This Rice Cakes market study offers a comprehensive analysis of the business models, key strategies, and respective market shares of some of the most prominent players in this landscape. Along with an in-depth commentary on the key influencing factors, market statistics in terms of revenues, segment-wise data, region-wise data, and country-wise data are offered in the full study. This study is one of the most comprehensive documentation that captures all the facets of the evolving Rice Cakes market.
Rice cake is a food product made from rice that is shaped or condensed or combined into a single object, which is being used as a healthy snack that is keeping the consumers away from unhealthy products such as chips, fries, and others. Evolution of rice cakes took place in Southeast Asia and are prepared from rice grains such as bran, germ, and endosperm. It can also be used as a base for other ingredients. Rice cakes are available in different flavors such as chocolate, apple cinnamon, chicken, caramel, and others. The production of rice cakes is based on the explosive characteristics of rice like popcorn when heat and pressure are applied.
Market Drivers and Trends:
There are different varieties of rice cakes available in the market, each of these variety possess some nutritional features beneficial for consumers. Rice cakes are produced from brown rice and have high fiber content. Rice cakes do not contain any sodium and fat, it provides long-lasting energy as they are not digested fast, and rice cake also contains magnesium, manganese, tryptophan, and selenium. Despite having low-calorie content, rice cakes are not suitable for weight loss as it is a kind of carbohydrate having a high glycemic index which raises the blood sugar level very fast but its benefits can be fully utilized if used as a substitute for junk foods such as chips, pastries, fries, and others. Though grains have high nutrient content it is difficult for consumers with celiac disease to consume grains because it may contain gluten which can promote symptoms including bloating, diarrhea and abdominal pains. All these nutritional qualifications of rice cakes drive the global rice cake market. High glycemic nature of rice cakes could lead to cancer, diabetes, irreversible diabetes and can cause cardiovascular disease. Rice cakes are unsuitable for babies as it contains a high level of arsenic which is linked to health problems including cancer.
The rice cake market is segmented on the basis of product type, flavors, raw material, distribution channel and packaging type. On the basis of product type, rice cake market can be segmented as mochi (Japanese rice cakes), Puffed rice cakes (North American rice cakes) and others. On the basis of flavor type, rice cake market can be segmented as chocolate, apple cinnamon, chicken, caramel, and others. On the basis of raw material, rice cake market can be segmented into white rice and brown rice. Mainly maximum production of rice cake takes place with the help of brown rice. On the basis of distribution channel, rice cake market can be segmented into modern trade, specialty stores, convenience store, online stores and other retail stores. On the basis of packaging type rice cake market can be segmented into pillow pouches, stick packs, snack-sized portion bags and others. These innovative packaging types do attract the kids for opting the product of that particular brand.
Market Regional Outlook:
The regional segment for the market of Rice Cake is divided into seven different regions: Western Europe, North America, Eastern Europe, Latin America, APEJ, Middle East & Africa and Japan. Rice cakes are traditional in APEJ and Japan, including China, India, Vietnam, Korea, Malaysia, and others. North America rice cake market is also witnessing growth with the innovations in the varieties of rice cake.
Some of the key players in the rice cake market includes Quaker Oats Company, Mars Incorporated, Element Snacks, Inc., Lundberg, Tastemorr Snacks, RACIO, s.r.o. and Sanorice.
The research report presents a comprehensive assessment of the market and contains thoughtful insights, facts, historical data, and statistically supported and industry-validated market data. It also contains projections using a suitable set of assumptions and methodologies. The research report provides analysis and information according to market segments such as geographies, application, and industry.
The report covers exhaust analysis on:
- Market Segments
- Market Dynamics
- Market Size
- Supply & Demand
- Current Trends/Issues/Challenges
- Competition & Companies involved
- Value Chain
Regional analysis includes:
- North America (U.S., Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico. Brazil)
- Western Europe (Germany, Italy, France, U.K, Spain)
- Eastern Europe (Poland, Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, ASEAN, Australia & New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC Countries, S. Africa, Northern Africa)
The report is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macro-economic indicators and governing factors along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various market factors on market segments and geographies.
Unique Requirements? Customize this Report
- Customize by Region, Country, Application, Product, & other segments
- Integrate our Insights with your Existing Data
- Determine the scope of the study to suit your requirements
Let FMI Help You!
- Gain Insights on Key Rice Cakes Market Impacting Forces
- Know the Winning Strategies of Market Leaders
- Get Deep-Dive Analysis on Each Segment
- Identify the Sources that will Drive Top-Line Revenue
Rice Cakes Market
- Detailed overview of parent market
- Changing market dynamics in the industry
- In-depth market segmentation
- Historical, current and projected market size in terms of volume and value
- Recent industry trends and developments
- Competitive landscape
- Strategies of key players and products offered
- Potential and niche segments, geographical regions exhibiting promising growth
- A neutral perspective on market performance
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose FMI?
- With a global presence and a trusted partner to several Fortune 500 firms, FMI covers 1 billion+ data points to build a diversified portfolio for market benchmarking
- Market Reports researched and peer reviewed by industry experts from across the globe
- We follow a multi-dimensional method of analysis monitoring a three-layer data validation process
- In addition to demand-side market assessment, our data triangulation methodology involves supply-side research
- Primary research includes mandatory field interviews with stakeholders involved
- Customizing reports according to client specification is also our forte
What will you discover from Rice Cakes Market report?
- The current and future market size, covering each aspect and nuanced trends across key national and geographic markets
- An overview of the market report, providing an imperative visual of the varied market subdivisions and overall forecast statistics in terms of value and volume
- Extensive database and key dynamics elevating the market with varied verticals associated
- Underlying Rice Cakes Market forces that are compelling consumers or businesses to purchase the product
- How novel technologies and consumer-centric innovations will create new value-adding opportunities for companies active in the Rice Cakes Market
- What will be environment and regulatory impacts on the market over the next decade
Which framework has been used to develop the Rice Cakes Market report?
- Investment Feasibility Matrix - It shows returns on investment, level of competition, success rate of investment, and potential risks associated with the market. The analysis shows that the competition is high in the established market, while the returns for short-term investment are also taken into consideration
- Relative Maturity Mapping – The relative maturity is measured according to three growth phases (growth, maturity, decline)
- Relative PLC (Product Life Cycle) – Analysis of the emergence of prominent players and competitive test prices which are driving factors behind every market. (expected market behavior, observed market behavior, expected market performance, observed market performance)