This Sleep Movement Disorders market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Sleep Movement Disorders market.
Sleep movement disorders are the disorders disrupting during sleep and generally have undesirable verbal or physical behaviors which frequently result in insomnia and daytime fatigue. Movements during sleep are very common, especially among children. Sleep movement disorders occur in association with sleep during the specific sleep stages. Sleep movement disorders are a class of self-limited clinical conditions which are difficult to diagnose and treat. The classification of sleep movement disorders includes conditions that cause movement during sleep. Some of the major conditions are: restless legs syndrome, sleep rhythmic movement, periodic limb movement disorder, sleep leg cramps, and sleep bruxism. Amongst them, restless legs syndrome and periodic limb movement disorder are the most common disorder. Restless legs syndrome is characterized by unpleasant sensations deep inside the legs. Periodic limb movement disorder is characterized by rhythmic movements of the limbs during sleep. Approximately 80% of patients with restless legs syndrome have a periodic limb movement disorder. Symptoms of sleep movement disorders include fragmented or broken sleep, daytime fatigue, and non-refreshing sleep. Sleep movement disorders are generally diagnosed with polysomnography. Polysomnography test records brain waves, the oxygen level in blood, heart rate and breathing, eye, and leg movements. Polysomnography is usually conducted in laboratory/clinics and in-home care settings.
Sleep Movement Disorders Market: Drivers and Restraints
Continuous improvement in the reimbursement structure and increasing prevalence of sleep movement disorders is expected to drive the growth of the global sleep movement disorders market over the forecast period. Furthermore, increasing healthcare expenditure in sleep-related disorders is also boosting the growth of the global sleep movement disorders market. Factors like high caffeine intake and high levels of stress increase the risk of sleep movement disorders. However, lack of awareness regarding the symptoms of sleep movement disorders reduces the treatment-seeking rate and further hampers the growth of the global sleep movement disorders market.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Sleep Movement Disorders Market: Overview
Sleep movement disorders are abnormal movements that occur during sleep. The increasing prevalence of sleep movement disorders, especially in the developed countries of North America and Europe, creates lucrative growth opportunities for the sleep movement disorders market. Based on drug class, the global sleep movement disorders market is segmented into benzodiazepines, opioids, anticonvulsants, dopaminergic agonists, and others. Dopaminergic agents are considered the first-line treatment for restless legs syndrome. Opioids are generally reserved for patients with severe symptoms and pain.
Sleep Movement Disorders Market: Regional Outlook
Over the years, sleep movement disorders have been rising globally, where North America region is expected to contribute the maximum market share in the global sleep movement disorders market. Asia Pacific sleep movement disorders market is anticipated to grow at maximum growth rate over the forecast period. Lower cost structure and favourable medical treatment policies for foreign patients are factors boosting the demand for sleep movement disorders treatment from offshore patients, especially from the North America region. Thailand, Indonesia, and India sleep centers are providing treatment to offshore patients at cheaper prices. Whereas, low-income countries of Latin America and Middle East & Africa regions are expected to register a slow growth due to lack of basic knowledge regarding the treatment of sleep movement disorders. Lack of local clinical guidelines and public and private policies for sleep medicines are also impacting the adoption of sleep movement disorders treatment.
Sleep Movement Disorders Market: Key Players
Examples of some of the key players in the global sleep movement disorders market are Cardinal Health, Inc., Mylan N.V., Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd., Apotex Corporation, Egalet Corporation, Allergan plc, Pfizer Inc., and others.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Sleep Movement Disorders Market Segments
- Sleep Movement Disorders Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
The regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia-Pacific Excluding China and Japan (India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- The Middle East and Africa (GCC, S. Africa, N. Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Sleep Movement Disorders Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Sleep Movement Disorders Market: Segmentation
The global sleep movement disorders market is segmented by drug class, types of sleep movement disorders, distribution channel and region:
Based on drug class, the global sleep movement disorders market is segmented into:
- Dopaminergic Agonists
Based on types of sleep movement disorders, the global sleep movement disorders market is segmented into:
- Restless Legs Syndrome
- Periodic Limb Movement Disorder (PLMD)
- Sleep Leg Cramps
- Sleep Rhythmic Movement
- Sleep Bruxism
Based on distribution channel, the global sleep movement disorders market is segmented into:
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Sleep Movement Disorders Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Sleep Movement Disorders Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Sleep Movement Disorders Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Sleep Movement Disorders Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)