This Pressure Redistribution Pads market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Pressure Redistribution Pads market.
Pressure redistribution pads or cushions help to prevent the development of pressure ulcers. Pressure ulcers can occur where the skin is in constant contact with the bones or the other hard surfaces. The pressure redistribution pads work by distributing or reducing pressure and friction force. Pressure ulcers also are known as pressure sores or bedsores and can occur at the buttocks, sacrum, coccyx, heels and other areas of the body when the body part is pressed against the hard surfaces or bones for a prolonged period of time, creating unrelieved pressure and the blood supply to these parts gets cut off. This restricted blood supply results in tissue damage or tissue death. Pressure redistribution pads dissipate the pressure over the pad to protect the skin from ulcers. The pressure redistribution pads are made mainly of silicone. Silicon is flexible and has the ability to redistribute the pressure and to protect the skin from bony areas. According to the National Institute of Health, the incidence of pressure ulcers in long-term care centers ranges from 2.2% to 23.9% while in home care settings, the incidence varies to 17%. The geriatric population are more prone to pressure ulcers. Pressure ulcers are classified based on the severity of soft tissue damage, the least severe to the most severe. The number of patients with hospital-acquired pressure ulcers is increasing with the rise in several medical conditions such as multiple fractures and cancer which require a longer hospital stay. The number of intrinsic factors such as obesity, increasing age and immobility also increases the use of pressure redistribution pads. Additionally, the patients who are in the wheelchair for a prolonged time are required to use pressure redistribution pads to prevent the development of pressure ulcers. Earlier, use of pressure redistribution pads prevented small ulcers from becoming blisters and infected wounds.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Pressure Redistribution Pads Market: Drivers and Restraints
A rise in the geriatric population increases the demand for pressure redistribution pads. Increasing prevalence of hospital-acquired pressure ulcers increases the market of pressure redistribution pads in the stated forecast period. Bedridden patients who are partially or completely immobile are also requires pressure redistribution pads. Cost-effectiveness and easy operation are the factors driving the market of pressure redistribution pads over the forecast period. Higher adoption by the users because of low technical complexity also contribute in growing the market of pressure redistribution pads in the overall forecast period. Other factors such as obesity also helps in the rigorous growth of pressure redistribution pads market. Whereas, lack of awareness among the patients in low resource regions restricts the market of pressure redistribution pads.
Pressure Redistribution Pads Market: Overview
The overall prevalence rate of pressure ulcer is found to be 7.8% and they are most common in sacral and gluteal regions. Pressure redistribution pads is now a necessity for several patients who have been hospitalized for more than a month and for the individuals who are using wheelchair for the prolonged period of time. There are different types of pressure redistribution pads and cushions available in the market. Gel-filled pressure redistribution pads, water-filled pressure redistribution pads, air-filled pressure redistribution pads and many other types. Air-filled pressure redistribution pads or cushions hold the largest market share among all the product type because of easier availability and low cost.
Pressure Redistribution Pads Market: Regional Outlook
Geographically, global outpatient rehabilitation service market is classified into regions viz. North America, Latin America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Asia-Pacific excluding China and Japan, China, Japan, Middle East and Africa. Currently, North America is the leading market of pressure redistribution pads market due to better healthcare facilities and an increase in the number of elderly population. Europe holds the second largest market of pressure redistribution pads due to advancement in healthcare facilities and public awareness. Asia Pacific market has been expecting the growth in the near future because of the rise in the geriatric population and an increase in the patient pool. Middle East Asia and Africa show the delayed growth due to lack of availability of advanced products. Further, lack of awareness among the patients in these regions hinders the growth of pressure redistribution pads market.
Pressure Redistribution Pads Market: Key Players
Some of the key players involved in the manufacturing of the pressure redistribution pads are- Apex Medical Corporation, Invacare Corporation, Bos Medical International, Carilex Medical GmbH, Blue Chip Medical Products, Inc., Karomed Ltd., Talley, Inc. Benmor Medical, TOGU GmbH and others.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, application, and industry.
The report covers exhaust analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, S. Africa, Northern Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Pressure Redistribution Pads Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Pressure Redistribution Pads Market: Segmentation
The global pressure redistribution pads market is segmented on the basis of product types, end users and geography.
Based on product types, pressure redistribution pads market is segmented into:
- Gel-filled cushions
- Fibre-filled cushions
- Air-filled cushions
Based on end user, pressure redistribution pads market are segmented into:
- Long term care centers
- Home care settings
- Nursing centers
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Pressure Redistribution Pads Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Pressure Redistribution Pads Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Pressure Redistribution Pads Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Pressure Redistribution Pads Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)