This Fiber Supplements market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Fiber Supplements market.
Fiber Supplements Market – Introduction
Fiber is a type of carbohydrate that helps to keep the digestive systems healthy. There are numerous fiber supplements available in the industry in various forms, such as tablets, capsules, and powders. Fiber provides a wide range of health benefits, such as it lowers cholesterol, and keeps blood sugar steady. Short-term relief from bowel irregularity and constipation are some primary factors that are driving the adoption of fiber supplements. Dietary fiber supplements are also witnessing traction for weight management, as they help people feel satiate for longer.
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Some of the leading players operating in the global fiber supplements market are NOW Foods, Walgreens, SPECIES, Citrucel, BarnDad Innovative Nutrition, Robinson Pharma, Inc., Myogenix, Optimum Nutrition, Garden Of Life, Benefiber, Twinlab, Renew Life Formulas, Inc., and Metamucil
Fiber Supplements Market Dynamics
Growing Awareness about Health Benefits of Dietary Fiber Supplements Fuelling Adoption
A significant transition in lifestyle and dietary habits of people is driving traction for fiber-rich supplements. Research on the health benefits of adequate fiber supplements has had positive conclusions. As per the European Food Safety Authority, fiber-rich products can enhance weight management. Meanwhile, the World Cancer Research Fund (WCRF) estimates that roughly 45% of bowel cancer can be prevented with the consumption of proper fiber-rich diet and physical activity. Burgeoning studies showing a wide range of health benefits of dietary fibers are fuelling demand for soluble as well as insoluble fiber supplements.
Fiber Supplement Manufacturers Adopting Smart Marketing Strategies to Drive Sales
Fiber has a unique taste and thus, it requires proper masking for a product to appeal consumers. Consequently, nutraceutical companies are increasingly experimenting with various fibers to develop fiber supplements that taste good. Several companies provide taste-free, sugar-free fiber supplements, which the consumers can use as per their convenience. For instance, Benefiber powder is a leading fiber supplement that completely dissolves in beverages. Moreover it’s tasteless, which means consumers can add this fiber supplement to any beverage. This growing adoption of in-trend ingredients in variants is likely to drive growth in fiber supplements market.
Heavy Regulations from FDA Confining Growth in Fiber Supplements Market
Stringent FDA regulations are posing a significant barrier to entry of fiber supplements in the market, as product testing and approval can be a costly and lengthy process. Additionally, compliance with prevailing regulations at the manufacturing stage can drive production costs to excessive levels for all but the well-capitalized companies. Furthermore, the increasing number of adulterated and misbranded products coupled with mislabeling claims and other scandals have hampered consumer confidence in dietary supplements. These factors are likely to limit the growth in fiber supplements market.
Favorable Initiatives & Recommendations Driving Adoption of Fiber Supplements
As per the World Gastroenterology Organization, dietary fiber intake recommendations vary across different parts of the world. Most of the guidelines recommend consumption of >20g/day. However, actual dietary fiber consumption is below recommended levels across many countries. Fiber consumption in many countries, including the US and Europe is far below the recommended level by regulatory bodies. This is leading to long-term implications for public health, such as gastrointestinal disorders, rising cases of type 2 diabetes, heart diseases, stroke, and obesity. Fiber supplements allow people to boost the amount of fiber in their diets if they are not getting it in adequately from their diet. The growing fiber intake recommendations by government coupled with the increasing consumption of fiber-deficient diets, are prompting consumers to adopt fiber supplements.
Growing Gluten-Free Intolerance Creating Lucrative Opportunities in Fiber Supplements Market
Gluten-free is a rapidly growing food intolerance segment that continues to show significant potential in the future market worldwide. Amid the changing consumer preference for gluten-free products, fiber supplements companies are increasingly focusing on providing high-fiber and gluten-free variants. For instance, Psyllium husk, which is commonly found in many fiber supplements, is a naturally gluten-free ingredient that has been helping its brand to comply with the altering preferences. Konsyl is also a gluten-free variant, just like most of Metamucil products. Furthermore, Citrucel makes the safest gluten-free choice among the purely soluble fiber supplements.
Fiber Supplements Market - Segmentation
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain of the global Fiber supplements market. The report provides an in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators and governing factors along with Fiber supplements market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various factors on Fiber supplements market segments and geographies.
NOTE - All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Future Market Insights.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Fiber Supplements Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Notable developments in the competitive landscape of fiber supplements market include:
- In 2018, the Fiber Choice® line of chewable prebiotic fiber gummies and tablets was awarded the #1 share of gastroenterologist (GE) recommendations nationwide, over four times greater than that for the nearest branded competitor.
- Caret Pharma, a subsidiary of Caret Group has acquired FiberChoice, a leading line of fiber supplements. With this acquisition, Caret Pharma aims to expand its medical food category.
- As consumers are in pursuit of supplements that deliver optimum fiber and protein, Atkins brand has launched Atkins Plus Protein & Fiber shakes in two varieties, Creamy Milk Chocolate and Creamy Vanilla.
Based on type, the global fiber supplements market is segmented into:
Based on application, the global fiber supplements market is segmented into:
- Blood Cholesterol Reduction
- Gastrointestinal Health
- Weight Management
- A detailed overview of fiber supplements parent market
- Changing Fiber supplements market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth Fiber supplements market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected Fiber supplements market size regarding volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments in Fiber supplements market
- Competitive landscape of the Fiber supplements market
- Strategies for key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth in fiber supplements market
- A neutral perspective on Fiber supplements market performance
- Must-have information for Fiber supplements market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint