This Wild Rice market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Wild Rice market.
Wild rice is a member of the grass family and not rice. It is a long black grain, traditionally grown in the area such as isolated river bed and lake locations. It is native to North America and China having a nutty texture and holds its long shape after cooking. It is commonly used as an added constituent to recipes such as salads as well as mixed with other types of rice to create blends. The species forming a genus Zizania includes northern wild rice, wild rice, Texas wild rice, and Manchurian wild rice, among which first three are native to North America while the last one is native to China. Wild rice is low in fat and high in dietary fiber, the amino acid lysine, and protein, therefore it is preferred by most of the consumer as a substitute for rice, owing to high health consciousness among consumers.
Global Wild Rice Market Dynamics:
Market Growth Analysis
Disclaimer: This data is only a representation. Actual data may vary and will be available in the report.
Global Wild Rice Market Segmentation:
The global wild rice market is segmented on the basis of product type, packaging type, distribution channel, end-user, and region. Based on product type global wild rice market is segmented as ready-to-eat and grains. Among which ready-to-eat segment is expected to expand at a relatively high CAGR in global wild rice market. On the basis of packaging, the global wild rice market is segmented as cartons, pouches, boxes, glass and plastic jars, wherein pouches segment is expected to expand at a relatively high growth rate over the forecast period.
Based on distribution channel, the global wild rice market segmented as wholesale and retail. Among which wholesale segment is expected to account for relatively high revenue share, attributed to rapidly growing food service industry, whereas retail segment is expected to expand at relatively high value as well as volume share in global wild rice market. The retail segment is again fragmented into convenient stores, hypermarkets/supermarket, e-Commerce, and individual stores. Among which, hypermarkets/supermarket, the segment is expected to contribute for major revenue share whereas, e-Commerce segment is expected to expand at a significant CAGR in the global wild rice market, attributed to increasing adoption of e-Commerce across the globe. On the basis of end-user, the global wild rice market is segmented as consumers, food services, and food manufacturers, wherein food services segment has significant revenue share, whereas, consumers segment is expected to register significant CAGR, over the forecast period.
Global Wild Rice Market Regional Outlook:
Based on the geographies, the global wild rice market is split into seven regions including North America, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Japan, Asia-Pacific except Japan, Latin America, and the Middle East & Africa. Among the regions, North America is expected to dominate the global wild rice market with relatively high growth rate, owing to high demand for wild rice across the regions. Europe is followed by North America and is expected to expand at a significant growth rate in wild rice market, owing to high health awareness among consumers across the region. Asia-Pacific is expected to expand at significant growth rate, attributed to rapid rate of urbanization, rapidly growing population, and changing lifestyle of consumers across the region. The wild rice market in Asia-Pacific is also driven by high demand for wild rice in China, as wild rice is native to China.
Global Wild Rice Market Player:
Few players in the global wild rice market include Moose Lake Wild Rice, SunWest Foods Inc., Amira Nature Foods Ltd., Lundberg, Nature's Gourmet Foods, Inc., InHarvest, Inc., Lake of the Woods Wild Rice CO., Gibbs Wild Rice CO., Erickson Processing Inc., Coilws Com Inc., and Agassiz Wild Rice LLC.
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
NOTE - All statements of fact, opinion, or analysis expressed in reports are those of the respective analysts. They do not necessarily reflect formal positions or views of Future Market Insights.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Wild Rice Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
The report covers exhaustive analysis on:
- Wild Rice Market Segments
- Wild Rice Market Dynamics
- Historical Actual Market Size, 2015-2016
- Wild Rice Market Size & Forecast 2017 to 2027
- Wild Rice Market Supply & Demand Value Chain
- Wild Rice Market Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Wild Rice Market Players Competition & Companies involved
- Wild Rice Market Technology
- Wild Rice Market Value Chain
- Wild Rice Market drivers and Restraints
Regional analysis for Wild Rice Market includes
- North America
- US & Canada
- Latin America
- Brazil, Argentina & Others
- Western Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia and New Zealand (ANZ)
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- GCC Countries
- Other Middle East
- North Africa
- South Africa
- Other Africa
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
- Must-have information for market players to sustain and enhance their market footprint
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Wild Rice Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Wild Rice Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Wild Rice Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Wild Rice Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)