This Flatting Agents market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Flatting Agents market.
Global Flatting Agents Market Introduction
Flatting agents are used to reduce the glossy effect of the paints, varnishes, lacquers and other finishing paints and coatings in order to meet the tailored specific requirements. The flatting agents are also known as matting agents. Manufacturers are focusing on the development of flatting agents such that the desired matting affect could be obtained whereas maintaining the performance properties of the coatings such as good flow, color, stability, mar resistance and other mechanical and physical properties. The flatting agents are added with paints and coatings to amounts according to the required finish. Flatting agents that not only will reduce gloss but also improves properties such as scratch resistance are being developed. There has been significant research and development for the development of flatting agents with focus on particle size and pore to improve the efficiency and performance. Flatting agents have specific particle size distribution to diffuse the light in the specific pattern from the paint film and impart a smooth and deep matting effect. The flatting agents are used for a variety of paints and coatings applications ranging from wood, coil and architectural coatings amongst others.
Global Flatting Agents Market Dynamics
Flatting Agents Market Drivers
The substantial growth in the paints, coatings and inks industry across globe is projected to boost the demand for flatting agents. There has been rise in consumption of decorative paints which is largely being used for the commercial and residential applications. Flatting agents are also being used for inks. Therefore, the steady growth of the end use industry is projected to drive the demand for flatting agents.
Another major benefit of using flatting agents is the significant improvement in properties such as rheology, stability, scratch and mar resistance, finish and smoothness. The increasing concern for aesthetics and appearance and growing use of decorative paints is projected to create positive traction in flatting agents market.
Flatting Agents Market Restraints
One of the major challenge faced by the global Flatting agents market is the cost associated with the use of advanced flatting agents. Moreover, there are also stringent regulations regarding the emission of harmful volatile organic compounds (VOC’s) which is hamper the growth of flatting agents globally. The use of flatting agents in water based paint formulations
Flatting Agents Market Trends
With the growing concerns regarding the harmful effect on environment caused by the use of these chemicals, there has been a recent trend for the use of natural flatting agent for paints and coatings applications
In some of the cases, the flatting agents are being added with a hardener additive which allows flexible gloss adjustment, adjust rheology, transparency and stain and scratch resistance has been a major trend in the global flatting agents market. There has been focus on development of advanced grade of flatting agents with could achieve higher matting affect without losing opacity.
Moreover, there has been an increase in consumption of flatting agents to obtain matt effect and superior anti cracking properties in the resin based plasters.
Global Flatting Agents Market: Regional Outlook
In terms of regional perspective the global flatting agents market is anticipated to be dominated by Asia Pacific region. This is attributed to the significant growth in the paints and coatings industry in the region majorly in China and India with rapid urbanization and industrial and infrastructural developments which is projected to create significant opportunities for growth of flatting agents. North America and Europe are also projected to register noteworthy demand for flatting agents over the forecast period. Latin America and Middle East and Africa are projected to remain low volume high growth regions over the forecast period.
Global Flatting Agents Market Participants
Some of the market participants identified across the value chain of global Flatting Agents market are:
- Evonik Industries AG
- PPG Industries, Inc.
- Huntsman Corporation
- J.M. Huber Corporation
- Dalian Fuchang Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Imerys S.A.
- W. R. Grace & Co.-Conn.
- The Lubrizol Corporation
- Michelman, inc.
- Akzo Nobel N.V.
- PQ Corporation
- Axalta Coating Systems
- Toyobo Co., Ltd.
The research report Flatting Agents presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. Flatting Agents also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report Flatting Agents provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, application, and industry.
The report Flatting Agents covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Flatting Agents Market Segments
- Flatting Agents Market Dynamics
- Flatting Agents Market Size
- Flatting Agents Supply & Demand
- Flatting Agents Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Flatting Agents Competition & Companies involved
- Flatting Agents Technology
- Flatting Agents Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, S. Africa, Northern Africa)
The report Flatting Agents is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report Flatting Agents provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report Flatting Agents also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on Flatting Agents market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Flatting Agents Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Global Flatting Agents Market Segmentation
The global flatting agents market can be segmented on the basis of application, formulation, product type and region
On the basis of product type, the global flatting agents market can be segmented as:
On the basis of application, the global flatting agents market can be segmented as:
- Can and Coil
- Packaging coatings
- Other industrial coatings
On the basis of formulation, the global flatting agents market can be segmented as:
- Water based solutions
- Solvent based solutions
- Radiation cured and high solids
- Flatting Agents detailed overview of parent market
- Flatting Agents changing market dynamics in the industry
- Flatting Agents in-depth market segmentation
- Flatting Agents historical, current, and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Flatting Agents recent industry trends and developments
- Flatting Agents competitive landscape
- Flatting Agents strategies of key players and products offered
- Flatting Agents market potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Flatting Agents Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Flatting Agents Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Flatting Agents Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Flatting Agents Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.