This Traction Motors market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Traction Motors market.
Traction motors have been a significant component in various electrical and industrial devices such as elevators, escalators and locomotives. The rising trend of incorporating automation to every mechanical operation has propelled the importance of traction motors. The application of traction motors in consumer appliances such as washing machines will continue to fuel the demand in the global market. Additionally, the need for traction motors will remain for decades, owing to the motors’ rotational properties that provide the required torque in engines and machines. Also, the developments in hybrid technology of the combustion engines will integrate traction motors for higher efficiency. The growing demand for vehicles that commute on land, in air and on water will also register the growth in the adoption of traction motors in the global market.
Dynamics of Global Traction Motors Market
The key driver of the global market for traction motors is the extensive application in the automotive and machinery sector. Besides this, the growth of global traction motors is also influenced by factors such as
- Rising demand for efficient power conversion
Under normal conditions, traction motors are efficient in converting a majority of the electrical power into mechanical energy, which assists the locomotive operations such as dynamic braking.
- Increasing electrification of automobiles
The demand for electric vehicles (EV) has gained considerable traction in the automotive industry. As a result, there is a subsequent upsurge in the demand for EV traction motors.
- Varying emission standards
Technological developments owing to the changing emission regulations has generated the demand for engines with reduce emissions. This is steering the demand for more enhanced and fuel-efficient traction motors in the global market.
The only constraints reshaping the dynamics of the market include the operational glitches of traction motors. The overheating of traction motors is one of the major restraints hampering the growth of the global market. The insulation breakdown and the commutation malfunctions are also observed as the factors limiting the adoption of traction motors.
Among the regional segmentation of the global market, Asia Pacific is expected to witness higher production of traction motors, owing to the booming automobile sales in countries such as China, Japan and South Korea. The rising industrialisation in North America is anticipated to promote the use of traction motors in several manufacturing machinery. Also, the advancements incorporated with traction motor technology are also predicted to boost the demand in European countries such as United Kingdom.
Leading Industrial Contributors
Expanding the product portfolio by enhancing the existing range of traction motors will be observed as the key strategy by manufacturers. Aisin, ABB, Alstom, General Electric, Continental, Mitsubishi, Magna International, and Toshiba, among others can be regarded as the leading companies in the global market for traction motors.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, types and applications.
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, S. Africa, N. Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Traction Motors Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Market Segmentation & Regional Overview
The global market for traction motors is segmented on the basis of the applications and the end-users
On the basis of application, the market can be segmented into,
- Industrial machinery and equipment
On the basis of end-users, the global traction motors market can be segmented into,
- Hybrid vehicles
- Compact construction equipment
- Other (Washing machines, Electric Aircraft, etc.)
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Traction Motors Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Traction Motors Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Traction Motors Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Traction Motors Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.