This Solar Inverter market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Solar Inverter market.
With the increasing prevalence of alternative energy sources and growing number of technological innovations, the solar power industry is gaining ever-increasing importance in the commercial and residential landscape. Government support and rising concerns over environmental pollution are anticipated to boost the global solar inverter market through the forecast period.
Government Initiatives toward Sustainable and Green Technologies to Drive Solar Inverter Market
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Similarly, Dubai’s state utility, the Dubai Electricity and Water Authority (DEWA) has agreed to update a power purchase agreement (PPA) with a consortium led by Saudi Arabia energy company ACWA Power to increase the capacity of the fourth phase of the Dubai solar park from 700MW to 950MW. The project aims to have a final capacity of 5,000MW of solar powered energy by 2030 at a cost of AED50 Bn (US$13.6Bn), thereby, increasing the widespread adoption of solar inverters, in the coming years.
Module level power electronics in solar inverters are expected to witness a high rate of demand owing to reduced requirements of maintenance, lower installation costs and high solar power production, such as those produced by SMA Solar Technology AG.
Market players are also offering higher durability in their equipment along with extended guarantees to buyers, which means that users can now expect to have solar invertors which have a guarantee of approximately 12 years, which can be further extended to even 25 years. This is expected to push the market forward in the years to come.
On the other hand, a gradual but constant drop in prices is expected to lower revenues for solar inverter market players and act as the major constraining factor for the market. Another challenge for market players is the high cost of maintenance required to operate a solar inverter setup.
Inadequate Supply of Supplementary Energy Sources to Boost Asia Pacific Solar inverter Market
Developing economies such as India and China constantly face the serious problem of intermittent power outages. As a result the demand for inverters in the recent past has overtaken supply. In addition, government initiatives such as the India’s national solar mission are also significantly pushing the solar inverter market in the region. For instance, NABARD is providing 40% subsidy for those who are purchasing solar inverters, in addition to making loans available for half the cost through commercial banks.
The Latin America region is also expected to provide large and lucrative opportunities of growth to market players owing to a nascent energy infrastructure and industry in numerous countries of the region including Mexico, Argentina, Chile, Brazil Uruguay and Paraguay. Mexico alone has successfully held 7 gigawatts of installed capacity in the past 2 years at record low prices.
On the other hand, Europe is expected to see a relatively slow rate of growth for the solar inverter market, owing to fall in equipment prices in most areas of this region resulting from constant price pressure on equipment suppliers, a rise in anti-dumping tariffs on Chinese manufactured components, depreciation of the Euro and a downward trend on minimum import prices.
Key Solar Inverter Market Players are Focusing on Technological Innovations to Boost Efficiency
A number of the major players in the solar inverter market are focusing on research and development activities to improve on inverter performance and improved consumer service through tech innovations.
For example, Sungrow Power has introduced a solar inverter which make use of a single switching transistor and provide users with a an immense range of voltage levels as opposed to conventional counterparts which provide only a single voltage level even with multiple transistors.
SolarEdge has also introduced a number innovative solar inverter products where the power optimized gauges power point tracking and voltage management separately. This results in the inverter only working on converting DC to AC, which ensures operational faculty regardless of temperature or string length. In addition the company has also developed compact solar inverters for homes which have highly limited roof space.
Siemens has developed a three phase inverter which makes use of a technology to maintain fixed voltage which remains unchanged despite changes in the environment or the number of modules that are present in a string. Data from the inverter can also be monitored and accessed through the internet for an improved facet of analysis.
In addition, companies are also focusing on increasing production capacity, to meet the growing demand. For instance, Bonfiglioli has recently increased its capacity from nearly 200 MW to more than 500 MW.
Other major key players in the solar inverter market include Emerson Electric Company, Schneider Electric Co., Power-one Inc., SMA Solar Technology AG, and KACO New Energy inc. among others.
This detailed report on the solar inverter market gives a complete assessment at regional and global levels to extract actionable insights along with relevant and reliable information, which has been supported ably by extensive research. The report helps readers gain a greater comprehension about the competitive scenario and lucrative business opportunities in the future.
Segmentation Breakdown of the Global Solar Inverter Market
The global solar inverter market can be categorized on the basis of technology and end use. In terms of technology, solar inverters can be divided into central inverters, micro-inverters, string inverters and power optimizers. On the terms of end use solar inverters can be categorized into Industrial, commercial, residential and utility inverters.
The report is a compilation of first-hand data about the solar inverter market on a quality and quantity basis, obtained from prominent industry analysts and experts. The complete study of market trends, market attractiveness, and economic factors for a better understanding of the effect each factor will have on the various regional market and also for each segment.
NOTE - All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Future Market Insights.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Solar Inverter Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
The report has a full examination of essential factors such as:
- Driving Factors – Crucial market influencers that create a significant impact on the market situation.
- Market Segmentation – Breakdown of key market categories for a good understanding of each area.
- Supply and Demand
- Market Value – The size of the global market
- Trends and Challenges – Trending factors that affect market growth and obstacles that market players are likely to face.
- Technology – The changes in the scope of the market arising from new technologies.
- Competitive Analysis – Strategic activities of key market players
In addition to this the report also contains a regional market analysis of the following geographic areas.
- Western Europe solar inverter market (Germany, France Italy, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe solar inverter market (Poland, Russia)
- North America solar inverter market (U.S., Canada)
- South America solar inverter market (Brazil, Mexico, Rest of Latin America)
- Asia Pacific excluding Japan (APEJ) solar inverter market (China, India, Australia, New Zealand and ASEAN)
- Japan solar inverter market
- Africa and Middle East solar inverter market (S. Africa, N. Africa, GCC Countries, and Rest of MEA)
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Solar Inverter Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Solar Inverter Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Solar Inverter Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Solar Inverter Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.