This Starch Derived Fiber market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Starch Derived Fiber market.
Starch-derived Fiber: Market Outlook
Starch is one of the most abundant polysaccharides, and is easily available, which drives the market towards itself. Globally, the U.S. and Mexico, are the largest producers of corn, which is one of the most used raw materials for starch production. Leading companies such as Cargill Inc. and Ixtlera are now focusing on starch-derived fibers and have come up with various products in the market. Due to its increasing demand and application in various industries, the market is growing and it is anticipated that there would be higher returns for investors in the future.
Growing Demand for Starch-derived Fiber in the Textile, Food, and Healthcare Industries
Biotechnology has played a remarkable role in the last few decades, which has led to the making of various innovative products that are economical and very effective to fulfill the demands of the market. Starch is a homogeneous polysaccharide, spherical, and is used as a food storage in plants. In order to make fiber from starch granules, it is restructured to make into the fibrous form. Starch-derived fibers are utilized as dietary fibers in various food processing industries. Various companies are applying starch-derived fibers in textile industries as a substitute for jute and other synthetic fibers. Recently, it is being applied in healthcare industries for the controlled release of drugs in the body. Starch-derived nanofibers are made into a scaffold, onto which fibroblasts are grown on and utilized for wound healing. Starch-derived fibers are also being utilized as bioplastics, which can replace the conventional plastic and is a good substitute to get rid of the increasing plastic waste.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Global Starch-derived Fiber Market: Key Players
Some of the key players operating in the global starch-derived fiber market are Ixtlera, Cargill Inc., Dadtco Phil Africa B.V., Alliance Grain Traders Inc., Pocantico Resources, Ingredion Incorporated, Archer Daniels Midland, HL Agro, Viva Pharmaceutical Inc., and Watson Inc. More pharmaceutical and food industries are showing keen interest in producing starch-derived fiber as its demand is increasing.
Opportunities for Market Participants
Since starch-derived fiber is being used as a key constituent in multiple industries such as pharmaceuticals, food and fodder, biotechnology laboratories, regenerative medicine, and others, it is anticipated that starch-derived fiber will vitalize the growing demand in such industries. As research and development in regenerative medicine is increasing, starch-derived fiber is one of the prominent sources to fulfill the demand. With the preference towards a healthy lifestyle, and opting for high fibrous and low-calorie food in the diet, prominent growth is expected during the forecast period. Starch-derived fibers can be made into soluble, non-digestible forms, and added to food and beverages such as milk, processed food, sauces, etc. Bioplastics are a good substitute for conventional plastics, as they are non-biodegradable and nonrenewable. Recently, China refused the import of plastic waste for recycling. This ban forced many North American and European countries to think of an alternative source. In the Asia Pacific region, particularly India and China, the use of conventional plastic is banned due to an increase in pollution and global warming.
Global Starch-derived Fiber Market: Regional Outlook
North America is the largest producer of cornstarch, and companies such as Cargill Inc. and Alliance Grain Traders Inc. have production facilities in North America. With increasing per capita spending on food and beverage products, Asia Pacific is anticipated to witness the highest growth rate over the forecast period in the starch-derived fiber market, as manufacturers in this region are expected to ramp up production activity to feed the demand for fodder for cattle. The market in Europe is expected to witness a robust growth rate, owing to a potential increase in the production capacities of starch-derived fiber manufacturers over the forecast period.
Brief Approach to Research
The analysis will be done on a modeling-based approach and triangulation methodology to estimate data covered in this report. A detailed market understanding and assessment of the product type, application, and end use of the segments covered in the study is followed by carrying out a demand-side approach to estimate the sales of target segments, which is then cross-referenced with a supply-side assessment of value generated over a pre-defined period. The statistics and data are collected at a regional level, consolidated and synthesized at a global level to estimate the overall market sizes.
Key Data Points Covered in the Report
Some of the key data points covered in our report include:
- An overview of the starch-derived fiber market, including background and evolution
- Macroeconomic factors affecting the market and its potential
- Market dynamics, such as drivers, challenges and trends
- Detailed value chain analysis of the market
- The cost structure of the products and segments covered in the study
- In-depth pricing analysis, by key product segments, regions and by major market participants
- Analysis of supply and demand, such as top producing and consuming geographies, imports/exports, and overall trade scenario
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, application and industry.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Chile, Peru)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K., Spain, BENELUX, Nordic, Eastern Europe)
- CIS and Russia
- Asia-Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, South Korea)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, South Africa, Turkey, Iran, Israel)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Starch Derived Fiber Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Global Starch-derived Fiber: Market Segmentation
On the basis of raw material, the global starch-derived fiber market has been segmented as-
- Sweet Potatoes
On the basis of form, the global starch-derived fiber market has been segmented as-
On the basis of type, the global starch-derived fiber market has been segmented as-
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint