This Softwood Lumber market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Softwood Lumber market.
The term ‘Softwood’ refers to the species of trees from which the wood can be reaped. Softwood lumber is usually a timber obtained from trees such as pine, cedar or spruce. The softwood timber is processed and the properties of the wood are optimized to be utilized in various applications. Moreover, the softwood obtained from various trees differ in their properties. Softwood lumber obtained from Cedar tree is one of the most durable owing to its unique cell structure and high resistance to water. Moreover, the softwood lumber obtained from fir tree is relatively weaker and is not considered suitable for utilization in general woodworking processes. Softwood lumber obtained from Pine tree is one of the most utilized softwood lumber famous for its applications in indoor applications because of its property of being non-resistant to insects. The other two commonly used Softwood lumber are Redwood and Treated lumber. Treated Softwood lumber is obtained when wood is made to undergo an intensive chemical treatment to prevent chemical decay. The lumber utilized for this purpose may originate from any of the softwoods. Furthermore, softwood lumber is utilized for various purposes including building construction, wood working, furniture making and fiber boards.
Softwood Lumber Market: Market Dynamics
Softwood Lumber market is heavily reliant on construction industry. As Softwood lumber is readily used as a building material in many constructional and interior designing projects, the softwood lumber market can be seen to have positive prospects for growth over the assessment period. Moreover, Softwood lumber is also used by many wood making professionals in furniture making and wood carving. This further increases the demand of softwood lumber thus promoting the expected stimulated growth of softwood lumber market in the coming years. Also, the use of softwood lumber is considered as environmental friendly as the softwood trees grow very fast as compared to hardwood trees. This increases the application of softwood timber in many industries as it can bypass the stringent government rules which would promote further augmentation of Softwood lumber market. Moreover, the Softwood lumber obtained from cedar trees does not crack easily which make it suitable for utilization in manufacturing of storage closets. Furthermore, softwood obtained from various other trees is also used for various applications including paneling, flooring, window frames and furniture making. This could be the prime reason for the increase in demand of softwood lumber in the coming years which would drive the growth of softwood lumber market.
Softwood lumber harvested from fir tree is considered to be weak for utilization in general woodworking processes. Moreover, various other types of Softwood lumber materials are not resilient to insects and decay. This limits their application in few areas thus restricting the growth of softwood lumber market over the assessment period. Furthermore, with advancement in construction technology many other alternatives have been developed which are been used in place of softwood lumber for numerous interior designing projects. This decreases the demand of softwood lumber thus hampering the growth of softwood lumber market.
Softwood Lumber Market: Regional Outlook
Softwood lumber market is heavily reliant on the construction industry. The Construction industry is expected to have a significant growth in Eastern European and Middle East regions. Owing to this the demand of softwood lumber is expected to increase over the coming years. This will certainly boost the expected growth of softwood lumber market in the coming years. North American region is enriched with softwood trees which are the main source of softwood lumber. Due to this many new market participants are expected to invest in the North American region to strengthen their foothold and expand their business. This could act as a prime reason for the expected growth of Softwood lumber market in North America. Moreover, Asia Pacific region is witnessing rapid urbanization, owing to this woodworking and interior designing industry are expected to grow. This would further support the augmentation of softwood lumber market in Asia Pacific Region.
Softwood Lumber Market: Key Participants
- Canfor Corporation
- West Fraser Timber Co.Ltd
- Talko Industries Ltd.
- Resolute fire products Ltd.
- Tembec Inc.
- Western forest products Inc.
- Weyerhaeuser Company
- Georgia-Pacific LLC
- Sierra Pacific Industries
- Interfor Corporation
- EACOM Timber Corporation
- McRae Lumber Company
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, application, and industry.
The report covers exhaust analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, S. Africa, Northern Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Softwood Lumber Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Softwood Lumber Market: Market Segmentation
On the basis of Type, global Softwood lumber market can be segmented into:
- Treated lumber
On the basis of End use industries, global Softwood lumber market can be segmented into:
- Construction industry
- Packaging industry
- Manufacturing industry
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint.
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Softwood Lumber Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Softwood Lumber Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Softwood Lumber Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Softwood Lumber Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.