This Mud Logging Unit market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Mud Logging Unit market.
Since its commercial introduction in 1939, mud logging units have become a center for monitoring formation responses to drilling process. Historically, mud logging units were the most basic type of well log. The mud logger’s command, primarily, was to describe the lithology of formation and record depth. Eventually, the scope of mud logging has expanded as additional sensors, such as weight on bit, gas chromatographs and mud pit level indicators, have begun to bring more data into logging units. Advancements in networking systems and computing, surface sensors’ design and sample analysis have made these units quite popular in the 21st century. Though most commonly used in petroleum exploration, mud logging is also used when exploring minerals or drilling water wells where the drilling fluid is the circulating medium used to lift the hole.
Over the coming years, the demand for these equipment will gradually increase as according to experts, the demand for natural gas is expected to increase by more than 70% by 2025, i.e. from 90 to 156 trillion cubic feet. Also, the greatest demand for natural gas would be coming from emerging economies. Given the current consumption rate, emerging economies in Asia are expected to almost triple.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
However, sometimes compressed air is used as a circulating medium instead of a mud logger, which is far by most commonly used substance. Thus, an alternative and more accurate name used is “surface logging“ and those who carry out the procedure are referred to as pore pressure engineers or formulation evaluation engineers. Primarily, mud logging strives to successfully identify potentially productive sites for drilling by looking for out hydrocarbon-rich formations.
Increasing preference for mud logging units for oil & refineries exploration
Due to increasing energy consumption, the demand for oil & gas refineries has increased globally, which are required to meet this rising demand. For instance, Russia is the largest producer of natural gas. In Asia-Pacific, Indonesia is the largest producer of natural gas and South Korea, China and India are relatively small consumers of natural gas in the region. The largest producer of natural gas in Africa is Nigeria and Egypt is the second largest producer of natural gas in Africa. In Middle East, UAE and Iran are major producers of natural gas in the region.
Valued-added features and services are being imparted by manufacturers to gain competitive advantage
Companies are implementing new technologies for these equipment to maintain their position. Most of the big manufacturers are investing in this technology on account of increasing demand from oil & gas sector. Mud logging requires a good deal of diligence and attention and thus, companies are also investing in training of their employees to build their skills in this area.
Regional Market Outlook
The global Mud Logging Unit market is segmented into the following regions – Middle East and Africa, China, India, North America, Latin America, Eastern Europe, Western Europe, Japan and South East Asia. India and China have been dominant in the Global Mud Logging Unit market mainly due to increasing demand from oil & gas industry. In North America, the USA is a prominent market due to the high demand from the natural gas industry. Eastern and Western Europe are also expected to provide moderate opportunities due to increasing awareness about Mud Logging Units. Latin America is also expected to grow with significantly high CAGR due to rising demand from countries, such as Brazil and Mexico. Growth in the Middle East and African region is expected to be considerably less as compared to the other regions.
FMI Analysis, 2017
Global Mud Logging Unit Market: Key Players
The key players ruling the global Mud Logging Unit market are Jindal Drilling & Industries Limited, Excellence Logging, Oil Field Instrumentation Ltd., Schlumberger Limited, SDP Services Ltd., DHI Services, Inc., Specialist Services Group, ATCO Group, Weatherford International, Naftagas Offline Services and Geolog.
Brief Approach to Research
FMI will follow a modelling-based approach and triangulation methodology to estimate data covered in this report. A detailed market understanding and assessment of the nature, product type and end uses of the product segments covered in the study is followed by a demand-side analysis to estimate the sales of target product segments, which is then cross-referenced with a supply-side assessment of value generated over a pre-defined period. The statistics and data is collected at a regional level and consolidated and synthesized at a global level to estimate the overall market sizes.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Mud Logging Unit Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Product Definition and Segmentation
Mud Logging Units are designed to provide a continuous reading of the total hydrocarbons in a gas stream and also determine the composition of the sample gas stream. Additionally, mud logging units also record and monitor drilling parameters, flow levels and mud volumes. The Mud Logging Unit market can be segmented on the basis of the following criteria:
By the type of the standard equipment-
- Gas Excavator
- Vacuum System
- Total Gas detector
- Gas Calibration
- Optical Instrument
- Pressure Detection
- Geochemical Analysis
- Petro Physical Analysis
- Measurement While Drilling (MWD)
Key Data Points Covered in the Report
Some of the key data points covered in our report include:
- An overview of the Mud Logging Unit market, including background and evolution
- Macroeconomic factors affecting the Mud Logging Unit market and its potential
- Market dynamics, such as drivers, challenges and trends
- Technology Roadmap involved from inception period to present date
- Detailed value chain analysis of the Mud Logging Unit market
- Cost structure of the products and segments covered in the global Mud Logging Unit market
- In-depth pricing analysis, by key product segments, regions and by major Mud Logging Unit market participants
- Analysis of supply and demand, such as top producing and consuming geographies, imports/exports and overall trade scenario in the global Mud Logging Unit market
- Analysis of the global Mud Logging Unit market structure, including a tier-wise categorization of key Mud Logging Unit market participants
- Competitive landscape of the market, including detailed profiles of top players in the Mud Logging Unit market
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Mud Logging Unit Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Mud Logging Unit Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Mud Logging Unit Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Mud Logging Unit Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.