This Underfloor Air Distribution Systems market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Underfloor Air Distribution Systems market.
Decent air conditioning and ventilation is important for both domestic and commercial buildings as it is directly associated with the comfort and safety of building occupants. That apart, it also contributes to the structural strength. Often, engineers adopt different strategies to provide ambient atmosphere in the building – this includes installing proper ventilation and air distribution systems. The underfloor air distribution system is one of the common techniques used to provide appropriate heating and cooling facility in a building. In an underfloor air distribution system, the temperature controlled air is passed through a plenum space between the structural slab and the underside of a raised floor. Underfloor air distribution systems are being highly adopted in commercial buildings and open spaces where raised floors are desired for cable management. Underfloor air distribution systems also offer a high degree of flexibility layout as the distribution channels can be branched as desired in the provided space. In general, inside a close room, the contaminants present in air are collected at the ceiling level due to the natural buoyance of air. The conventional overhead systems force these contaminates to circulate into the breathing zone repeatedly. However, in case of underfloor air distribution systems, contaminates are forced to the ceiling and re-entering is avoided by stratification and natural buoyance. These systems also offer improved thermal comfort, improved ventilation and improved energy efficiency.
Underfloor Air Distribution Systems Market: Dynamics
The underfloor air distribution system and technology was introduced in the late 50s and was primarily used in spaces having high heat loads. The technology was highly adopted in several major economies in Europe, Americas and Japan. The underfloor air distribution system technology is highly efficient and can be easily installed in buildings where centralised air conditioning is required. The growing construction industry and increasing number of multi-storey buildings will offer high growth opportunities in the global underfloor air distribution system market. Also, several key players involved in the manufacturing and installation of underfloor air distribution systems are emphasizing on making energy efficient and sophisticated systems, which it is expected will draw relatively higher attention in the coming future.
On the other side, underfloor air distribution systems are still unknown in several regions as they are a new and unfamiliar technology. That apart, installation of underfloor air distribution systems leads to certain changes in floors, which, sometimes, may prove to be a bad idea for a building, its occupant and floor loads. Also, limited technical information available for commissioning procedures, operating sequences and control techniques is a major restraint hampering the market from grow rapidly. Several other restraints, such as high initial investment, gaps in fundamental understanding and limited applicability in retrofit constructions are expected to play their role in the global underfloor air distribution system market.
Underfloor Air Distribution Systems Market: Region-Wise Outlook
At the time of its introduction, the underfloor air distribution technology was highly adopted in only Europe and Japan. However, later, the technology grew its feet in North America also. In terms of geography, North America and Europe are estimated to be the dominating regions owing to the high adoption of HVAC systems amongst all buildings. Countries, such as Germany, Denmark, Switzerland, U.K and other European countries are estimated to hold significant market shares in the regional Underfloor Air Distribution Systems market. On the other hand, growing economies in different parts of the world that are projected to exhibit high adoption of modern technologies are expected to emerge as the targeted countries for the underfloor air distribution systems market participants.
Underfloor Air Distribution Systems Market: Market Participants
Several major HVAC technology providers are active in the market and are estimated to hold a significant share in the global underfloor air distribution systems market. Also, some of the new medium scale enterprises are offering their products in the global market with new ideas and technologies. Examples of some of the participants in the underfloor air distribution systems market areJohnson Controls International Plc., Advanced Ergonomic Technologies Ltd, Price Industries, TROX USA, Inc., Carrier Corporation (United Technologies Corp.), Kingspan Group, Air System Components, Inc. DuctSox Corporation, among others.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, application, and industry.
The report covers exhaust analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, S. Africa, Northern Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Underfloor Air Distribution Systems Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Underfloor Air Distribution Systems Market: Segmentation
An underfloor air distribution system consists of a combination of several components assembled beneath the elevated floor. The system basically comprises floor plenum, which are the ducts installed between the access floor and structural floor, and diffusers, which distribute air to the occupant space. The system also consists of an underfloor fan series which powers air distribution and a central equipment which acts as the heart of the whole system. The global underfloor air distribution systems market can be segmented on the basis of assembly components and application.
On the basis of assembly components, the global underfloor air distribution systems market can be segmented into:
- Type of System
- Local Fan Driver
- Central Unit Driven
- Underfloor Air Supply Plenums
- Pressurized Plenum
- Constant Pressure
- Variable Air Volume (VAV)
- Zero-Pressure Plenum
- Type of Diffuser
- UFAD Diffuser
- Round Swirl Floor Diffuser
- Rectangular Jet Floor Diffuser
- TAC Diffuser
- Desktop Diffuser
- Under-desk Diffuser
- Partition-Based Diffuser
- Underfloor Fan Terminals
- Electronic Control Unit
On the basis of application, the global underfloor air distribution systems market can be segmented into:
- Commercial Spaces
- Data Centers
- Community Halls and other public gatherings
- Exhibitions and Temporary Constructions
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint.
Frequently Asked Questions
What research methodology is used to develop the Underfloor Air Distribution Systems Market report?
- FMI utilizes three branched methods to derive market measurements used to compile any report study (data derivation, triangulation and validation).
- These approaches include accumulating data from both primary and secondary sources
- Primary research involves interviews with industry operators and FMI's network of contacts spanning the world's value chain of the Underfloor Air Distribution Systems Market. This is supported by a comprehensive literature analysis of information gathered through secondary sources
- Analysis of several middle market stakeholders for country-wise data
What else does FMI offer apart from Underfloor Air Distribution Systems Market report?
In addition to up-to-date market figures and customized of the Underfloor Air Distribution Systems Market, FMI offer consulting services to help businesses within industry navigate challenges and take well-informed decisions amidst the breakneck competition.
How do you define competitors based on market structure? What aspects about a competitor are included in the company profile section?
- Most of the competitors are segregated according to their market share in 'Tier' wise statures.
- Global market participants are scrutinized and global competition metrics are included with numerous competitor profiles referring to their business background and go-to market strategies.