This Shale Gas Processing Equipment market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Shale Gas Processing Equipment market.
Shale gas processing equipment are used to process shale gas before transportation. Gas is transported through pipelines within the state as well as across states. To prepare shale gas for use, some of the components such as N2, H2S, heavy hydrocarbons, CO2 and water need to be removed by gas processing to meet safety, pipeline, environmental and quality specifications.
The technique used to remove contaminates depends upon certain properties of gas stream such as pressure, temperature, composition and flow rate.
Acid gas is mainly removed by absorption of CO2 and H2S into aqueous amine solution.
Natural gas having high content of water in reservoir is removed by dehydration using glycol to increase the heating value of gas and prevent pipeline corrosion. Water content can also be removed by passing the gas through molecular sieves, which bring down the level of water in natural gas to very low percentage for cryogenic separation.
Distillation is used for separation of nitrogen and other hydrocarbons from natural gas.
Hydraulic fracturing along with horizontal drilling have magnified the capability of producers to economically recover methane rich gas and crude oil from low-permeability geologic shale plays.
Shale Gas Processing Equipment Market: Market Dynamics
The continuous increase in shale gas demand is expected to accelerate the need for investments and exploration activities. This has propelled the need for shale gas processing equipment and shale gas processing infrastructure.
Accelerated demand for energy has led many companies to increase their exploration activities of unconventional fuel reserves to meet the high energy demand.
Properties such as higher calorific value and lower carbon emissions when compared to other conventional energy sources such as petroleum & coal are projected to further drive the market.
Stringent environmental policies and regulations for hydraulic fracturing implemented by Governments to protect public interests coupled with fluctuating natural gas prices are expected to hamper the shale gas processing equipment market. Hydraulic fracturing process consumes large amount of water for the production of shale gas, due to shortage and contamination of groundwater across the globe. This in turn is expected to retard the shale gas processing equipment market growth.
Shale Gas Processing Equipment Market: Regional Outlook
North America is slated to be one of the biggest market holders in the shale gas processing equipment market. The U.S. dominates the market in North America, as it is the hub of shale gas processing equipment due to the abundant shale reserves exploration. Advancement in technology and cost effective drilling techniques coupled with favourable Government regulations are slated to drive the shale gas processing equipment market in North America.
Due to the Governmental policies in China, it is expected that the country will emerge as a leader in shale gas exploration activities, which as a result will fuel the shale gas processing equipment market, surpassing North America during the forecast period.
Increasing exploration activities and strict Government policies to reduce petroleum consumption and increase the consumption of natural gas are expected to drive the shale gas processing equipment market in Asia Pacific region. Developing regions such as India, China, Brazil and South Africa are expected to create opportunities for the shale gas processing equipment market during the forecast period, but the less water availability for hydraulic fracturing process in some regions might hamper the growth of shale gas processing equipment market.
Europe is expected to exhibit growth in shale gas processing equipment market during the forecast period, especially in Western Europe, but due to strict Government rules and regulations regarding environment safety may slowdown the growth of shale gas processing equipment market in the region.
Shale Gas Processing Equipment Market: Market Participants
Examples of some of the market participants in the shale gas processing equipment market are Camaron, Honeywell UOP, GasTech Engineering LLC, Linde Engineering, Pall Corporation, Newpoint Gas LP, Exterran Corporation and Van Air Inc., among others.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, application, and industry.
The report covers exhaust analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, S. Africa, Northern Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Shale Gas Processing Equipment Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Shale Gas Processing Equipment Market: Market Segmentation
The shale gas processing equipment market can be segmented on the basis of component type as;
- Electrical machinery
- Internal combustion engines
- Compressors & pumps
- Measuring & controlling devices
- Heat exchangers.
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint.
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Shale Gas Processing Equipment Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Shale Gas Processing Equipment Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Shale Gas Processing Equipment Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Shale Gas Processing Equipment Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.