This Thin Film Photovoltaic Modules market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Thin Film Photovoltaic Modules market.
Renewable energy resources have the potential to meet the growing energy demand through the use of renewable energy resources such as solar, wind, hydropower, geothermal, etc. Photovoltaic technology is one of the most favoured renewable energy technologies. Photovoltaic (PV) generates electricity using solar cells. The photovoltaic effect allows semiconductors to generate electricity using sunlight through an electronic process. Solar cells are manufactured either from crystalline silicon photovoltaic cells or thin- film photovoltaic cells. When it comes to converting sunlight to electricity, thin-film cells commonly offer lower efficiency in comparison to silicon cells. However, thin film cells are simple and less expensive to produce. However silicon cells are expensive to manufacture.
The photovoltaic module holds many PV cells together, arranged in a parallel sequence, to enhance the output of current and generate higher voltage. Thesilicon material is vaporized and deposited on glass or stainless steel using three commercial production technologies namely single-crystalline technology, polycrystalline or multi-crystalline technology and thin film technology. Thin film photovoltaic modules use thinner photovoltaic material than mono or multi-crystalline photovoltaic modules. The cell structure of thin film modules is less susceptible to shadow and offers a more flexible design which has led to numerous applications such as curved surfaces, building-integrated photovoltaic, etc. Thin film photovoltaic cells consist of 10 nm thick layers of active materials. Crystalline-silicon cells, in comparison, consist of 200 to 300 nanometre thick layer of crystalline-silicon cells. Thin film photovoltaic modules are easy to install and offer excellent performance under a diverse set of climatic conditions such as diffused sunlight and indirect sunlight conditions. In contrast to crystalline silicon panels which are installed on strong rooftops with its rough mounting framework tilted at a fixed degree, thin film photovoltaic panels are rolled out and directly attached to the housetop even without racks or weak support. Though thin film panels require more roof space for the same power output, their installation is easy and cost effective.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Thin Film Photovoltaic Modules: Market Dynamics
The market for thin-film photovoltaic modules relies heavily on supply-driven market situation and currently, there is a strong demand for low-cost thin film photovoltaic modules in the market. Owing to improvements in technology made possible through the use of new materials and reduced cost, manufacturing of thin film photovoltaic modules has scaled up. However, the declining cost of silicon and hence, the increasing affordability of silicon-based photovoltaic panels such as mono and polycrystalline may act as a restraining factor the thin film photovoltaic modules market. Moreover, both copper indium gallium selenide (CIGS) and cadmium telluride (CdTe) are toxic substances and stringent government regulations related to cadmium-related products could hamper the sale of thin film photovoltaic modules made from cadmium telluride.
Thin Film Photovoltaic Modules: Regional Outlook
Owing to increased demand for solar energy, especially in Germany, Spain and Italy, the Europe region accounts for a significant market share of the total thin film photovoltaic modules market. Thin film photovoltaic modules are economical and work well when installed on roofs that face East, West or North. China and Japan could be the key markets for thin film photovoltaic modules in the Asia-Pacific region during the forecast period.
Thin Film Photovoltaic Modules: Key Players
Some of the key market participants identified across the value chain of the global thin film photovoltaic market are:
- First Solar
- Solar Frontier (Japan)
- Kaneka Corporation (Japan)
- Moser Baer Solar Limited
- SUNERG Solar s.r.l. (Italy)
- Bosch Solar Thin Film GmbH
- NanoPV technologies Inc.
- Calyxo GmbH
- HHV Solar (India)
- Solibro GmbH
- Sulfurcell Solartechnik GmbH
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geography, technology and applications.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends and Issues and Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Rest Of Latin America)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia, Rest Of Eastern Europe)
- Asia Pacific Excluding Japan (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC countries, S. Africa, N. Africa, Rest Of MEA)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Thin Film Photovoltaic Modules Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Thin Film Photovoltaic Modules: Market Segmentation
On the basis of product type, the global thin film photovoltaic modules market is segmented into:
- Copper indium gallium selenide (CIGS)
- Amorphous silicon (a-Si)
- Cadmium telluride (CdTe)
On the basis of application, the global thin film photovoltaic modules market is segmented into:
- Building-Integrated Photovoltaics (BIPV)
- Roof –top applications
- Utility scale applications
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Thin Film Photovoltaic Modules Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Thin Film Photovoltaic Modules Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Thin Film Photovoltaic Modules Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Thin Film Photovoltaic Modules Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.