This Tide Gauge market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Tide Gauge market.
The sea level is rising at a rapid rate since past few years. Two important factors are responsible for this unfortunate change: first is the melting of glaciers and ice sheets due to global warming. Second is thermal expansion of sea water when it warms. Due to this reason, it has become crucial to measure sea water level from time to time for the safety of the life of people. The Pacific tsunami warning system proved that many people could have been saved in Indian Ocean if timely and proper warnings to those people had been given. One of the important elements of these warning systems is real time sea level data from tide gauges. This is precisely the recent GLOSS (Global Sea Level Observing System) program’s implementation plan encourages coastal countries to upgrade their tide gauge networks.
A tide gauge is an instrument used to estimate changes in sea level with respect to that of datum. It consists of sensors which continuously measure the water level height relative to reference surface height closer to the geoid. The instrument has a pipe at the bottom which allows the entry of water and the electronic sensors record its height and transfer the measured data to the computer. Tide gauge is one of the important tools used to determine changes in mean sea level, extreme conditions and their co-relation with climate change, tidal computation, harbor applications and navigation. They can be also be used as a sea level hazards warning system.
Key Trends, Drivers, Restraints
The development of advanced and efficient technologies and increasing demand for precise and accurate nautical charts are main growth drivers for the global tide gauge market. The data collected from tide gauges is used by scientists for the measurement of global weather patterns, mean sea level water and changes in it. This data from tide gauges is mainly used for the study of global warming. Due to these trends, the global tide gauge market is expected to grow.
In shipping and fishing industries, tide gauges find practical applications. A low or high tide level can act as a deciding factor in determining access to shallow bays and locations with bridges. Though many companies still rely on tide gauges of government agencies (such as NOAA), they have started installing their own tide gauges in ports. This is likely to affect the growth of the tide gauge market positively. Rapidly increasing exploration of new areas for oil and gas reserves is another key factor that drives the global tide gauge market. In developing countries, rise in maritime sector and growing demand for coastal zone, port and harbor management is likely to accelerate the growth of the tide gauge market.
In the tide gauge market, hydrographic charting has maximum demand as it allows safety of navigation and also helps in all other marine applications. Recently, new technologies have evolved in the tide gauge market which allow real time and remote tide information to be posted online to the tide sensors via wireless connections powered by solar energy.
Increasing risk of counterfeit products, strict government laws and regulations are key restraints for the tide gauge market. Also, high investment in research and development and higher costs of tide gauges are some other restraints to the global tide gauge market.
Examples of some of the market participants in the global tide gauge market identified across the value chain include:
- Valeport Ltd
- Geomatics USA, LLC
CEE Hydros The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, application, and industry.
The report covers exhaust analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, S. Africa, Northern Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Tide Gauge Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Tide Gauge Market Segmentation
The global tide gauge market can be segmented on the basis of type and application.
On the basis of tide gauge type, the global tide gauge market is segmented into:
- Kelvin Type Tide Gauge
- Fuess Type Tide Gauge
- GSI Type Tide Gauge
- High Accuracy Automatic Tide Gauge
- High Resolution Automatic Tide Gauge
On the basis of tide gauge application, the global tide gauge market is segmented into:
- Hydrographic Charting
- Offshore Oil and gas
- Coastal Engineering
- Port and Harbor Management
- Fishing Industries
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Tide Gauge Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Tide Gauge Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Tide Gauge Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Tide Gauge Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.