This Frozen Food market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Frozen Food market.
Food preservation has been an ancient practice that humans use to prevent the spoilage of food items or products. The practice is motivated by the surplus food items within the clement season and shortage of food during winter. Preservation via drying, salting, and smoking has been an old practice. However, the innovation of technology has replaced such practices since it can’t be used for preserving some food items like vegetables, fruits, and uncooked meat or seafood. The use of refrigerators or freezers has enhanced food preservation in the industrial age as both cooked and uncooked food items can be stored in them.
Frozen foods are food items such as seafood, meat & poultry, vegetable & fruits, convenience foods, and more that are preserved under low temperatures for future usage. They are often used as an alternative or a substitute for fresh and cooked foods. Frozen meat, and seafood have the highest demand of all frozen food products, and they are readily available at grocery stores.
Convenience is the driving force of the frozen food market. Other driving forces include the rise in disposable income, health benefits, availability in retail stores, and increasing number of working women.
Frozen Food Market Driven by Change in Consumer Lifestyle
The change in consumer lifestyle has prompt the need for the provision of convenience food globally. And this has fostered the rise in demand for frozen foods in the global market. Also, the rise in the number of working women, coupled with the growing number of single-person households has been a significant factor that will drive the tremendous growth of the frozen foods market over the forecast period. It’s now a global norm to consume frozen foods daily due to the change in lifestyle.
Increase in Awareness Regarding the Health Benefits of Frozen Foods
Today’s on the go consumers are on the watch of their health and are ready to spend on health-enhancing products. With the increase in the awareness of the health benefits associated with frozen foods consumption, the market is expected to experience an inclination globally over the forecast period.
The frozen food market is capitalizing on this consumer sentiment to increase the production of health befitting products. The dairy industry in this sector is manufacturing products with low sugar content and minimal processing. Diary based frozen foods like yogurt,s, ice cream are a rich source of vitamin D, phosphorus, and calcium.
Frozen Food Market: Region-wise Analysis
Europe has the largest market in the global frozen food market with the transformation in consumer’s attitude towards frozen food within the region. Consumption of frozen food within the European Union countries has increased tremendously due to the improvement in the standard of living and shift towards convenience lifestyle.
Africa and the Asia Pacific regions will register a significant growth in the frozen food market over the forecast due to the less availability of fresh foods and busy lifestyle within the regions. The rise in disposable income of countries like China, India and Japan is another force driving the growth of the global frozen food market within the Asia Pacific region. Other regions such as North America and Middle East are expected to record a moderate growth in the industry over the forecast period.
Frozen Food Market: Competitive Landscape
- Aryzta A.G.
- Ajinomoto Co. Inc.
- Cargill Incorporated
- General Mills Inc.
- JBS S.A.
- Kellogg Company
- the Kraft Heinz Company
- Nestle S.A.
- ConAgra Brands, Inc.
- Associated British Foods Plc..
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil)
- Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Italy, Spain, Poland, Russia)
- East Asia (China, Japan, South Korea)
- South Asia (India, Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam, Indonesia)
- Oceania (Australia, New Zealand)
- Middle East & Africa (GCC Countries, Turkey, Northern Africa, South Africa)
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry validated market data and projections with suitable set of assumptions and methodology. Research report provides analysis and information by categories such as market segments, geographies, types, technology and applications.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts, and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides an in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators, and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Frozen Food Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Global Frozen Food Market Segment Analysis
The global frozen food market can be segmented on the following basis:
- Frozen fruits and vegetables
- Frozen meat and fish
- Frozen desert
- Frozen snacks
- Frozen cooked ready meals
- Ready to eat
- Ready to cook
- Ready to drink
By Distribution Channel
- Supermarkets & Hypermarkets
- Convenience Stores
- Online Channels
By Freezing Technique
- Blast freezing
- Belt freezing
- Individual Quick Freezing (IQF)
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Frozen Food Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Frozen Food Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Frozen Food Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Frozen Food Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)