Systemic Lupus Erythematous (SLE) Drugs Market: Key Players
This Systemic Lupus Erythematous Sle Drugs market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Systemic Lupus Erythematous Sle Drugs market.
Systemic Lupus Erythematous (SLE) is a chronic autoimmune disease which causes the immune system to mistakenly attack health body tissue. In SLE, body immune system can affect any part of the body, such as joints, organs, eyes, skin, etc. Often SLE can result in symptoms such as malar rash, discoid lesions, sub-acute cutaneous lesions, photosensitivity, oral ulcers, arthritis, serositis, nephropathy, neurologic involvement, thrombocytopenia, haemolytic anemia, fever, Raynaud’s phenomenon, livedo reticularis, thrombosis, and myositis. It is also known as a disease of flare-ups and remissions and can range from mild to life threatening severity. It is also called as drug-induced lupus erythematosus due to common observation against drugs such as isoniazid, hydralazine and procainamide. Currently, there is no complete treatment for SLE. While only two biologic agents have been approved by FDA to treat SLE, synthetic drugs are still the mainstay of therapy in SLE. Based on available evidence, azathioprine and mycophenolate mofetil are the drugs of first choice. Hydroxychloroquine should be considered an anchor drug in SLE because of the multiple beneficial effects of this agent.
Systemic Lupus Erythematous (SLE) Drugs Market: Drivers & Restraints
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Systemic Lupus Erythematous (SLE) Drugs Market: Segmentation
The global systemic lupus erythematous drugs market is classified on the basis of molecule and region.
Systemic Lupus Erythematous (SLE) Drugs Market: Overview
The global systemic lupus erythematous drugs market key players are Anthera Pharmaceuticals BMS, GSK, ImmuPharma, Merck Serono, UCB, Amgen, HGS, Immunomedics, Johnson and Johnson, MedImmune, Sanofi, Teva Pharmaceutical Industries.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to categories such as market segments, geographies, accessories and applications.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
NOTE - All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Future Market Insights.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Systemic Lupus Erythematous Sle Drugs Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Based on type of molecule, the global systemic lupus erythematous drugs market is segmented into the following:
- Non-Steroidal Anti-inflammatory Drugs (NSAIDs)
- Over-the-counter NSAIDs include
- Ibuprofen (Motrin)
- Naproxen (Naprosyn)
- Prescription versions include
- Indomethacin (Indocin)
- Nabumetone (RELAFEN)
- Celecoxib (Celebrex)
- Over-the-counter NSAIDs include
- Acetaminophen (Tylenol)
- Disease-Modifying Anti-Rheumatic Drugs (DMARDs)
- Hydroxychloroquine (Plaquenil).
- Cyclosporine (Gengraf, Neoral, Sandimmune)
- Azathioprine (Azasan, Imuran)
- Chloroquine (Aralen)
- Hydroxychloroquine (Plaquenil)
- BLyS-specific Inhibitors or Monoclonal Antibodies (MAbS)
- Belimumab (Benlysta)
- Immunosuppressive Agents/Immune Modulators
- Azathioprine (Imuran)
- Methotrexate (Rheumatrex)
- Cyclophosphamide (Cytoxan)
- Low-dose aspirin
- Heparin (Calciparine, Liquaemin)
- Warfarin (Coumadin)
Global systemic lupus erythematous drugs market growth is fast in North American region and is estimated to project remarkable CAGR growth throughout forecast period. In North America, the SLE is more prevalent among Hispanics, Asians, and Native Americans according to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). The second largest and fastest growing global systemic lupus erythematous drugs market is Europe and is projected to reach nearly US$ 550 Mn and register a double digit CAGR due to higher prevalence of SLE in Europe. Among the European countries Sweden, Iceland, Spain had the highest prevalence according to Lupus Journal article, published in 2006. A drug called hydroxychloroquine being the last drug was approved by FDA in 1955 for SLE treatment. Recently, a drug called belimumab has been approved by FDA after 50 years long gap specifically for SLE on March 9, 2011. It is the first ever targeted biological drug for the treatment of SLE patients developed by Human Genome Sciences Inc. in collaboration with GlaxoSmithKline. It will be the primary driver for global systemic lupus erythematous drugs market growth in the US, France, Germany, Italy Spain, the UK and Japan. Benlysta will lead market sales in coming years because of its excellent safety profile as well as proven efficacy in clinical trials. NSAIDS such as Ibuprofen and aspirin are widely prescribed drugs for suppressing symptoms of SLE. Immunosuppressants by Roche (CellCept (Mycophenolate mofetil), by Novartis (Neoral (Cyclosporine)), by GSK (Imuran (Azathioprine)) are also commonly prescribed for SLE treatment. Additionally, the entry of four first-in-class (FIC) biologics such as Bristol-Myers Squibb’s Orencia (abatacept), atacicept, epratuzumab and LY2127399 are anticipated to show a major role in the expansion of the global systemic lupus erythematous drugs market.
Systemic Lupus Erythematous (SLE) Drugs Market: Key Players
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain, Nordic countries, BENELUX)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC and S. Africa)
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Systemic Lupus Erythematous Sle Drugs Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Systemic Lupus Erythematous Sle Drugs Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Systemic Lupus Erythematous Sle Drugs Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Systemic Lupus Erythematous Sle Drugs Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)