This Tetanus market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Tetanus market.
Tetanus also known as lockjaw, is an acute disease caused by the bacterium clostridium tetani which are present in the environment and particularly found in the soil of moist and warm areas. It is characterized by convulsive spasms and generalized rigidity of the skeletal muscles. The muscles stiffness is found to be occurred in the jaw and neck first and then become generalized. During the early 1920’s a method for inactivating tetanus by the use of formaldehyde was introduced by Ramon, which led to the development of tetanus toxoid in 1924. Tetanus following injuries in children and adult may constitute a considerable public health problem. The mortality of tetanus can be 100% if it is not treated. The infection can be treated through vaccination and other medication treatment.
Tetanus Market: Drivers & Restraints
The Tetanus market is expected to grow exponentially during the forecast period, primarily due to the rise in research and development practices, increased awareness about the disease prevention and treatment, and increased healthcare expenditure. The high expenditure in R&D is the key factor contributing in the growth of global tetanus market. The large number of products such as GSK-217744, LVBF-0101, TAK-361S and others are undergoing the clinical trials currently. Though the market seems optimistic in coming years, side effects associated with the treatment, high costs of R&D, along with stringent regulatory procedures in some of the key nations can led to some negative impact on this industry. The procurement of tetanus vaccination by the UNICEF, WHO and other government initiatives for the prevention and treatment of tetanus are expected to create the growth opportunities for the global tetanus market.
Tetanus Market: Overview
It is mandatory that the children younger than 7 years of age should get either DTaP or pediatric DT. The Persons of age 7 or older should get the adult formulation known as adult Td, even if the series of DTaP or pediatric DT is not completed. Usually, Tetanus toxoid is administered in combination with diphtheria toxoid, as the boosting is required for both antigens periodically. Thus, the market for tetanus toxoid and diphtheria toxoid are expected to enhance the overall growth of tetanus market. The FDA has approved two brands of Tdap: Boostrix which is approved for persons of 10 years of age and older and Adacel which is approved for persons of 10 through 64 years of age. DTaP and Tdap vaccines do not contain thimerosal as a preservative.
Tetanus Market: Region-wise Outlook
Demand for tetanus market is expected to generate from developing economies including MEA and Asia Pacific. The government focus towards providing reliable healthcare solution, increasing healthcare expenditure and key innovations driven by some of the key industry leaders are expected to contribute in the overall growth of tetanus market in North America and Europe. The demand of Td vaccine is found to be limited as compared to that of TT vaccines. The stringent vaccine regulatory environments and licensing in some countries are expected limit access to vaccines, as not all the manufacturers would have licensed Td vaccines in all countries procuring through UNICEF.
Tetanus Market: Key Players
Some of the key market players of global tetanus are BB-NCIPD, PT Bio Farma, Biological E, Sanofi, GlaxoSmithKline, Serum Institute of India Pvt. Ltd., Accord Healthcare Inc., Shanha Biotechniques Pvt Ltd,
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to categories such as market segments, geographies, types, technology and applications.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, S. Africa, N. Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Tetanus Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Tetanus Market: Segmentation
The Tetanus market is classified on the basis of product type, end user, and geography.
Based on product type, the tetanus market is segmented into the following:
- Tetanus immune globulin (TIG)
- Intravenous immune globulin (IVIG) containing tetanus antitoxin
- Tetanus toxoid (TT)
- Tetanus-diphtheria (Td)
- Diphtheria toxoid and acellular pertussis vaccine (DTaP)
Based on end user, the Tetanus market is segmented into the following:
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Tetanus Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Tetanus Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Tetanus Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Tetanus Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)