This Melatonin Sleep Supplements market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Melatonin Sleep Supplements market.
Melatonin is a hormone which is found naturally in the body. Melatonin is used as a medicine which is synthetically made in a laboratory to treat sleep-related disorders. Melatonin sleep supplements are used to treat sleep disorders (especially insomnia). Melatonin sleep supplements are safe if taken in low doses for the short term and long term uses. The side effects caused by melatonin sleep supplements are sleepiness, vivid dreams, morning grogginess, low body temperature and others. Melatonin sleep supplements main function in the body is to regulate sleep-wake cycles. More melatonin is produced during the darkness which prepares the body for sleep. Melatonin production is decreased during the light which prepares the body for being awake. Light at night blocks the production of melatonin. In adults, melatonin sleep supplement is usually taken in doses from 0.2 mg to 20.0 mg, depending upon the purpose for its use. The right dose varies generally from one person to another.
According to a nationwide survey from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, melatonin sleep aids are growing in popularity, with 3 million Americans using them in 2012. According to the National Sleep Foundation's (NSF) Sleep in America Polls, 87% of adults deal with sleep issues throughout their week and 60% have sleep issues every night/almost every other night.
Melatonin Sleep Supplements Market: Drivers and Restraints
Need for more appropriate methods for sleep disorders management is of prime importance in today’s healthcare needs and thus is expected to be the prime factor driving growth of global melatonin sleep supplements market. Increasing awareness regarding the serious problems related with insomnia and increasing stress levels and anxiety among the population are the key factors which are responsible for the growth of the global melatonin sleep supplements market. In addition, lack of work-life balance, and adverse environmental conditions will increase the demand for melatonin sleep supplements. However, rise in adoption of alternative treatment options and lack of awareness regarding insomnia treatment are the factors that are expected to deter the growth of the global melatonin sleep supplements market.
Melatonin Sleep Supplements Market: Overview
Melatonin plays a very important role in natural sleep-wake cycle. Melatonin sleep supplements are helpful in treating sleep disorders. The less common side effects which might occur due to melatonin sleep supplements side effects include mild tremor, short-lasting feelings of depression, mild anxiety, irritability, abdominal cramps, confusion or disorientation, reduced alertness, and abnormally low blood pressure (hypotension). Melatonin sleep supplements are generally known as sleep aid and are cure for insomnia sleep disorder. Based on the distribution channel, the global melatonin sleep supplements market is segmented into hospital pharmacies, online pharmacies, drug stores and retail pharmacies. Hospital pharmacies is expected to holds the maximum share in the global melatonin sleep supplements market.
According to the National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health, nearly 1.3 million American adults reported taking melatonin in February, 2015.
Melatonin Sleep Supplements Market: Regional Outlook
Geographically, global Melatonin sleep supplements market is classified into regions viz. North America, Latin America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Asia-Pacific, Japan, Middle East and Africa. North America is expected to dominate global melatonin sleep supplements market over the forecast period due to the increasing prevalence of insomnia. Europe and Asia Pacific melatonin sleep supplements is expected to experience delayed growth due to less freely availability of melatonin sleep supplements to end users.
Melatonin Sleep Supplements Market: Key Players
Some of the players identified in global melatonin sleep supplements market include Matsun Nutrition, Ion Labs Inc., Robinson Pharma, Inc., Natrol LLC., Advanta Supplements, and others. Presence of several vendors in the melatonin sleep supplements market is resulting in an intense competition due to the wide product portfolio and geographical presence.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, U.K, Spain, France, Nordic countries, BENELUX)
- Eastern Europe (Russia, Poland, Rest Of Eastern Europe)
- Asia Pacific Excluding Japan (China, India, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, S. Africa, Rest Of MEA)
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Melatonin Sleep Supplements Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Melatonin Sleep Supplements Market: Segmentation
Tentatively, global melatonin sleep supplements market has been segmented on the basis of application, distribution channel, and geography.
Based on application, global melatonin sleep supplements market is segmented as below:
- Delayed Sleep Phase Syndrome (DSPS)
- Rapid Eye Movement Sleep Behavior Disorder (RBD)
Based on distribution channel, global melatonin sleep supplements market is segmented as below:
- Hospitals Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
- Drug Stores
- Retail Pharmacies
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Melatonin Sleep Supplements Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Melatonin Sleep Supplements Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Melatonin Sleep Supplements Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Melatonin Sleep Supplements Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)