This Sulphuric Acid market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Sulphuric Acid market.
Sulfuric acid is a diprotic acid that exhibits different variety of properties depending upon its concentration. Sulphuric acid has the biggest output of any chemical in the world. Sulphuric acid is majorly used in the manufacture of chemicals to make sulfate salts, pigments, dyes, nitric acid, sulfate salts, and others. It also serves as the electrolyte in the lead acid storage battery.
Sulphuric acid is widely used in the production of phosphate fertilizers. Sulphuric acid is a complex market that involves the chemistry of product supply and demand. There is variation in pricing of Sulphuric acid between regions depending upon the regulations and concentrations. There are four stages in the manufacturing of sulphuric acid that includes extraction of sulphur, conversion of Sulphur into sulphur dioxide, then converting sulphur dioxide to sulphur trioxide, and final conversion of sulphur trioxide to sulphuric acid.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Global Sulphuric Acid Market: Drivers
The Global Sulphuric Acid Market is mainly driven by the growing demand for Sulphur based fertilizers. Rising demand for sulphuric acid in the oil & gas industry and waste water treatment is expected to drive the sulphuric acid market for the forecasted period.
Global Sulphuric Acid: Restraints
Restraints for the global sulphuric acid market include stringent government regulations that are restricting its use, and high raw material prices. Some of the reasons that are hampering the growth of this market include effects on human health such as skin irritation, eyes irritation, skin sensitiveness and others.
Global Sulphuric Acid Market: Segmentation
Global Sulphuric Acid: Region-wise Outlook
The global Sulphuric Acid is projected to witness a moderate growth from 2015 to 2025. According to FMI’s forecast, the market in Asia-Pacific is expected to show the fastest CAGR for the forecasted period due to increasing demand for consumer products from countries such as Japan, China, and India.
Europe and North America are leading markets of global Sulphuric Acid. Latin America market is also expected to grow due to rapid industrialization. Due to the prevalence of base metal smelters in Japan and South Korea, these regions have significant sources of sulphuric acid traded in the market.
Global Sulphuric Acid Market: Competitive Landscape
Key players in the global Sulphuric Acid market are doing product innovations, expansions and mergers and acquisitions in order to expand their geographic reach. Companies in this market are focusing on finding newer applications for Sulphuric Acids in order to increase their shares in the market.
Global Sulphuric Acid Market: Key Players
Some of the major players of the global Sulphuric Acid market are Tampa Electric, Chemtrade Refinery, The Mosaic, Lucite International, Climax Molybdenum, Valero Energy, Solvay, DuPont, Akzonobel N.V., BASF and others.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and participants from across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors, along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
NOTE - All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Future Market Insights.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Sulphuric Acid Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Global Sulphuric Acid market is segmented by: application, manufacturing process, and by region.
- By Application:
- Phosphate Fertilizers
- Chemical Manufacturing
- Agricultural Chemistry
- Electrolyte In Lead-Acid Storage Battery
- Metal Processing
- By Manufacturing Process:
- Lead Chamber Process
- Contact Process
- Wet Sulfuric Acid Process
- Sulphuric Acids By Region:
- North America
- Latin America
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Asia pacific (APEJ)
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
The report deliver an exhaustive analysis on Global Sulphuric Acid market share
- Sulphuric Acid Market Segments
- Sulphuric Acid Market Dynamics
- Historical Actual Market Size, 2012 - 2014
- Sulphuric Acid Market Size & Forecast 2015 to 2025
- Supply & Demand Value Chain
- Sulphuric Acid Market Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
- Sulphuric Acid Market Drivers and Restraints
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East & Africa (GCC, S. Africa, N. Africa)
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics of the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and product offerings
- Potential and niche segments/regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective towards market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Sulphuric Acid Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Sulphuric Acid Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Sulphuric Acid Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Sulphuric Acid Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.