This Metal Matrix Composites market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Metal Matrix Composites market.
Metal matrix composites (MMC) are composite materials consisting of a metal and a secondary ingredient which may be a different metal or non-metallic material such as ceramic or organic compound. The global metal matrix composites market growth is closely correlated with the performance of its end-use industry, and more specifically global automotive market. The key characteristics associated with metal matrix composites is provision of superior mechanical and physical properties such as tensile strength, resistance to fire and moisture and can be used over a wide temperature range. Metal matrix composites also offer the possibility to tailor these properties to meet specific requirements, which makes this material type unique in comparison with its counterparts. Apart from automotive industry,metal-matrix composites are either in use or prototyping for the durable and lightweight parts in a variety of end use sectors such as electronics/ thermal management, aerospace, defense and marine. The rising demand from these sectors is expected to sustain the demand of metal matrix composites in forthcoming years during the forecast period.
Metal Matrix Composites Market: Market Dynamics
The increasing need of high-performance composites material for framing of exterior chassis in aerospace and marine industry is considered to be the key driver of the metal matrix composites market. The increasing trend for weight reduction in passenger cars and commercial vehicles is also expected to enhance the metal matrix composites usage in the automotive industry. The electronics industry is another prominent end use sector which is expected to drive the metal matrix composites market as well. In terms of opportunity, the defense sector is expected to facilitate the use of metal matrix composites in military specific vehicles and aircrafts.
The key trends witnessed in the metal matrix composites market include arrival of market entrants as well as expansions by existing manufacturers to address the existing and potential demand of the market. The market has been found to be competitive in terms of pricing and the operating rate for manufacturers. Emphasis on development of high-strength fiber reinforcements has been undertaken on the product development front. Vertical Integration, business process improvement, product development and has been the key focus of metal matrix composite manufacturers to leverage their market footprint and profitability.
The high manufacturing costs along with limited technological expertise for metal composites are however expected to pose a challenge for the growth of market during the forecast period.
Metal Matrix Composites Market: Market Participants
Examples of some of the market key participants in the global metal matrix composites market include Materion Corporation, GKN PLC, Sandvik AB, 3M, Plansee SE, Hitachi Metals, Ltd., Sumitomo Electric Industries, Ltd., Deutsche Edelstahlwerke GmbH, CPS Technologies Corporation, and 3A Composites, among others.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Historical Actual Market Size, 2012 - 2014
- Market Size & Forecast 2017 to 2027
- Supply & Demand Value Chain
- Market Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis for Market includes
- North America
- Latin America
- Asia Pacific & Japan
- The Middle East and Africa
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Metal Matrix Composites Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Metal Matrix Composites Market: Market Segment
The global metal matrix composites market can be segmented on the basis of product type, end-use, and region.
In terms of product type, metal matrix composites is segmented into
- aluminum MMC
- Super alloy MMC
- nickel MMC
- copper MMC
- others (beryllium MMC, magnesium MMC, titanium MMC, cobalt-nickel, Iron MMC, cobalt, etc.).
On the basis of end-use industry, global metal matrix composites market is segmented into
- thermal/electronics management
- others (defense, marine, industrial equipment, nuclear, etc.)
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Metal Matrix Composites Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Metal Matrix Composites Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Metal Matrix Composites Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Metal Matrix Composites Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.