This Silage Additives market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Silage Additives market.
Silage Additives: Market Outlook
Business organizations or individuals that belong to the dairy and meat industry seldom come across challenges such as spoilage and shortage of good quality feed, and when they do, the industries take a massive hit as the feed stored for the cattle, sheep, and horses is meant to last for the entire dry or non-growing seasons. Silage is a type of nutrient-rich forage (fodder fed to livestock) made from fermented green foliage crops to feed the cattle, sheep, and horses during the dry season.
This silage is preserved and stored inside a silo (a structure for storing grains or animal feed) with the help of silage additives. Silage additives act as preservatives that drive fermentation, prevent microbes from robbing nutrients, and reduce effluent flow from the ensiled forage. Without silage additives, the silage fermentation is slow and results in loss of valuable protein and energy resources, further depleting the palatability and ease of dry matter intake by the livestock.
Different type of silage additives works differently, for example, silage additives containing anaerobic bacteria stimulate fermentation while silage additives containing acid and acid salts inhibit all the unwanted microbial activity responsible for silage degradation. Due to increasing global trends in the animal feed industry, the silage additives market showcases a positive outlook and steady growth trajectory.
Numerous Advantages of Silage over Hay to Anticipate the Growth of Silage Additives Market
Silage is grass and crops that are cut, fermented, compressed, and stored for the dry season, and therefore, is also known as pickled pasture. Silage stored in a silo has a moisture content between 40-60%, allowing it to retain a higher portion of nutrients as compared to the drying storage method used for hay. Also, the farm animals do not digest hay whereas silage can be easily digested by them.
This turns out to be a low-cost option for providing high energy feed and fattening ruminant cattle. Silage is better than hay in terms of nutritional content, digestibility, storability, and palatability. Thus, farmers and individuals from the dairy and meat industries prefer such popular feeding options and use silage additives to further enhance the feed quality.
Growing Demand for Silage Additives due to Increasing Production of Industrial Livestock
The demand for animal-based protein keeps on increasing day after day largely owing to higher demand for processed foods in the developed and developing nations. To meet this demand, commercial livestock producers, dairy businesses and several food outlets are pumping out greater outputs of meat and dairy products.
The boost in the production of industrial livestock would accelerate the demand for feed additives such as silage additives to supply the livestock with essential proteins and nutrients, ultimately providing the consumers with nutrition-rich high-quality meat and milk products.
Global Silage Additives: Key Players
The key players manufacturing silage additives are as follows –
- Pioneer Hi-Bred International, Inc.
- Volac International Limited
- Schaumann BioEnergy GmbH
- Josera GmbH & Co. KG
- BASF SE
- ADDCON, Chr.
- Hansen Holding A/S
- American Farm Products Inc.,
- Trouw Nutrition
- Micron Bio-Systems,
Opportunities for Global Silage Additives Market Participants:
Taking into consideration the factors such as urbanization, the rapid growth of meat-eating population, government sanctions for use of feed additives, thriving popularity of organic farming, and the increasing competitiveness in the animal feed industry, the key manufacturers of salvage additives should focus on developing new and better products at low operating costs.
The East Asian and the North American markets account for more than 40% of the world’s beef imports wherein North America bags the top spot. The European market offers a lucrative opportunity to the market players of silage additives due to its largest market share in milk exports. The South Asian and the Latin American markets are emerging as the top exporters of meat and thus promises a great amount of business in future to the silage additives market players.
The COVID-19 pandemic initially had a tremendous impact on the meat industry owing to the unconfirmed claims relating the spread of disease with other meat products. With increasing concerns over food hygiene, the world witnessed a downfall in the sales of milk and milk products as well.
In addition to this, the logistics and supply chain industry took a severe hit, thereby limiting the sale channels of silage feed additives. However, with world governments offering special relief packages to businesses and promoting continuity of work by implementing standard health and safety measures, the silage additive market is expected to experience a short term impact on its growth.
The Silage Additives market report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the silage additives market, including but not limited to: regional markets, nature, premix type, product type, and nature
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Silage additives market segment
- Silage additives market dynamics
- Silage additives market size
- Silage additives supply and demand
- Current trends/issues/challenges pertaining to silage additives market
- Competition landscape and emerging market participants in silage additives market
- Technology related to production/processing of silage additives
- Value chain analysis of the silage additives market
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Rest of Latin America)
- Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Italy, Spain, BENELUX, Poland, Russia, Nordic, Rest of Europe)
- East Asia (China, Japan, South Korea)
- South Asia (India, Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam, Indonesia)
- Oceania (Australia, New Zealand)
- Middle East & Africa (GCC Countries, South Africa, Rest of MEA)
The silage additives market report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analysing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the silage additives market report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Silage Additives Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Global Silage Additives: Market Segmentation
Based on Type, silage additives can be segmented as:-
- Homofermentative Inoculants
- Heterofermentative Inoculants
- Combination Products
- Acids and Acid Salts
- Molasses and Sugars
- Non-Protein Nitrogen (NPN) Compound
Based on Crop, silage additives can be segmented as:-
- Other crops (wheat, legumes, clovers, etc.)
Based on Function, silage additives can be segmented as:-
- Other functions (aerobic stability enhancer, moisture absorbent, and nutrition)
Based on Form, silage additives can be segmented as:-
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the silage additives market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the silage additives market
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Silage Additives Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Silage Additives Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Silage Additives Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Silage Additives Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)