This Masking Paper market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Masking Paper market.
Masking Paper Market: An Overview
Masking paper is a paper used for masking applications. Masking paper protects the unpainted area from paint overspray and splatter. Excellent barrier properties of masking paper restrict the accidental bleed owing to its low porosity. Masking paper adapts complex shapes and has excellent mechanical strength. The global market for masking paper is characterized by its wide range of applications such as painting, printing, spraying, etc. in various end-use industries such as building & construction, automotive, aerospace, and shipping & logistics, among others.
Masking Paper Market: Dynamics
The global market for masking paper is anticipated to grow during the forecast period on the backdrop of various factors. The key driver driving the growth of the global masking paper market is the used car segment in the automotive market that has generated significant revenues for the automotive market across North America, U.K. and Asia Pacific region. The market for new vehicles is dominated by established players and has shown sluggish growth in developed markets. The used car market allow multi-shop operators (MSO) and other small players to enter the high revenue generating market of automobiles. The used car market requires vehicles to be painted, repaired and sold in visually appealing conditions. Hence used car market segment allows a large number of players to operate in the market creating business opportunities for manufacturers of paint coatings, masking paper, masking tapes, and other supplies.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Several factors have emerged responsible for the used car market to show signs of considerable growth. Used cars have also allowed consumers to afford vehicles at affordable prices and have them customized as per their preferences. Masking paper manufacturers are hence targeting players operating in the used car market considering the growing requirement of supplies to cater to the increasing demand of used cars. Application of masking paper in the building & construction industry for painting is expected to create enormous opportunities for making paper manufacturers. These factors are anticipated to surge further demand for masking paper in the global market during the forecast period.
Despite the positive outlook, some factors that might restrain the growth of the global masking market. One of them is that the used masking paper contains paints, inks, and dyes, etc. on its surface which requires a separation process before disposal or recycling. Another factor is the availability of alternatives such as masking tapes. However, the market for masking paper is expected to have a positive outlook during the forecast period owing to its sustainability and recyclability.
Masking Paper Market: Regional Outlook
Geographically, the global masking paper market has been divided into seven key regions- North America, Latin America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Asia Pacific excluding Japan, Middle East & Africa, and Japan. The Europe automotive industry is the largest manufacturer of automobile vehicles and heavily invests in R&D. The industry has shown some recovery after the recession, and is anticipated to benefit the masking paper market directly with its growth.
Masking Paper Market: Some of the Key players
Some of the key players operating in masking paper market are- Potsdam Specialty Paper, Inc., Brown Packaging, Inc., Quest Automotive Products, Atlantic Coated Papers Ltd, Shanghai Smith Adhesive New Material Co., Ltd, and API, Inc. Many local and unorganized players are expected to contribute to the global masking paper market during the forecast period.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators and governing factors along with masking paper market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on masking paper market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Masking Paper Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Masking Paper Market: Segmentation
Globally, the masking paper market has been segmented on the basis of product type, basis weight, paper grade, application, and end-use.
On the basis of product type, the global masking paper market has been segmented as-
- Crepe Paper
- Washi Paper
- Kraft Paper
- Flatback Paper
On the basis of basis weight, the global masking paper market has been segmented as-
- Up to 40 GSM
- 40 GSM to 50 GSM
- 50 to 60 GSM
- Above 60 GSM
On the basis of paper grade, the global masking paper market has been segmented as-
- Virgin Paper
- Recycled Paper
On the basis of application, the global masking paper market has been segmented as-
- High-Temperature Applications
- Thermal Spraying
- Other Applications
On the basis of end-use, the global masking paper market has been segmented as
- Building and Construction
- Electrical & Electronics
- Metal Working
- Shipping and Logistics
- A detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected market size regarding volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies for key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Masking Paper Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Masking Paper Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Masking Paper Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Masking Paper Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)