This Pertussis Infection Testing market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Pertussis Infection Testing market.
Pertussis Infection Testing : Market Insights
Pertussis refers to the whooping cough, which can lead to a serious illness in children and in adults as well. The common symptoms of pertussis includes vomiting, coughing fits, whooping, long pause in breathing, presence of blue or purple skin color due to lack of oxygen, fever etc.
Pertussis is one of the common infectious disease which can be treated by vaccine. It occurs more commonly in the children younger than 5 years of age. According to center for Disease Control and Prevention, there are approximately 175,000 cases of pertussis each year. According to World Health Organization, there were 195,000 deaths from pertussis infection.
The bordetella pertussis IgM ELISA testing kits, PCR instruments and various other instruments are used in the diagnosis of pertussis infection. FluoroType Bordetella instrument is manufactured by Hain Lifescience Gmbh. It is highly sensitive and specific instrument. It is rapid as result or outcome is obtained within three hours.
There are three stages of pertussis infection. The first stage of the pertussis is the running nose. The first phase lasts for one to two weeks. The second stage of the pertussis is the paroxysmal stage. The duration of this phase varies from patient to patient. The last or the third stage of this disease is convalescent stage. The last stage can lasts for few weeks or months and it might get to a serious level of chronic cough.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Pertussis Infection Testing: Market Dynamics
The increasing prevalence of pertussis, especially in children, is expected to increase the growth of pertussis infection testing market. It is estimated that 20 to 40 million persons are newly infected with pertussis each year, 90 % of cases thereof occur in developing countries. Increasing number of diagnostic laboratories, is another important factor which can increase the growth of pertussis infection testing market. There are various other factors such as increasing number of hospitals, increasing unhygienic conditions in the hospitals, increasing availability of the pertussis testing kits for the treatment of pertussis etc. can be responsible for the significant growth of pertussis infection testing market. Increasing healthcare awareness among the people and increasing per capita healthcare expenditure, are expected to increase the growth of pertussis infection testing market. Increasing disposable income, can also increase the growth of pertussis infection testing market.
There are a few factors which can hinder the growth of pertussis infection testing market. Various factors such as poor availability of the pertussis testing Elisa kits in some of the laboratories, can hinder the growth of pertussis infection testing market. Other factors such as lack of awareness of the pertussis infection testing, especially in some of the developing regions, can hinder the overall growth of pertussis infection testing market. High price of pertussis testing kits can also hinder the overall growth of pertussis infection testing market.
Pertussis Infection Testing Market: Overview
The pertussis infection testing market has been segmented on the basis of its product type and end user. On the basis of products, the pertussis infection testing market has been segmented into reagent & kits and instruments. FluoroType bordetella instrument is involved in the rapid identification of B. pertussis. Pertussis infection testing kits hold a large revenue share in the overall market. Based on the end user, the pertussis infection testing market has been segmented into hospitals, specialty clinics, diagnostic laboratories and research centers. Diagnostic laboratories, is expected to hold a large revenue share in the pertussis infection testing market.
Pertussis Infection Testing Market: Region-wise Outlook
On the basis of geography, global pertussis infection testing market has been segmented into several key regions viz. North America, Latin America, Europe, East Asia, South Asia and Oceania. North America is expected to hold a large revenue share in the global pertussis infection testing market due to technological advancement, especially in the field of healthcare and easy availability of pertussis testing kits. Europe is also expected to hold the second largest share in the global pertussis infection testing market due to the presence of well- established healthcare infrastructure. Asia Pacific is also expected to register a significant growth in the pertussis infection testing market due to the increasing healthcare awareness among the people and increasing population.
Pertussis Infection Testing Market: Key Players
There are many companies associated with the manufacturing of Pertussis Infection Testing market. The key players operating in the Pertussis Infection Testing market follow various promotional strategies such as development of new and advanced products and partnerships with other companies. Some of the key players present in global Pertussis Infection Testing market are Tecan Trading AG, Cortez Diagnostics Inc., Hain Lifescience GmbH, bioMerieux SA etc.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Pertussis Infection Testing Market Segments
- Pertussis Infection Testing Market Dynamics
- Pertussis Infection Testing Market Size
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
The regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia-Pacific Excluding Japan (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- The Middle East and Africa (GCC, S. Africa, N. Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Pertussis Infection Testing Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Pertussis Infection Testing Market: Segmentation
The Pertussis Infection Testing market is segmented by application, end user and region:
Segmentation by Product Type
- Reagents and Kits
- Bordetella Pertussis IgM ELISA Test
- FluoroType Bordetella
- PCR Instruments
Segmentation by End users
- Specialty Clinics
- Diagnostic Laboratories
- Research Centers
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Pertussis Infection Testing Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Pertussis Infection Testing Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Pertussis Infection Testing Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Pertussis Infection Testing Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)