Optical Time-Domain Reflectometer is an electronic instrument used by various organizations to verify the performance of an optical fiber. When a fiber cabling infrastructure is installed by any organization, it is essential to check its performance to protect their business critical applications. By carrying out this certification using OTDR it is guaranteed that the fiber installation meets the design specifications for current and future applications.
The quality and reliability of an OTDR equipment is based upon its accuracy and precision level, range and speed of measurement and its ability to perform under extremes of environmental conditions. OTDR is also used for maintaining the performance of fiber infrastructure. These days there are various OTDR tools available via which network engineers can themselves carry out verification of fiber cabling.
Optical Time-Domain Reflectometer Market: Drivers and Challenges
The OTDR market is expected to have an upward surge in the coming years. There are various factors which will help in expanding the market such as increased demand for high-speed networks and triple play solutions. Due to people shifting to these solutions, new cabling setup needs to be done which have to be verified post installation using OTDR. This will increase the use of Optical Time-Domain Reflectometer (Hand-held). Also, demand for long haul network and requirement of certification for all the fiber optic cables will also lead to higher demand of OTDR services. One more factor which drives the OTDR market is the existence of dark fiber which also needs to be tested during installation which will help them in leasing it out to other carriers.
There can be a few challenges for the growth of OTDR market due to presence of a large installed base of fiber and slower adoption of new technologies by telecommunication and cable TV industry.
Key Market Players
The major players active in the Global OTDR market include FLUKE networks, EXFO, Viavi, Yokogawa, Anritsu, FIBERCORE, AFL Global and Corning.
Currently OTDR is predominantly being used by the Telecommunication industry. North America and Europe dominate the Global Optical Time-Domain Reflectometer market. Asia-Pacific region is picking up pace in this market, especially Japan, India and China.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
Optical Time-Domain Reflectometer Market Segments
- Optical Time-Domain Reflectometer Market Dynamics
- Historical Actual Market Size, 2013 - 2015
- Optical Time-Domain Reflectometer Market Size & Forecast 2016 to 2026
- Value Chain
- Optical Time-Domain Reflectometer Market Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Optical Time-Domain Reflectometer Market Drivers and Restraints
Regional analysis for Optical Time-Domain Reflectometer Market includes development of these systems in the following regions:
- North America
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Asia Pacific
- Australia and New Zealand (A&NZ)
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- The Middle East and Africa
- GCC Countries
- North Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of MEA
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Optical Time-Domain Reflectometer Market: Segmentation
Segmentation On The Basis Of Design:
- Full-feature OTDR: These are the traditional OTDR’s which are heavier and larger in size.
- Hand-held OTDR: These are lighter and smaller in size as compared to traditional OTDR’s and run on battery.
- Fiber Break Locator: These are low cost instruments which are specifically used to determine the location of a catastrophic fiber event.
Segmentation On The Basis of End User:
- Cable TV
- Private Enterprise Network
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Market Research Methodology - Perfected through Years of Diligence
A key factor for our unrivaled market research accuracy is our expert- and data-driven research methodologies. We combine an eclectic mix of experience, analytics, machine learning, and data science to develop research methodologies that result in a multi-dimensional, yet realistic analysis of a market.