Starch-based Texturizing Agents Market Outlook
Chemicals are used in foods to carry out specialized functions. As foods are processed for alteration in selected products, additives are usually used. The demand for starch-based texturizing agents is increasing day by day. Among all the additives, starch-based texturizing agents are used in a large quantity. Starch-based texturizing agents are meant to add or modify the whole texture of the food products. The primary starch-based texturizing agents are emulsifiers, stabilizers, phosphates, dough conditioners, etc., each one has its own unique functions. Apart from improving the texture of the foods, some of the other applications of starch-based texturizing agents are dispersion of oil and flavors of the foods, prevent evaporation of volatile flavor oil, and enhance the water-holding capacity of the food components. Owing to numerous applications, the starch-based texturizing agents market is likely to expand at a significant rate in the years to come.
Optimized Structure, Viscosity, and Smoothness in Various Food Products are Assisting the Growth of the Starch-based Texturizing Agents Market
Modified starches have been made since a long time, and they have many applications in the food industry. The starch in starch-based texturizing agents is extracted from green plants as an energy store and is considered an essential energy source for humans. Starch-based texturizing agents are manufactured with the help of starch found majorly in potatoes, rice, wheat, and other foods. The appearance may vary depending on the source. Starch-based texturizing agents can be used in fat-free and low-fat foods, including mousse, mayonnaise, margarine (an edible spread), ice creams, yogurts, and cream cheese. The starch-based texturizing agents are also incorporated in drug and cosmetic formulations. The starch-based texturizing agents market is primarily driven by the health benefits they provide.
Global Starch-based Texturizing Agents Market - Key Players
The key players identified in the global starch-based texturizing agents market include Tate and Lyle, Beneo GmbH, Coöperatie AVEBE U.A, Cargill Inc., Kerry Group, Archer Daniels Midland Co., Emsland- Stärke GmbH, and Ingredion, among others.
Key Developments in the Starch-based Texturizing Agents Market
Starch-based texturizing agents market is expected to grow in the years to come. Increased utilization in the food processing industry is expected to boost the growth of the starch-based texturizing agents market. Multiple new product launches have been observed over the years. For instance, in March 2017, a leading provider of ingredients solutions to different industries, Ingredion Inc., announced multiple additions to its very own line of PRECISA Crisp of functional starch texturizers for the snacks industry. The new series of starch-based texturizing agents offers differentiated functionality, delivering the manufacturers a number of solutions to address the different formulations and processing demands.
Opportunities for Starch-based Texturizing Agents Participants
Owing to its widespread applications in the food industry, the starch-based texturizing agents market is expected to propagate in the foreseeable future. The global starch-based texturizing agents market is driven by a constant increase in applications and an upsurge in demand from growing economies. Removal of fat from a food product often results in adverse effects on the structure and organoleptic properties such as opacity, lubricity, smoothness, and flavor profile. The consumer demand for low-fat foods that helps in retaining the quality of the full-fat formulation has led to the development of a large number of potential starch-based texturizing agents, which in turn is presenting an opportunity for the vendors to enter the starch-based texturizing agents market.
Brief Approach to Research:
A modeling-based approach and triangulation methodology will be followed to estimate data covered in this report. A detailed market understanding and assessment of the applications, types, forms, and end uses of the product segments included in the study is followed by carrying out a demand-side approach to estimate the sales of target product segments, which is then cross-referenced with a supply-side assessment of value generated over a pre-defined period. The statistics and data are collected at a regional level, consolidated and synthesized at a global scale to estimate the overall market sizes.
Key Data Points Covered in the Report:
- An overview of the global starch-based texturizing agents market including background and advancement.
- Macroeconomic factors affecting the starch-based texturizing agents market and its potential.
- Market dynamics, such as drivers, challenges, and trends.
- Detailed value chain analysis of the starch-based texturizing agents market.
- The cost structure of the starch-based texturizing agents and segments covered in the study.
- In-depth pricing analysis, by crucial starch-based texturizing agents segments, regions and by major market participants.
- Analysis of supply and demand, such as top producing and consuming geographies, imports/exports, and overall trade scenario.
- Analysis of the market structure, including a tier-wise categorization of key market participants.
- Competitive landscape of the market, including detailed profiles of the top players in this market.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, application, and industry.
The report covers exhaust analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, S. Africa, Northern Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Starch-based Texturizing Agents Market - Segmentation
By nature, the starch-based texturizing agents market is segmented into:
By product type, the starch-based texturizing agents market is segmented into:
By source, the starch-based texturizing agents market is segmented into:
By Functionality, the starch-based texturizing agents market is segmented into:
- Dough Conditioners
By End-use, the starch-based texturizing agents market is segmented into:
- Dressings & Sauces
- Processed products
- Infant formula
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current, and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Market Research Methodology - Perfected through Years of Diligence
A key factor for our unrivaled market research accuracy is our expert- and data-driven research methodologies. We combine an eclectic mix of experience, analytics, machine learning, and data science to develop research methodologies that result in a multi-dimensional, yet realistic analysis of a market.