This Solar Encapsulation Materials market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Solar Encapsulation Materials market.
Solar Encapsulation Materials Market: Introduction
Solar encapsulation materials are used to offer adhesions between the top surfaces and rear surfaces of solar cells or solar photovolataics. Solar encapsulation materials are stable at elevated temperatures and high UV exposures, owing to their high thermal resistivity and great durability. Solar encapsulates are manufactured from various materials such as ethylene vinyl acetate, polyvinyl butyral, polydimethylsiloxane, ionomer, thermoplastic polyurethane, and polyolefin. Generally, solar encapsulation materials are available in the form of sheets. Solar encapsulation material sheets are sandwiched in between the top and rear surface, and then they are polymerized by heating them up to 150 to 160O C till the solar encapsulation material forms a bond with the PV module. Ethylene vinyl acetate is the most commonly used solar encapsulations material.
Solar Encapsulation Materials Market: Dynamics
Over the years, the world has experienced momentous population growth and rising urbanization. Increased population combined with surging urbanization is constantly boosting the demand for energy generation and storage. The urgency to boost energy generation in order to meet current and future energy demands has led to the exploration of numerous renewable energy resources. Increased exploration of renewable energy resources has boosted the adoption of solar energy.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
The growing demand for solar energy and solar photovoltaic modules will drive the growth of the solar encapsulation materials market. The demand for roof top photovoltaic solar panels has increased, owing to market-supporting solar energy programs, coupled with an increase in the demand for alternative green renewable sources of energy. This will positively impact the growth of the solar encapsulation materials market. Excellent physical and chemical properties such as high durability and thermal resistivity will elevate the demand for solar encapsulation materials. Increasing government initiatives combined with market-supporting programs have boosted the demand for solar energy as an effective and alternate solution to reduce carbon footprint. Along with this, the demand for PV installations in residential and commercial buildings has gained a lot of attraction, which is anticipated to create potential growth opportunities for the solar encapsulation materials market. Increasing R&D activities for enhancing the efficacy and durability of solar cells will positively impact the growth of the solar encapsulation materials market. The important challenge in the solar encapsulation materials market is to maintain uniformity and necessary cross-linking or curing levels to safeguard strong adhesion and stable laminates.
Solar Encapsulation Materials Market: Regional Outlook
Emerging economies such as India and China have increased the production of solar technology devices due to increasing governmental initiatives and rising demand for alternative energy solutions. The growing construction industry coupled with the increasing adoption of solar photovoltaics is estimated to make Asia Pacific a promising market for solar encapsulation materials. Increasing regulations regarding conventional energy sources in developed economies such as North America and Europe have increased the demand for green renewable energy technologies. The increased installation of solar photovoltaics on the roof tops of commercial and residential buildings will make North America and Europe prominent markets for solar encapsulation materials. The increasing demand for continuous and uninterrupted energy supply due to irregular electricity networks, along with increasing government initiatives is expected to make LAMEA a high potential market for solar encapsulation materials.
Solar Encapsulation Materials Market: Key Participants
Examples of some of the market participants operating in the global solar encapsulation materials market are Targray Technology International Inc., KURARAY EUROPE GMBH, 3M Renewable Energy, ACC Silicones, Akcome Film & Applied New Materials, Aeonian Photovoltaic, Arkema, Brij Encapsulants, C. I. Kasei Company, Dongke Energy, and Dilong PV, among others.
The solar encapsulation materials market research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market, and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The solar encapsulation materials market research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geography, material type, semiconductor technology, and end use.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand Scenario
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges in the Solar Encapsulation Materials Market
- Competition & Companies Involved
- Technology Used in the Solar Encapsulation Materials Market
- Value Chain of the Solar Encapsulation Materials Market
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Peru)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K., Spain, BENELUX, Nordics)
- Eastern Europe (Russia, Poland, CIS)
- Asia-Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, South Korea)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, South Africa, Turkey, Iran, Israel)
The solar encapsulation materials market report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, and inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators, and governing factors, along with market attractiveness as per segment. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Solar Encapsulation Materials Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Solar Encapsulation Materials Market: Segmentation
The global solar encapsulation materials market can be segmented on the basis of material type, semiconductor technology, and end use:
By Material Type:
- Ethylene Vinyl Acetate (EVA)
- Polyvinyl Butyral (PVB)
- Polydimethylsiloxane (PDMS)
- Thermoplastic Polyurethane (TPU)
By Semiconductor Technology:
- Single Crystalline
- Poly Crystalline
- Thin Film Amorphous
- Cadmium Telluride (CdTe)
- Copper Indium Gallium Selenide (CIGS)
- Amorphous Silicon (a-Si)
By End Use:
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape of the solar encapsulation materials market
- Strategies of key players and products offered in market
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Solar Encapsulation Materials Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Solar Encapsulation Materials Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Solar Encapsulation Materials Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Solar Encapsulation Materials Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.