Lycopene Market: Regional Analysis
The demand for lycopene is estimated to increase in the Europe region. The increasing number of prostate cancer patients is one of the drivers for the rise in demand for lycopene. According to the World Cancer Research Fund International, Guadeloupe had the highest rate of prostate cancer in 2018. Martinique and New Caledonia also have a high occurrence of prostate cancer. Therefore, the demand for lycopene is anticipated to increase in the Europe region due to its potential in the treatment and prevention of prostate cancer.
Lycopene market is anticipated to increase in the Asia Pacific region. The increase in consumer spending and changing lifestyle are a few drivers for the growth of lycopene market in the Asia Pacific region. Also, as the number of working women is increasing, the inclination towards the use of sunscreen products is rising to protect the skin from the pollution. Therefore, the demand for sunscreen products is expected to boosts the sales of lycopene in the Asia Pacific region.
Lycopene Market: Key Participants
Few of the key market players in the lycopene market are:
- BASF SE
- LycoRed Ltd.
- Koninklijke DSM N.V.
- Pioneer Enterprise
- Hindustan Mint & Agro Products Pvt. Ltd.
- Top Pharm Chemical Group
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the lycopene market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as nature, from, and end-use.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Lycopene Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply and Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges pertaining to market
- Competition Landscape and Emerging Market Participants in market
- Technology related to Production/Processing of lycopene
- Value Chain Analysis of the market
The regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil)
- Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Italy, Spain, Poland, Russia)
- East Asia (China, Japan, South Korea)
- South Asia (India, Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam, Indonesia)
- Oceania (Australia, New Zealand)
- Middle East & Africa (GCC Countries, Turkey, Northern Africa, South Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators, and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Lycopene Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Lycopene Market Segmentation
The lycopene market can be segmented on the basis of nature, form, and end-use -
The lycopene market can be segmented on the basis of nature as:
The lycopene market can be segmented on the basis of the form as:
The lycopene market can be segmented on the basis of the end-use as:
- Food and Beverage
- Dietary Supplements and Functional Foods
- Pharmaceutical Industry
- Cosmetic and Personal Care
- Animal Nutrition
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing dynamics of the Lycopene market in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation and analysis
- Historical, current, and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments in the Lycopene market
- Competitive landscape of the Lycopene market
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on lycopene market performance
- Must-have information for lycopene market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Lycopene Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Lycopene Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Lycopene Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Lycopene Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)