This Near Field Communication Nfc market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Near Field Communication Nfc market.
NFC Market Overview
Near Field communication (NFC) is a wireless communication technology. NFC is a short range communication technique that allows devices to share information. NFC has emerged as an effective alternative to other short range communication technologies, such as Bluetooth and WiFi. In NFC technology, radio communication is established between devices by touching them simultaneously or by bringing them into proximity. Market share of NFC technology is growing rapidly because of increasing adoption of this technology into smartphones and smart cameras.
NFC Market Dynamics
NFC technology is gaining popularity because of its various advantages such as safety, versatility and convenience. NFC is much more secure for transaction than other techniques as it requires PIN and does not provide physical access of your credit card information to retailers. Versatility refers to a wide range of industrial applications of NFC. NFC is very convenient as it is easy to use and NFC enabled devices can be carried anywhere without much hassle. As stated earlier, NFC technology has wide range of application, such as contactless payments, information sharing, information reading from smart posters and also for providing authentication of information whenever required.
Global Near Field Communication (NFC) market share is expected to grow rapidly in the near future. Factors which are driving the growth of NFC market are increasing deployment of NFC in the booming smartphones and smart camera market, increase in contactless payments, improved user experience and reduction in size and cost of semiconductor chips. On the other hand, factors which are restraining the growth of NFC market are security concerns due to hacking of smartphones, PCs or tablets etc. devices, short range communication, strong competition to NFC from alternative payments methods, high development cost, and lack of consumer awareness about potential benefits of NFC technology. NFC technology is anticipated to be used in a host of applications in the future due to the increasing demand of online and in store payments in retail store, increasing demand of connectivity between devices for information and data sharing.
NFC Market Segmentation
Global NFC market is segmented on the basis of applications, product types and regions. On the basis of applications, the market is further sub segmented into broad range of applications, such as contactless payments, data sharing, infotainment, access control & authentication, medical & healthcare, transportation and others. Out of all these applications contactless payment application is expected to remain dominant throughout the forecasted period. This is mainly because of rising adoption of mobile wallet payments, improved financial transparency and public sector servicing. On the basis of product type, the market is further sub segmented into non-auxiliary and auxiliary products. Non- auxiliary products are further categorised as tags, readers and controller IC’s/Chips. Auxiliary products include micro SD cards, SIM cards and NFC enabled covers. Out of all these product types, NFC readers are projected to experiences high market growth during forecasted period, it is prominently because of emerging applications areas and increasing demand of NFC readers in authentication and access control applications. On the basis of region, the global NFC market is sub-segmented into seven regions, North America, Latin America, Asia-Pacific (excluding Japan), Japan as a separate region, Western Europe, Eastern Europe and Middle East & Africa region. North America region is largest in terms of market share with USA leading the market. Asia Pacific region is expected to show high growth rate during forecasted period because of increasing awareness and adoption of NFC technology into retail and transportation. Followed by APAC, Europe region is also estimated to be promising market with countries such as Germany and U.K.
NFC Market: Key Players
Key players in the Global NFC market are Gemalto N.V., DeviceFidelity, Inc., Visa Inc., Broadcom Inc., STMicroelectronicsN.V., Toshiba Corporation, Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd., Identive Group, Inc., NXP Semiconductors, Infineon Technologies and On Track Innovations (OTI) Ltd. etc. These key players are focusing mainly on vertical integration activities and to gain competitive advantage players are also investing heavily on research & development activities to generate innovative technologies.
This research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the NFC market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data and statistically-supported and industry-validated market data and projections with a suitable set of assumptions and methodology. It provides analysis and information by categories such as market segments, regions, product types and distribution channels.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- NFC Market Segments
- NFC Market Dynamics
- Historical Actual Market Size, 2012 - 2014
- NFC Market Size & Forecast 2015 to 2025
- Supply & Demand Value Chain
- NFC Market Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
- NFC Market Drivers and Restraints
Regional analysis for NFC Market includes
- North America
- US & Canada
- Latin America
- Brazil, Mexico, Others
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia and New Zealand (ANZ)
- Greater China
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- GCC Countries
- Other Middle East
- North Africa
- South Africa
- Other Africa
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Near Field Communication Nfc Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Near Field Communication Nfc Market
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Near Field Communication Nfc Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Near Field Communication Nfc Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Near Field Communication Nfc Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Near Field Communication Nfc Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.