This Pressure Ulcer Detection Devices market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Pressure Ulcer Detection Devices market.
Pressure Ulcer Detection Devices: Market Insights
Pressure Ulcer is a type of pressure injury that causes distortion of skin and tissue. Pressure ulcers are generally caused due to lack of poor nutrition, aging skin, friction, moisture, less mobility etc. Ulcers are formed in localized areas of the skin and underlying subcutaneous tissue over the bone. When the skin is exposed to prolong pressure starved with proper nutrients and oxygen, the tissue gets damaged leading to pressure ulcers. Thus, pressure ulcer detection devices are being developed to treat pressure ulcers. Pressure ulcer detection devices detect the changes in the concentration of oxygen during the restoration of flow of blood to the tissues within the localized areas of skin. Various pressure ulcer detection devices are being developed to detect the pressure ulcers such as SEM Scanner, smart bandages, Bluetooth-enabled fabric-based pressure sensor array, wearable wireless devices, and others.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Pressure Ulcer Detection Devices: Market Dynamics
Pressure ulcers have become acute and are a significant burden to the healthcare system. With the growing aging population, the incidence and prevalence rate is increasing. According to the National Pressure Ulcer Advisory Panel report, around 2.5 million patients developed pressure ulcers every year with an incidence rate of 2.5% in hospitals and 60,000 deaths per year. The healthcare expenditure burden on pressure ulcer is gradually increasing. For example, in US cost for the healthcare system is US$9-11 billion per year. Per patients with stage III/IV pressure ulcer cost US$70-150 thousand. The growing number of aging population, increase in obesity and incontinence in urine, lack of poor nutrition will drive the growth of pressure ulcer detection devices. Another factor for the increase in demand in pressure ulcer detection devices is growing the diabetic population, kidney failure, heart failure, peripheral arterial disease and also Parkinson disease which makes the skin more delicate or fragile causing movement problems. Emerging innovation to heal pressure ulcers using gene therapy which includes cytokines and growth factors, adipose tissue or bone marrow-derived stem cell therapy may restrain the market of pressure ulcer detection devices.
Pressure Ulcer Detection Devices Market: Overview
A pressure ulcer is a common issue in many hospital settings. Many physiological factors such as age, gender, race, mobility, weight have given birth to pressure ulcers. Reimbursement has also no longer being provided in many hospitals for pressure ulcer detection devices. Due to the lack of effective treatment and massive clinical need, new technologies are boosting the growth of pressure ulcer detection devices market. Mechanical solutions are no longer widely used as these methods are focused purely on prevention based on duration and not on physiological factors. However, numerous technologies have boosted the pressure ulcer detection devices market such as Dynamic Supportive Surface pressure ulcer detection devices which is a temperature control system used to prevent early onset of pressure ulcer. Also Thermographic Imaging System and the Monitor Alert Protect system is highly recommended pressure ulcer detection devices by many physicians due to its accuracy in detection of ulcers and also it can be used in all patients.
Pressure Ulcer Detection Devices Market: Region-wise Outlook
On the basis of geography, the global versatile cryosurgical devices market is segmented into seven key regions: North America, Latin America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Asia Pacific excluding Japan, Japan and Middle East & Africa. North America exhibit substantial growth in the pressure ulcer detection devices market due to increase in aging population and advanced healthcare facilities which as a result have high impact in overall pressure ulcer detection devices market. Europe market protrude to have high growth in pressure ulcer detection devices market due to increasing burden of pressure ulcers and rising costs in healthcare . Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa is also stimulating the growth of the pressure ulcer detection devices market due to increasing diabetic population, lack of poor nutrition and other physiological factors is leading the pressure ulcer detection devices market.
Pressure Ulcer Detection Devices Market: Key Players
Some of the key players in global pressure ulcer detection devices market are Bruin Biometrics, LLC, 3M, Invacare Corporation, Hill-Rom Services Inc., Abbott, HoverTech International, Coloplast, First Quality Enterprises, Inc., Arjo, Acelity, Gordian Medical, Inc.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
The regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia-Pacific Excluding Japan (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- The Middle East and Africa (GCC, S. Africa, N. Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Pressure Ulcer Detection Devices Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Pressure Ulcer Detection Devices Market: Segmentation
The global pressure ulcer detection devices market is segmented by product type and end user.
Segmentation by Product Type
- Dynamic Supportive Surface Pressure Ulcer Detection Devices
- Angiosome padding Pressure Ulcer Detection Devices
- Thermographic Imaging System Pressure Ulcer Detection Devices
- SEM Scanner Pressure Ulcer Detection Devices
- Capacitive Based Pressure Sensor Pressure Ulcer Detection Devices
- Wireless Matt Pressure Sensor Pressure Ulcer Detection Devices
- Wireless Shear Stress Adhesive Sensor Pressure Ulcer Detection Devices
- Monitor Alert Protect system Pressure Ulcer Detection Devices
Segmentation by End User
- Hospital settings
- Nursing homes settings
- Home care settings
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Pressure Ulcer Detection Devices Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Pressure Ulcer Detection Devices Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Pressure Ulcer Detection Devices Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Pressure Ulcer Detection Devices Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)