This Scuff Tester market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Scuff Tester market.
The scuff tester is an instrument which is used to test or determine the transfer of color from printed or coated material against rubbing. This equipment is widely used to check color transfer when one surface is rubbed against other. Scuff Resistance testers are designed as per standards such as ASTM F2497-05, BS 3110:1959. The scuff tester is also used to evaluate the rub resistance of prints on board or paper. The instrument can also be used to determine color transfer from coated or printed surface during rubbing.
The durability of polished, printed, or painted surfaces to resist scratch can be simulated by a scuff tester. The Scuff tester consists of a motorized assembly and a plunger arrangement to keep two samples facing each other.
Owing to continuous friction of samples, scuffing process is initiated. Once the test is finished, samples are taken for observation. Scuff testers are widely used in packaging industries for testing the scuffing of printed materials. The scuff tester can determine the effects of contact by materials, items, or humans by the use of single or dual surface scratch methods.
High Adoption of Scuff Testers in the Packaging Industry
There is wide adoption of the scuff testers in packaging industry as label on packages carry important information about the content inside. A manufacturer can’t afford to keep a misprinted or scuffed label on the products. Scuffing of the labels results in fading of the print owing to abrasion of paper and film.
The importance of the scuff tester is rising also in the field of packaged bottles, the purpose of the scuff tester is to simulate the vibration, rub, and pressure that takes place during packaging of bottles.
Upgradation of Scuff Testers by Manufacturers Fuelling Global Market Growth
The manufacturers in the scuff tester market are focusing on launching the improved and advanced scuff tester to check the scuffing pressure and resistance of the paper or material. Also, the ability to check printed material to withstand scuffing and marking during handling in conversion, distribution, packaging.
- In 2018, Qualitest International Inc., one of the prominent US based manufacturer of the scuff tester, launched the new generation scuff tester with scuffing pressure of 20 N, rubbing speed 44 times / minute, along with 4 test modes of wet rub, dry rub, wet transfer & wet bleed, and wet smear.
Some of these technological improvements done by the manufacturers of the scuff tester in the product is efficiently driving the growth of the scuff tester market across the globe.
Scuff Tester Market: Competitive Landscape
Some of the prominent key players in the Scuff Tester market are Presto Stantest Pvt. Ltd., Premier International, Qualitest International Inc., Norman Tool, Inc., Ubique Systems, Smithers Pira, Advanced Labels NW, SATRA Technology.
Scuff Tester Market: Regional Overview
On the basis of geography, Asia Pacific Excluding Japan is capturing the largest market share in the scuff tester market owing to increase in the number of packaging companies in the region. Due to increase in the number of paper and paper board companies, the need of scuff tester is rising in these countries due to high necessity for durability of printed information on the paper/label. These factors are potentially driving the scuff tester market in Asia Pacific Excluding Japan. In Europe the countries such as Germany, Spain, France, and Italy are expected to witness high adoption of scuff tester due to increase in number of pharmaceutical companies and healthcare firms across the region.
The Scuff tester market report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, and inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators, and governing factors, along with market attractiveness as per segment. The market report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies Involved in the Market
- Value Chain of the Market
- Market Drivers and Restraints
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Peru, Chile, Rest of LATAM)
- Europe (Germany, Italy, U.K, Spain, France, Nordic countries, BENELUX, Eastern Europe, Rest of Europe)
- CIS & Russia
- Asia Pacific Excluding Japan ( Greater China, India, South Korea, ASEAN Countries, Rest of APEJ)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, Turkey, Iran, Israel, S. Africa, Rest of MEA)
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Scuff Tester Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Scuff Tester Market: Segmentation
The Scuff Tester Market has been segmented on the basis of Product type, application type, End Use, and region.
Segmentation on the basis of product type:
Segmentation on the basis of application type:
- Printed Carton board
- Aluminum Film
- Printed Corrugated board
Segmentation on the basis of end use:
- Paper Mills
- Detailed overview of parent Scuff tester market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape of Scuff tester Market
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Scuff Tester Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Scuff Tester Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Scuff Tester Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Scuff Tester Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.