This Point Of Care Genetic Testing market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Point Of Care Genetic Testing market.
Point-of-Care testing is defined as the clinical testing performed at or near the site where clinical care is being given to the patient. It can be performed by patients itself or any personnel. Consecutively, analyzing the DNA and finding out the best treatment option based on the genetic makeup of the patient constitute Point-of-Care genetic testing. This isa fast and quick technique based on personal genomics so to allow the efficient functioning of the drug. The idea behind this point-of-care genetic testing approach is to reduce the diagnosis time, inconvenience faced by patients and to follow personalized medicine approach for specific patient. Generally, all the diseases are combination of various genetic factors, and current genetic testing techniques require a lot of time in analyzing the problem. As a result, the use of Point-of Care genetic testing systems is prevalent in quickly diagnosing and guiding the doctors to head in a right direction.
Point-of-Care Genetic testing involves amplification of genetic material and then real-time analysis to detect the genetic variations among people. The first point-of-care version of a real-time nucleic acid detection system is the Cepheid’s Xpert system, going to be launched this year. It combines fully integrated sample preparation for amplification and detection process. This system is designed to purify, concentrate, detect, and recognize targeted nucleic acid sequences delivering diagnosis using unprocessed samples approximately within 30 minutes.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
The point-of-care genetic testing technology possesses convenient and immediate action for a therapeutic condition. The growth is likely to continue with the aim of providing less costly and closer to patients care. The use of genetics has become prominent nowadays in almost every pediatric condition, and this technology overcomes the limitations and challenges of current molecular testing techniques. Pressure on healthcare budgets and the trend to patient-centered care might be perceived as problems confined to the developed world. Moreover, the increase in population and westernization in the developing countries like China and India links it with the increase in the healthcare problems. Due to poverty and lack of sources, Point-of-Care genetic testing technology has a major scope in these countries by providing diagnostics available at low prices and at patient’s bedside. There are some technological limitations like failure to detect abnormal results, standardization, technological expertise, algorithmic & software complications, higher cost of maintenance & repair, poor tests result in case of contaminated samples, and sample specificity in the use of point-of-care genetic testing systems. In addition, the high cost of Point-of-Care genetic test and limited reimbursement support is hindering the growth of point-of-care genetic testing market.
Point-of-Care Genetic Testing Market: Segmentation
Point-of-Care Genetic Testing Market: Overview
A global trends of making healthcare service more patient-centeric than the service provider shows an expanding growing opportunities for point-of-care genetic testing, as there are lots of funding available from multiple sources including NIH, US Department of Defence as well as various private foundations and biopharmaceutical companies. The point-of-care genetic testing market includes various types of testing includes diabetes, hematology, oncology, infectious disease, and others indications.
Point-of-Care genetic testing is going beyond the laboratory, as FDA granted its first CLIA waiver to a nucleic acid based test. The Alere I Influenza A&B and cobas Liat System and Strep A from Roche have received a CLIA waiver in 2015. In the cardiovascular domain, Spartan Biosciences received the approval from Health Care Canada for their Spartan RX CYP2C19 system in 2014, a genetic test that can be used to govern whether patients receiving the antiplatelet medication clopidigrel (Plavix) following percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI) have CYP2C19 mutations that may weaken their ability to metabolize the drug.
Point-of-Care Genetic Testing Market: Region-wise Outlook
Based on geography, the point-of-care genetic testing market is segmented into North America, Latin America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, APEJ, Japan and Middle & Africa. Sustained implementation of point-of-care genetic testing requires that new technologies address the need of targeted settings. The combined power of microfluidics and smartphone technologies will be going to boost the market of point-of-care molecular testing. The US is recognized at the top country in the sector of Point-of-Care genetic testing market because of technological advancement, awareness among the population and high per capita income. In Europe, Germany is also recognized as the market player in this industry. Asia-Pacific is expected witness significant growth rate in the coming years due to increasing investment in cancer research, increasing awareness and funding by government to curb the prevalence of infectious diseases and active participation of corporates in the healthcare technologies.
Point-of-Care Genetic Testing Market: Key Players
Cepheid, IQuum, Biocartis, Abbott, Idaho Technologies, ThermoFisher, Roche, Optigene, Lumora are some of the global key players in point-of-care genetic testing. In 2016, Biocartis Idylla’s distribution rights were also granted to Thermofisher in the US. The Idylla platform is a fully integrated system enabling laboratories to perform a broad range of applications in oncology and beyond. But in 2014, Iquum’s Liat Analyzers’ rights were acquired by Roche Molecular Diagnostics.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
NOTE - All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Future Market Insights.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Point Of Care Genetic Testing Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Segmentation by Product Type
- POCT Cancer kits
- Molecular POC kits
- POCT in Antibiotic Therapies
- Assay Cartridge
Segmentation by End User
- Research Laboratory
- Diagnostic labs
- Bio-Pharmaceutical Industry
- Academic Institutions
Segmentation by Application
- Drug discovery and research
- Treatment Analysis
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
The regionalanalysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia-Pacific(China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- The Middle Eastand Africa (GCC, S. Africa, N. Africa)
Detailed overview of parent market
Changing market dynamics in the industry
In-depth market segmentation
Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
Recent industry trends and developments
Strategies of key players and products offered
Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
A neutral perspective on market performance
Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Point Of Care Genetic Testing Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Point Of Care Genetic Testing Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Point Of Care Genetic Testing Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Point Of Care Genetic Testing Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)