This Thinned Starch market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Thinned Starch market.
Market Outlook for Thinned Starch Market:
Thinned starch is an acid modified starch prepared by partially depolymerization by treatment with an acid or an oxidant that decreases amylase content in the starch. Thinned starch is also called as fluidity starch as it is less viscous on the application of heat. The thinned starch is a reaction product of granular starch, acid and stabilizing agent. Thinned starches exhibit low heat viscosity, ability to dissolve in cold water, and have a high adhesive and binding power. The thinned starch is used as a binder in the coating composition for paper and paperboard. Native starches compared to modified thinned starch have weak intermolecular bonding and gelatinized very easily and produce high viscosity starch.
Thinned Starch market growth in the food & beverage industry:
Thinned starch is predominantly consumed in food and beverage industry due to various improved characteristics that are not offered by other starches such as native starch. Thinned starch is derived from natural sources and is a clean label product which makes it attractive to the major starch manufacturing companies and also to the end-product consumers.
Native starches produced normally are cohesive and rubbery in nature, modification to thinned starch brings about improvement in the functional properties such as increased tolerance to heat, shear, and acid associated food and food processing conditions. This modified thinned starch with improved properties in viscosity, solubility, stability, gel and film formation, and clarity of product finds a variety of application in different industries mainly Food and Beverages and pharmaceutical industry. Thinned starch is finding various application in the textile and paper industry to replace other expensive materials due to easy availability of its sources and low-cost value.
Global Thinned Starch market: Key players
Major producers of thinned starch include Cargill Inc, Ingredion Inc., Tate & Lyle Inc., Roquette Freres, Archer Daniel Midlands Company, Agrana Starke GmbH., Everest Starch India Pvt. Ltd., Grain Processing Corporation, Visco Starch Manufacturers, SPAC Starch Products Ltd., and MGP Ingredients etc.
Global Thinned Starch market: Key developments
Non-GMO Project: Modified thinned starch has been now included in a Non-GMO Project. Several of major players such as MGP Ingredients, Tate & Lyle has introduced series of new modified Non-GMO verified starches into the market.
Paint and varnish industry, Jan. 2018: Researchers at the Fraunhofer Institute for Applied Polymer Research IAP, in cooperation with the Fraunhofer Institute for Manufacturing Engineering and Automation IPA, are developing a modified starch product derived from a renewable raw material that will be a cost-effective and eco-friendly to substitute expensive binders or film former. Their focus is mainly on potato starch. Modified starch has been used in paints and varnishes as an additive but with starch as a major component of water-based dispersion, adhesion results have improved.
Global Thinned Starch market: Opportunity
The market for thinned starch might grow due to increased demand by the end-use manufacturing industries such as food and beverages, pharmaceutical, textile etc. Rising demand for convenience food due to hectic lifestyle in many countries as well as development in the healthcare sector and the pharmaceutical industry are the main reasons for growth in the global thinned starch market. Emerging economies such as India and China are likely to show the high-growth opportunity to thinned starch.
Also, rapid growth in high-tech technologies and improvement in R&D to produce novel and innovative product to satisfy the large group of a consumer having different eating habits boosts the market growth for thinned starch.
With water supply decreasing due to global warming and more mouths to feed due to increasing population, sorghum a semiarid crop is emerging as an important future crop as a source of starch. Knowledge about sorghum processing is limited. India is the largest producer of sorghum in the world which might have increased opportunity in the thinned starch market.
Acid-treated thinned starch can sometimes cause the formation of off-note in delicacy flavored foods. This is one drawback that limits the opportunity for thinned starch. Adding modified thinned starch for a specific application, the desired flavor profile of the end product should be kept in mind, and also impact of the chosen starch on that flavor.
Brief Approach to Research:
A modeling-based approach and triangulation methodology to estimate data covered was used in this report. A detailed market understanding and assessment of the product types and end uses of the target product are covered in the study. Key data points collected for modeling approach are the production of milk and milk products, average yield, amount of milk consumed directly v/s amount that is further processed into whey, casein, and other ingredients. Also, other key data points were included in the report, such as demand v/s supply, consumption v/s production, exporting and importing geographies, key trends, opportunity, drivers, and restraints and to analyze key players and their market shares. The statistics and data are collected at a regional level, consolidated and synthesized at a global level to estimate the overall market sizes.
Key data points covered in the report:
Some of the key data points explained in the report are:
- An overview of the thinned starch market, including background and evolution
- Market dynamics, such as drivers, restraints, challenges and trends
- The cost structure of the products and segments covered in the study
- In-depth pricing analysis, by key product segments, by major market participants
- Analysis of supply and demand, the major producer and consumer by geographies, imports/exports
- Competitive landscape of the thinned starch market, including detailed profiles of the top players in this market
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, application and industry.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Peru)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K., Spain, BENELUX, Nordic, Eastern Europe)
- CIS and Russia
- Asia-Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, South Korea)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, South Africa, Turkey, Iran, Israel)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Thinned Starch Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Global Thinned Starch market segmentation:
Thinned Starch market segmentation on the basis of the form:
Thinned Starch market segmentation on the basis of the source:
- Others (yam, rice etc.)
Thinned Starch market segmentation on the basis of application:
Thinned Starch market segmentation on the basis of end use:
- Soups, sauces, & gravies
- Batters & coatings
- Meat & fish
- Infant milk formula
- Animal & fish Feed
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Thinned Starch Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Thinned Starch Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Thinned Starch Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Thinned Starch Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)