This Prognostic Biomarkers market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Prognostic Biomarkers market.
Prognostic Biomarkers are the type of biomarkers that track the progression of a disease with or without treatment. They assess the aggressiveness of the disease and calculate the risk of recurrence or median survival for particular type of malignancy. According to an article published in Journal of Clinical and Cellular Immunology, the field of biomarkers has expanded dramatically in the last 5-6 years with the advancement in high throughput technologies such as mass spectroscopy, genomic and proteomic arrays, sequencing, and many more. Intensifying research in this field can be seen from the increase in the number of publications for novel prognostic biomarkers especially in the field of cancer. A new research presented at Association for the Study of Diabetes (EASD) 2016 Annual Meeting suggests the combination of prognostic biomarkers which could be helpful in noninvasive screening for pancreatic carcinoma in patients with new-onset diabetes. According to an article published in Ebiomedicine, recently researchers have identified 788 potential biomarkers in blood that could be used to develop an early stage carcinoma screening test for the general population.
Novel drug efficiency in clinical trials on a certain population is determined using prognostic biomarkers. Hence, prognostic biomarkers have remarkable potential to affect the success rate of clinical trials. They also help in assessing the need and strategy of treatment for specific patients. In the era of personalized medicines and advanced cancer therapeutics, prognostic markers provide the precise selection of treatment for a patient. Thus, helps in reducing the side effects of chemotherapeutic drugs. For the further prediction and development of novel prognostic biomarkers, collaboration of statistical and bioinformatics data is also required.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
An ideal biomarker should have analytical validity, clinical validity and clinical utility. Hence, fast, accurate and feasible prognostic biomarker will grow the demand of industry. Also, not all the patients respond favorably to drugs so continuous need of prognostic biomarkers is there for regular assessment of the treatment. Furthermore, increased development of prognostic biomarkers will reduce the treatment cost. Increasing awareness among doctors, patients and technicians in the developing countries would help in promoting the growth of market. Insufficient partnership between industry and academia is one of the restraint of the industry. More chances of experimental failure, some ethical issues, huge investment, time consumption, technical and commercial challenges limits further development of prognostic biomarkers.
Prognostic Biomarkers Market: Segmentation
Prognostic Biomarkers Market: Overview
Currently, clinicians monitor treatment response by means of blood pressure measurements, anti-double-stranded DNA antibody levels, serum complement levels, urinary protein/creatinine ratios, urinary sediment, and surrogates of renal function. Unfortunately, prediction of disease progression is difficult by using these traditional biomarkers because of their little sensitivity and high LN heterogeneity at presentation. Therefore, continuous need of prognostic biomarker increases for effective treatment strategy these days. Prognostic biomarkers also help the pharmaceutical industry to develop more effective drug and reduce the chances of failure. Sensitivity, specificity and cost are some of the factors determining growth of the industry. The market demand of prognostic biomarkers will increase because of the factors like increasing population, increase in number of chronic diseases, increased investment in healthcare and many more.
Long term investments is one of the requirement essential for the novel systems and thus promoting growth of the industry. One of the commercialized prognostic biomarker assay kit is the Oncotype DX which determine the likelihood that breast cancer will come back in a patient after initial treatment. Similar research activity include Komen funded research projects on prognostic biomarkers which have investment of around $ 60 million in over 120 research grants.
Prognostic Biomarkers Market: Region-wise Outlook
North America dominates the global market because of increasing aging population and increasing innovation and technology. According to WHO cancer trends worldwide, North America is at the top followed by Europe. Furthermore, good reimbursement scenario in these countries increase the demand. Asia-pacific region market is expected to grow in the future because of increase in the number of contract research, increasing population and per capita income of people in these countries. Development of novel biomarkers and their increasing use also help in cutting down the healthcare cost thus promoting the growth of the industry.
Prognostic Biomarkers Market: Key Players
Some of the key players in the prognostic biomarkers industry include Roche diagnostics, Qiagen, Johnson and Johnson, GE Healthcare, Siemens Healthcare, Merck & Co. Inc. and many others.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
NOTE - All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Future Market Insights.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Prognostic Biomarkers Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Segmentation by Therapeutic Type
- Diabetes and others
Segmentation by End User
- Research Institutes
- Diagnostic labs
- Pharmaceutical Industry
- Academic Institutions
Segmentation by Application
- Drug discovery and research
- Clinical Trials
- Company Diagnostics
- Treatment Analysis
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, S. Africa, N. Africa)
Detailed overview of parent market
Changing market dynamics in the industry
In-depth market segmentation
Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
Recent industry trends and developments
Strategies of key players and products offered
Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
A neutral perspective on market performance
Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Prognostic Biomarkers Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Prognostic Biomarkers Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Prognostic Biomarkers Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Prognostic Biomarkers Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)